Excerpt: Andrea Lyon New Book

I would never read this trash. It is so unethical and disgusting to be blatantly BLATANTLY cashing in on this tragedy. I guess everyone has to get a piece of the action. It's basically blood money imo. I hope she is investigated because this is wrong on so many levels. Nice profession, sheesh. In the old days advertising was frowned upon, now you can really get somewhere by creating a 3 ring circus complete with sideshow acts and media coverage. Wouldn't Abe Lincoln be proud of the defense team!

Her writing a book explains her involvement in this case, free promotion, national and international attention has been given to this case. The same goes for Dr. Baden and his wife Linda's book, and other experts on the case who just so happen to have books currently released. There really is no 'pro bono' , there is more what mileage can I get out of the exposure. Pro bono imlies a noble, charitable, nothing in it for me type of voluntary legal aid. Ms. Lyons book actually helps the prosecution, because much like studying her past cases, and lectures one can guess with accuracy what arguments she is likely to use and plan accordingly, so I am happy. It is as if someone dropped off her closing arguments right on the State's desk and said, sneak peek, Merry Christmas!

I have often wondered why mom and pop don't see that writing on the wall, that they are going to be drug through the mud by Andrea in the closing arguments of penalty phase? It is going to make brother Rick's e mails look like a tea party invitation by comparison. It is going to be brutal! I wont be at all surprised if she states that Caylee was the product of a rape from a close family friend. Then we'll see how their public comments change, but ...alas...that is at least a year away imo.

It is very naive if Brad is not telling them to get ready for this eventual and inevitable dissection of her upbringing. It is not going to be pretty. It is going to be brutal, indeed. One of our posters wrote my favorite line in the case "We are not on Hope Springs Drive anymore folks!"

Red mine.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving couple! :furious:

No I would never spend a dime on her book. BUT....if I were LDB? I might check it out to get a head's up on her style. moo

No I would never spend a dime on her book. BUT....if I were LDB? I might check it out to get a head's up on her style. moo

IMO, she wouldn't need the book. She already has her pegged from her oral arguments in the courtroom, and all the motions she has filed.

So in theory...AL would do better if KC is convicted and then she has time to argue against the DP. interesting!

Blatantly calling herself an "angel" is narcissistic and immodest. You have to have a lot of chutzpah, and even more hubris to preen yourself with images of divine greatness. Kinda reminds me of Lucifer (and no, I'm not saying I think that she is Lucifer, or the devil). I wouldn't buy her book just on the basis of such a smug title. Seriously, I know that lawyers have egos, but she really has no shame. IMO.

Blatantly calling herself an "angel" is narcissistic and immodest. You have to have a lot of chutzpah, and even more hubris to preen yourself with images of divine greatness. Kinda reminds me of Lucifer (and no, I'm not saying I think that she is Lucifer, or the devil). I wouldn't buy her book just on the basis of such a smug title. Seriously, I know that lawyers have egos, but she really has no shame. IMO.

What was that film - The Green Mile? I keep comparing her to Sister What's Her Name and then saying nah! Sigorney Weaver and Sean Penn were in it. Anyone remember?

What was that film - The Green Mile? I keep comparing her to Sister What's Her Name and then saying nah! Sigorney Weaver and Sean Penn were in it. Anyone remember?

Dead Man Walking was Susan Sarandon and Sean Penn.

The Green Mile was Tom Hanks

Both excellent movies about death row.

Dead Man Walking was Susan Sarandon and Sean Penn.

The Green Mile was Tom Hanks

Both excellent movies about death row.

Oh Lord I'm getting old - thank you - it was Dead Man Walking and of course Susan Sarandon:blushing:

Will not buy it. PERIOD. Might read it at the library or bookstore though, just to know how she operates.

Will she be doing a "book tour" to promote it? If so, she will be doing national TV interviews and will be talking about the Casey case and how her book applies.

Wish that there would be a Gag Order placed on her to prevent that. :(

Will not buy it. PERIOD. Might read it at the library or bookstore though, just to know how she operates.

Will she be doing a "book tour" to promote it? If so, she will be doing national TV interviews and will be talking about the Casey case and how her book applies.

BBM

The only gagging is going to be done by those reading it. :puke:

I am late to the party but she did NOT name her book "The Angel Of Death Row" ???!!!

Everytime I read the title, I read it the same way...some how the word Row disappears.....

back to lurking.

I will just continue to listen to her lectures as they totally contradict what the book excerpt says anyway.

Ah, but a book tour would give some of us a moment of her facetime to ask, "Can you please sign this one for my (daughter/niece/aunt/granddaughter etc.) --'With love, in remembrance, for justice... to Caylee'?"

ah, but a book tour would give some of us a moment of her facetime to ask, "can you please sign this one for my (daughter/niece/aunt/granddaughter etc.) --'with love, in remembrance, to caylee?"

love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just put it on hold at the library..I would never buy it.

Read the excerpt before I read any comments and I have to say I am truly shocked by her writing style. It is nothing like the person she presents herself to be and I believe she is. It is simply written, she appears very likeable, almost gentle, and displays a warmth I would never believe possible.
Still shaking my head - trying to put the two parallel worlds into one - ain't gonna work.
Ain't gonna work in Casey's defense either!

I'm wondering if I should go to the book signing tomorrow. I so want to give her a message from Caylee IYKWIM.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back