Explore Walking possibilities that Dylan or MR could take from the MR home

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has never been confirmed. I have waited and waited for LE to confirm this. I think it has never been confirmed because LE was never sure they had a clean scent of Dylan before ER had the additional items brought to Bayfield. That's just my speculation - I don't know why this has not been confirmed or denied, really.

Salem

Thanks, Salem. I remember when Elaine had items brought from their new home that LE said they did not need them and did not use them IIRC.

I remember that too, MoneyGirl. That's why it is so confusing and frustrating that LE won't confirm the trail.

The intersection info came out at the very beginning of the case and appeared to be from someone in the know. But then it was never confirmed and the info about no scent items came out.

This part of the search/timeline has never been clarified, as far as I know. Lots of discrepancies, even still.

Salem

Unfotunately, LE has not released exactly where the remains were found. I've been guessing what I think are the most logical choices based on pictures and information.

That is a topographic map. It shows the elevation using the lines a guides for where the elevation changes. I used one of those in my previous post because they help show how much the elevation changes. It's amazing what you can see/do on a computer.

Jumping off your post, Ghost. i know you're familiar with maps but there may be others that are not.

You can pull up terrain views easily on google maps. Also, as a tip for people who may not be familiar with this type of terrain/topographic map, the lines get closer together as the incline gets steeper. So lines are far apart in the valley bottom, but close together along the side of the mountain.

Jumping off your post, Ghost. i know you're familiar with maps but there may be others that are not.

You can pull up terrain views easily on google maps. Also, as a tip for people who may not be familiar with this type of terrain/topographic map, the lines get closer together as the incline gets steeper. So lines are far apart in the valley bottom, but close together along the side of the mountain.
I think I explained that a page ago, but not everyone goes back to look. Thanks.

Here is another map that can be switched from topo to satellite and manipulated to view the area.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Lake...ke+&hq=Lake+Vellecito+Country+Market&t=m&z=16

If you go to maps.google.com and type in MRs address: 2343 CR 500 Vallecito you can easily pull up the map for the area. There is google street view available along 501 - pull that little guy onto the road and let go and it should switch to street view.

There's probably a more technical way to explain that but I learn by doing lol.

ETA You can also right click on a location and select Directions to Here and it will draw out the route for you. You can continue to add locations. And then you can link your map by selecting Get Directions and then copy the URL.

I found a great topographical map picture, but it is on a FB page that is going to be deleted. I saved the picture to my computer but I don't know how to add it here. From what I can see the land appears to be flat across from MR's up to just before Middle Mountain Rd/service rd. Wonder where exactly that culvert is; is it at the bottom of that mountain or at the top on that road?

Thanks, Salem. I remember when Elaine had items brought from their new home that LE said they did not need them and did not use them IIRC.

BBM

From Websleuth's Media Thread for Dylan Redwine, The Durango Herald, 11/26/2012:

"None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent was available in the first days of the investigation. But the family had articles of the boy’s clothing delivered on the weekend.

“We have the clothes,” Bender said Monday. “We don’t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later.”

Just a reminder of how it went, as it's been a long, long, while. When the lake search was being conducted, LE was unable to obtain any articles from MR that were suitable for using as scent items for the dogs. We had numerous discussions at that time as to why that was, most of which ended in a draw. (Interestingly, in discussing possibilities with someone recently, they suggested that, if MR were indeed involved, he had every incentive _NOT_ to provide anything for the dogs to work with, as the longer it took to locate Dylan, the better it would be for him.)

Anyway, for whatever reason, LE could not get items with Dylan's scent from MR's house, so they were brought up from ER's home. Officer Bender did not say "they did not need them and did not use them." His direct quote is above.

BBM

From Websleuth's Media Thread for Dylan Redwine, The Durango Herald, 11/26/2012:

"None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent was available in the first days of the investigation. But the family had articles of the boy’s clothing delivered on the weekend.

“We have the clothes,” Bender said Monday. “We don’t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later.”

Just a reminder of how it went, as it's been a long, long, while. When the lake search was being conducted, LE was unable to obtain any articles from MR that were suitable for using as scent items for the dogs. We had numerous discussions at that time as to why that was, most of which ended in a draw. (Interestingly, in discussing possibilities with someone recently, they suggested that, if MR were indeed involved, he had every incentive _NOT_ to provide anything for the dogs to work with, as the longer it took to locate Dylan, the better it would be for him.)

Anyway, for whatever reason, LE could not get items with Dylan's scent from MR's house, so they were brought up from ER's home. Officer Bender did not say "they did not need them and did not use them." His direct quote is above.

What do you think they used in those first days to track Dylan's scent to the junction of 500/501?

What do you think they used in those first days to track Dylan's scent to the junction of 500/501?

please where is this information that they tracked Dylans scent to the junction of 500/501? I've only been able to find that on a somewhat dubious blog site, nothing at all in news.

This is why links are so important, without links IMO we can't take it as being true fact.

a quick look around and I found this: -

according to MR in Tricia's 6/2 interview he said dogs only tracked a scent up to 50 feet from his front door.

from [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9615866&postcount=913"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found[/ame]

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...28478,-107.52174599,3574.26,-145.114,69.181,0

From Google Earth.
Snap shot from Mark's home (A) to 9.5 miles (B) on Middle Mountain Road. This is a good visual from above Mark's house on Middle Mountain Road and shows the Vallecito Reservoir behind.
Note the two deepest areas appear at 8.3 miles and at 9.5 miles from Marks. I believe Ghostwheel said the first runs down into Bear Creek. The second area at 9.5 looks like it has even more fall off. I don't think Dylan walked up here by road or by trail. Also Ghostwheel thought the search crews had their main search station in the large bare looking area, just in-between the two areas I've noted. Thanks Ghostwheel.
Many thank yous. I zoomed in and did find at least one concrete drainage culvert under the road at what I think is Bear Creek, and something else that looks like it might be a second one, so we at least know the there are drainage culverts under the road. And enough dirt roads that anyone could have driven Dylan anywhere up there if it wasn't muddy. I've driven roads in the condition I see on this map in a Honda Odyssey van. Anyone with a truck would have no problem.

MR has an ATV. Offered to raffle it off to raise money for the search. See Dr Phil transcripts for details.

ATV not referred to in the partial list of search warrants and items that were released by MR awhile back. Wonder why not?

New poster seeking to speak with "all campers" in the area Nov 18th. Sounds like LE wants to know who was in that forest that night and everything they saw. I have high hopes that LE will find campers who might have noticed something but not realized it was important at the time, like a guy on an ATV late at night.

MR has an ATV. Offered to raffle it off to raise money for the search. See Dr Phil transcripts for details.

ATV not referred to in the partial list of search warrants and items that were released by MR awhile back. Wonder why not?

New poster seeking to speak with "all campers" in the area Nov 18th. Sounds like LE wants to know who was in that forest that night and everything they saw. I have high hopes that LE will find campers who might have noticed something but not realized it was important at the time, like a guy on an ATV late at night.

It certainly makes sense to follow-up with campers in that area, but unfortunately... On the other hand, they may have a witness in their original files but maybe that area wasn't revelent at that time and are looking for other possible witnesses to back it up??? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500