Fact vs Spin - The defense never rests

From the Dr. Phil Interview:

SPIN:

Joe Tacopina on Dr. Phil

JoeT: Uh, Dr.Phil, I can enlighten you a little bit on that. There were, um, a lot of people coming forward, and, you know, there was some substantial leads that were developed including 3, and I repeat, 3 witnesses who saw an individual in the area, uh, walking around various parts of that suburb of Kansas City with a baby in a diaper and nothing more. At midnight, at two in the morning and four in the morning. Independent, absolutely credible witnesses who don't know the family or anyone else, made 3 independent sightings. To me, that is powerful evidence that there is leads that are out there that need to be followed.

Dr.Phil: Alright, now, let's talk about these sightings that you are talking about. I understand that, at least one of those, there's actually video tape, uh, of a person walking and it was forty-five degrees out, and I believe one of these sightings was a person in just a shirt and pants, carrying a baby. No coat, no blankets, not anything in forty-five degrees out. Is, is that true?

JoeT: That's accurate. Actually, it's a direct trajectory away from the house. The first sighting was around, you know, a little after midnight, close by to the, to uh, Deb and Jeremy's house. Uh, then we see that videotape around 2 in the morning at a gas station which is a little further away, but it's also near a wood-uh, wooded area, right behind the gas station where you see that individual disappear into. Very nearby a dumpster where there was a fire that night, and scorched baby clothes were in. Then, a little further down the road, about two hours later, Mike Thompson, another individual witness, driving, sees a man matching the same description as the individual by the Irwin home, carrying a baby with just a diaper on. That is- you know, I've been a prosecutor and a defense lawyer, that is pretty powerful evidence that there are answers out there.

Bold One FACT: The "white blob", which has not been determined to be male or female - and certainly has not been determined to be carrying anything, was coming OUT of the "wooded area", not going INTO the "wooded area". The "wooded area" is actually just a line of trees separating the busy street from a residential area.

Bold Two FACT: The blob was seen in front of the BP gas station, not in back of it.
Side note: The bar Jersey was kicked out of is practically in the same parking lot as the BP station.

Bold Three FACT: Thompson described the man as around 5-feet-7, between 140 and 150 with salt and pepper hair (he later pointed to DB's neighbor as the man he saw carrying the baby). The neighbor, Lisa, described the man as tall, thin, and balding, (sounds like Jeremy?).

So, we have 2 of the three witnesses describing two different men, and a blob that can't be described at all. What I find interesting is the fact that the blob was seen so near to the house where MW was staying (1/2 mile away), and across the street from the bar Jersey was kicked out of - and NONE of them mention these facts.

I have to also ask WHY the defense would need to outright lie to make up a defense for these people if they were innocent? Could it perhaps be that LE found absolutely NO evidence that there was an intruder? This little fact might cause JT to embellish a little bit...uh huh...

I have to also ask WHY the defense would need to outright lie to make up a defense for these people if they were innocent? Could it perhaps be that LE found absolutely NO evidence that there was an intruder? This little fact might cause JT to embellish a little bit...uh huh...

And when it fits his purposes, there were burned clothes in the dumpster -

"Very nearby a dumpster where there was a fire that night, and scorched baby clothes were in."

Yet DB sort of shrugged off LE showing her burned clothes.

Tacopina has no problem embellishing, I could tear his resume and web page apart, but who has that sort of time. Stanton's was way easier.... which is why Tac makes the big bucks.

"Very nearby a dumpster where there was a fire that night, and scorched baby clothes were in."

Tacopina has no problem embellishing, I could tear his resume and web page apart, but who has that sort of time. Stanton's was way easier.... which is why Tac makes the big bucks.

bbm = to be fair she did say 'I HOPE the burned clothes weren't true'.

You know, when she made that statement and had that little "almost chuckle," I remember that I was totally taken aback. Such an odd response. I know for a fact that if I had been in her place and asked that question, I would have been crumbled to the floor!

bbm = to be fair she did say 'I HOPE the burned clothes weren't true'.

Yes, first she says she's been lead to believe the burnt clothes weren't real....then she says she hopes they aren't real.

Real? Not sure why she doesn't say, "I hope those clothes aren't Lisa's clothes". Too distant.

DB is an actress and I can show you where she is convincing and adamant when she said she was SURE she turned off the lights, and that she put Lisa to bed with a bottle at 10:30 She was just as convincing when she said she was drunk and doesn't remember. The girl's got skilz.

Hey guys, loving all your input. This case, along with the JBR/Haleigh Cummings case really, really and truly brings me down.

I suppose I am unaware of things happening in our mist.

Do you feel our children are doomed; I do.

Hey guys, loving all your input. This case, along with the JBR/Haleigh Cummings case really, really and truly brings me down.

I suppose I am unaware of things happening in our mist.

Do you feel our children are doomed; I do.

I think they are if the justice system doesn't find a way to call of the defense dogs and MAKE the parents talk. JMO

I think they are if the justice system doesn't find a way to call of the defense dogs and MAKE the parents talk. JMO

But MAKE them say what? That they did someting to baby Lisa even if they didn't? Do you suggest the same for MW, JB, SB, Jersey? Do we waterboard everyone involved?

Giood post!

Embellish? You're too kind..

But MAKE them say what? That they did someting to baby Lisa even if they didn't? Do you suggest the same for MW, JB, SB, Jersey? Do we waterboard everyone involved?

The parents need to sit down and help the police find Lisa, dead or alive, the child deserves it. Their cooperation does not mean they are guilty, it means they are answering questions the police still have. They have questions, they need answers.

I don't care what anyone says, these two are acting like they have something to hide. It's not rocket science, it's human nature to want to find your child.

Not "I'm too tired" "I'm grieving" "We just want to move on." "I'm not answering questions"

Putting your children on National TV and parading them through the neighborhood 27 days after your daughter has been ABDUCTED by a CRAZY person is not normal....it's just not. Most people would be in hiding. Not these two. Whatever.

The parents have talked, if they have told all they know what good does it do to keep answering the same questions. By not talking they are forcing LE to actual investigate all possibilities, not brow beat them into a false confession. MOO

Defense Team knows how to manipulate the public.

Ron cummings married the girl who was the focus in the disappearance (death) of his child. He had just started working nights. He lawyered up right away and within thirty days married the suspect. Six months later he was forced to go in and answer questions by the FDLE. His lawyer would not let them ask about anything but the phone records. We never did see them.

The point is that EVEN is they oblige LE, that doesn't mean they are answering any important questions to find the child.

It should be realized that these parents are not interested in locating Lisa. Lisa, as in most cases now, carries a financial plan. Finding her would not benefit the parents. They need to keep her alive. It is the new world order. Deny and keep them alive. Kind hearted people will continue to help you either money-wise or legal wise. The lawyers continue to pander to the public.

It has been stated on this forum by a respected poster that he believes GMA(ABC) is paying all their bills and expenses while this case is opened. They want the first bid by the parents when anything breaks, so they are helping them. They did something very similar with the Anthonys. This case needs to simmer and die a slow death.

The baby will not be found, though I hope I'm wrong. LE has lost their chance to interview. You can thank Defense Attorneys stepping in and being paid for by Mrs. Schiller. It is now too late. All that is left are people who were concerned and would like the case resolved. The longer it goes, the more divisive the groups become. The only ones who can help locat Lisa are not interested. Why should we be?

According to the bradley/Irwin clan, Lisa is fine. She was taken by someone who wants to love her. DB said on national ty "Nobody steals a ten month old child to hurt them". So....why dies she let Joe T tell the viewing public at the same time, that a person took Lisa, undressed her and spent FOUR hours walking the streets with her in 45 degree weather...!!

Which is it DB? If that crazy person has her, Lisa must not be afraid because we haven't heard ONE thing about her crying or making a sound. You assured us she was okay. We haven't heard that the crazy person took a blanket or a bottle for her. Sounds to me like the crazy person doesn't know the first thing about caring for a child. What say you, Deborah? Crazy maniac baby stealer or loving person who wanted to care for Lisa?

The parents are not talking. Period. Lisa has been missing for 5 months today. The parents stopped talking to LE shortly after Lisa went missing. Are we to blindly think that every question that needed to be asked of the parents was asked in those first days? Has no new information come up that LE needs to talk to the parents about that could possibly bring Lisa home? When a child goes missing, do parents talk to media for a week or two and then cut it off? Of course not! I've never seen this in a case like this...never! These two have so much to hide that it's ridiculous!

Apparently when Short was fired, DB had no idea. They are letting Tacopina run the show, period. Like this attorney says, it should be up to the parents who they want representing them. At this point, I would LOVE to see DB and JI fire Tacopina and BS. Not going to happen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgdjeJ47has&feature=related] Lisa Irwin's mother had no idea her attorney Cyndy Short was fired[/ame]

Apparently when Short was fired, DB had no idea. They are letting Tacopina run the show, period. Like this attorney says, it should be up to the parents who they want representing them. At this point, I would LOVE to see DB and JI fire Tacopina and BS. Not going to happen.

I believe that JI is making the decisions and calling the shots. Early on, family members told the press they couldn't talk to them until it was cleared with JI. DB didn't know anything about CS being let go. I think those decisions are being made by JI. Wouldn't JT need the parents to sign off on that? She was working for them, not him.

JS has said that there was a bit of a rift among the family about the attorneys. I sure would like to know which side is not happy and which side is wanting to stick with the current defense team.

I sure would like to know which side is not happy and which side is wanting to stick with the current defense team.

not that he's DT but, here's one they might want to get rid of:

from an article online @ kwch.com october 20th:

Comment from Wild Bill Stanton

On Thursday, the family's consultant, 'Wild' Bill Stanton, spoke to national media. In interviews with Good Morning America and the Today Show, Stanton said he continues to believe baby Lisa is still alive, but that he found no evidence that someone from outside broke into the home.

so even the family's consultant is saying no evidence of an intruder found??

:what:

pretty powerful.

wow.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...,5991184.story&hl=en&client=firefox-a&strip=1

not that he's DT but, here's one they might want to get rid of:

from an article online @ kwch.com october 20th:

Comment from Wild Bill Stanton

On Thursday, the family's consultant, 'Wild' Bill Stanton, spoke to national media. In interviews with Good Morning America and the Today Show, Stanton said he continues to believe baby Lisa is still alive, but that he found no evidence that someone from outside broke into the home.

so even the family's consultant is saying no evidence of an intruder found??

:what:

pretty powerful.

wow.

Do you have a link for this?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads