Family kicked out of all you can eat buffet.

I always thought that was the most ridiculous thing ever. I also worked at BK and even as a teenager I felt that was just dumb to throw all that food away. And I worked at 7-11 for awhile and they do the same thing. All those donuts and sandwiches and biscuits salads etc etc all to the trash at the end of the day. The loaves of bread were tossed 2 days before expiration date. I used to HATE lugging all that to the dumpster. At least donate it to the homeless shelter or something. By the way if you got caught taking any of the 'trash' you were fired for theft. :waitasec:

GlitchWizard said:
I know what you mean about wasting food intentionally pissing you off - when I was in college and worked at Burger King and KFC, I would take the leftovers to the homeless men who lived underneath my apartment. (They would stay up to watch me walk home to be sure I made it safely, since it wasn't a great neighborhood and I was scared.) At first, the managers were throwing it away and told me not to take it because Burger King/KFC would be sued if one of the homeless guys got sick. Eventually, though, everyone turned their eyes away and I could do it without hassle.

You would not BELIEVE how much chicken, GOOD chicken, gets tossed out after closing time.

Mygirlsadie said:
I always thought that was the most ridiculous thing ever. I also worked at BK and even as a teenager I felt that was just dumb to throw all that food away. And I worked at 7-11 for awhile and they do the same thing. All those donuts and sandwiches and biscuits salads etc etc all to the trash at the end of the day. The loaves of bread were tossed 2 days before expiration date. I used to HATE lugging all that to the dumpster. At least donate it to the homeless shelter or something. By the way if you got caught taking any of the 'trash' you were fired for theft. :waitasec:
I worked at a grocery store that did the same thing. The explanation I received was that they were concerned that employees would essentially make more food than was needed on purpose so they could take stuff home, which essentially is stealing. That is why they throw it out.

The businesses who throw food away and won't re-distribute to the needy are immoral, IMO.

"I do hope that over the years you have not forgotten those homeless that made sure that you made it home safely."

I never forgot anyone, homeless or not. My parents are always shaking their head in shame at me because they don't understand how I can help people they don't deem worthy of helping. I have helped people move (from one house to another) that I didn't even know, I have pen pals in prison, I rescue animals and on occassion, people. My folks think that you only help people who would help you in return. I found that you ALWAYS get back what you give - but it's silly to expect it to be from the same person you gave to.

Sometimes I get burned, but more often than not, I get way more out of it than I ever put into it. :)

I threw out a piece of chicken from a buffet today after only eating the skin off it and not the meat. I should be flogged. :-(

Glitchwizard, good for you!
What goes around, comes around....:)

The worst case of gluttony I ever saw was in new orleans at a buffet that is no longer there (it wouldn't have been there even before Katrina) about 20 years ago. Two enormously obese people (man and woman, easily 600 lbs apiece) were sitting on two chairs each (one for each butt cheek) and had hired a little black kid to run back and forth from their table to the buffet line with plates, all the while yelling at him "More! Faster!" with food flying from their mouths. It was staggering. When I saw SE7EN, the scene with the man killed for gluttony reminded me of them.

Eek.

hahaha, too funny!

Some people have no shame, you kinda have to admire that they didn't give a hoot what other people thought :p

BillyGoatGruff said:
The worst case of gluttony I ever saw was in new orleans at a buffet that is no longer there (it wouldn't have been there even before Katrina) about 20 years ago. Two enormously obese people (man and woman, easily 600 lbs apiece) were sitting on two chairs each (one for each butt cheek) and had hired a little black kid to run back and forth from their table to the buffet line with plates, all the while yelling at him "More! Faster!" with food flying from their mouths. It was staggering. When I saw SE7EN, the scene with the man killed for gluttony reminded me of them.

Eek.

really horrible, horrible vision you have just conjured up there BGG. :sick:

i'm just off to the market and will surely bear what you've said in mind -- these jeans are feeling a little on the tight side today . . .

GlitchWizard said:
I once dated a guy who wore size 5X clothing - the reason was, the man could pack away more food than my refrigerator. I went with him to an all you could eat buffet on occassion and always wondered what the manager thought. Everything he took, though, ended up in his mouth - so I guess it was "waisted" and not wasted. :)
I just read your quote at the bottom of your post and nearly fell out of my chair! LOL!!!!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

GlitchWizard said:
"I do hope that over the years you have not forgotten those homeless that made sure that you made it home safely."

I never forgot anyone, homeless or not. My parents are always shaking their head in shame at me because they don't understand how I can help people they don't deem worthy of helping. I have helped people move (from one house to another) that I didn't even know, I have pen pals in prison, I rescue animals and on occassion, people. My folks think that you only help people who would help you in return. I found that you ALWAYS get back what you give - but it's silly to expect it to be from the same person you gave to.

Sometimes I get burned, but more often than not, I get way more out of it than I ever put into it. :)

I threw out a piece of chicken from a buffet today after only eating the skin off it and not the meat. I should be flogged. :-(
Your post made me smile. God really does have angels on earth!~
:p

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn