Family to Hold Public Memorial Service for Caylee

I think the A's having a private and a public ceremony is fine. What hurts my heart right now, is they are planning a funeral for their beautiful granddaughter when they should be planning Christmas festivites! It just breaks my heart.

Having both private and public memorials is the best solution.

Whatever we feel about the As' behavior since the beginning of all of this, they are Caylee's grandparents and they are grieving.

People do want to pay their respects. Caylee has touched a lot of people in their hearts. IMO, two memorials is a good compromise.

Finally, they are listening to their lawyer.

Bravo.

Agreed

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20081224/BREAKINGNEWS/81224002/1006/NEWS01

"ORLANDO -- The remains of Caylee Anthony, which were discovered last week in a wooded area near her grandparents' home, have been released by the medical examiner's office to a funeral home, FLORIDA TODAY news partner WKMG Local 6 reported.
The child's remains were sent to the Robert Bryant Funeral & Cremation Chapel in Orlando after documents were signed by the girl's mother, Casey Anthony, Local 6 News reported.

Casey Anthony, 22, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Caylee, who would have turned 3 years old in August. Caylee was reported missing in mid-July, a month after she disappeared."

Sounds like Casey's family is pissed off at her, who could blame them.

"The Anthonys have no plans to visit Casey Anthony in the Orange County Jail, where she's been since October."

"Authorities also said that Casey Anthony would not be eligible to attend either a funeral or a viewing of the remains under Orange County Corrections Department Policy. They said that was due to the level of the charges and to the safety and security risks that would be associated with her attendance."
http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20081224/BREAKINGNEWS/81224002/1006/NEWS01

i think this is the first display of normal, decent behaviour i've seen ..... just waiting for the other shoe to drop, tbh.

This is all the doing of their new attorney. He's advising him to do things such as this to make them look better in the public's eye. I believe.

I think it's good that they recognize just how many lives have been affected by Caylee. She was such a bright angel.

My unpopular opinion has always been that the Anthony's reactions have been based on circumstance.
They couldn't be "normal" in such an abnormal situation.
I don't think KC ever confessed to them.
Listening to her lies in the jail visits, I understand why they weren't willing to give up hope.
I think (hope) we'll see a different, true side to the Anthony's now that they know Caylee's gone.
If they continue their defense of Casey with nothing to back it up, my opinion will change.

They know how important Caylee became to so many people and they're recongnizing it by having a public memorial. I think it's a very unselfish and generous gesture on their part.

I hope those that attend keep it about Caylee and don't turn it into a bash KC service, even though I hate that girl.

Personally I don't feel there should be a public memorial that would possibly turn into a media circus.

Perhaps their church could find a space on their property to plant a tree in Calyee's memory and also offer a place where people could place toys and such. Then these toys could be donated to needy families in the Orlando area.

As to the marker; on each of my families burial markers, only the birth year and passing year are on each marker. Not unusual here for this to be the norm.

:clap:
If I lived closer I would attend a memorial service for little Caylee. I think it is a wonderful idea to have both a private service just for family and a public memorial. I don't think it will turn into a circus. People just want to go and say their good byes to little Caylee. We all have grown to love this baby girl.
I would hope that everyone will behave themselves anyway and just remember that this is for Caylee Marie and be respectful of that little girl.
:clap:

I pray you're right. Whatever has happened in the past, this family is doing a wonderful thing by allowing the rest of the world an opportunity to say goodbye to a beautiful child named Caylee, whom we have all grown to love. She reminds me so much of my own dear daughter, who's about the same age.
If I lived a little closer, I would go.
Since for me this case has been all about finding Caylee, this is the most lovely thing I have heard since July.

This is all the doing of their new attorney. He's advising him to do things such as this to make them look better in the public's eye. I believe.

I would bet you (and I'm not the betting kind) that Nejame advised them to do similar things/not do certain things, but the Anthonys refused to listen to him, presumably because Caylee's body had not been found and they refused to believe she was deceased. So Nejame ended his representation of them.

By the time Caylee was found, Mr. Brad Conway had been enlisted to represent them, and now they're grieving. I don't find any of this calculated. I find it human, on the most basic of levels.

:furious:
SNIPPED: "... The media is going to be all over it, and theres bound to be that one nutty person that starts wooping and hollering about Casey amidst the whole thing. ..."

I pray that LE will be there to take any such folks into custody and book them for disturbing the peace, at a minimum. :furious::furious::furious:

My unpopular opinion has always been that the Anthony's reactions have been based on circumstance.
I don't think KC ever confessed to them...

I think (hope) we'll see a different, true side to the Anthony's now that they know Caylee's gone.

They know how important Caylee became to so many people and they're recongnizing it by having a public memorial. I think it's a very unselfish and generous gesture on their part.

I hope those that attend keep it about Caylee

respectfully snipped.

I hear you and agree. I think it's a very lovely gesture also.

I don't think KC ever confessed to them.
Listening to her lies in the jail visits, I understand why they weren't willing to give up hope.
If they continue their defense of Casey with nothing to back it up, my opinion will change.

I hope those that attend keep it about Caylee and don't turn it into a bash KC service, even though I hate that girl.

I'm in total agreement with everything you said. I hope some nut doesn't ruin the public memorial service by doing something inappropriate at that time.

I think the Anthonys are doing the right thing now. I too believe Brad C is giving them solid advice. I dont think it is necessary to have a public memorial though, people can have their own private memorial. My only objection to the private is that no pictures be sold to paper,mags,media,etc. To me that would be exploitation.

OT A very MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all.

I think it's a wonderful opportunity to thank everyone sincerely who searched for Caylee, and prayed for her and her family. I think a nice video celebrating her life would be great, and perhaps a few people who knew her to say a few things without mentioning her mother as much as possible would be excellent.
This is just my opinion, and I thank websleuths for allowing me to express it.
I have a little granddaughter who is just a few months older than Caylee. Every time she hugs me, or whispers in my ear that she loves me, I think of Cindy and all she has lost, and how grateful I am that my little Naomi comes to see me and gives such beautiful gifts of love.
Merry Christmas everyone. God Bless you all.
God Bless you Cindy, George, and Lee. I hope you recognize His Peace in your presence, because He is surely with you as you mourn. My prayers for you will continue. You aren't alone, and you will see little Caylee again one day. Jesus is watching her for you, and He's the best babysitter ever!!
Happy Birthday Jesus. We love you dearly.

There have been many public memorials for crime victims. A public memorial for Caylee is very appropriate. A whole community is in mourning for this child. The circumstances surrounding this case should never effect her right to be remembered. I think the Anthony's deserve to mourn their family member in private.

respectfully snipped.

I hear you and agree. I think it's a very lovely gesture also.

Elfie & Chicana... I was actually looking for a prayer thread. I'd been thinking all along what an especially hard time this is for Cindy. It's Christmas, and sweet Caylee is gone. AND her family as well...

On the Cindy Emails discussion thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76862

I came across http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...ee,+record,+07/14/08&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us the 6/5/2008 email from Cindy's mother with comment: "CINDY SAID SHE HAS THOUGHT OF "DOING AWAY WITH HERSELF, IF IT WASN'T FOR CAYLEE AND DAD AND ME. BUT WITH THE PRESSURE SHE'S UNDER, EVEN THAT MIGHTNOT BE ENOUGH TO KEEP HER FROM HARMING HERSELF." And other things also about the difficult time she has had with Casey AND George.

From these emails it seems she has long been the only one accepting responsibility. I know that she's been dishonest and have been quite angry and perplexed with her ... but am wanting to keep her in my prayers now with that in mind.

(respectfully snipped) ...
I have a little granddaughter who is just a few months older than Caylee. Every time she hugs me, or whispers in my ear that she loves me, I think of Cindy and all she has lost, and how grateful I am that my little Naomi comes to see me and gives such beautiful gifts of love.

Merry Christmas everyone. God Bless you all.

God Bless you Cindy, George, and Lee. I hope you recognize His Peace in your presence, because He is surely with you as you mourn. My prayers for you will continue. You aren't alone, and you will see little Caylee again one day. Jesus is watching her for you, and He's the best babysitter ever!!

Happy Birthday Jesus. We love you dearly.

Amen; as you say. ... in mourning ...

There have been many public memorials for crime victims. A public memorial for Caylee is very appropriate. A whole community is in mourning for this child. The circumstances surrounding this case should never effect her right to be remembered. I think the Anthony's deserve to mourn their family member in private.
I agree and am grateful that their lawyer has finally managed to make them see the light on all of the above. I have no idea if they understand it or not, but at least (for once) they are doing the RIGHT thing.

MOO

MOM? Is this you? (Original poster-you have my mother's intials and last name. She posts daily about this case elsewhere. Confussed here. Again-Mom?)

Mom? Call me to clarify....

How funny!! Nope not your mom unless she is a 29 year old from Texas.
:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back