Family to Hold Public Memorial Service for Caylee

There was a beautiful memorial service for Laci and Conner. I watched it on tv. It was complete with wonderful stories about Laci from her family and friends. I cried and I laughed. Laci had become a part of my day for several months and I was glad to "attend" her service.

Caylee is the most important thing here. I think she wanted her body to be found. She wouldn't rest until it was found. Now that she has been found, she will be laid to rest. I know her little Heavenly heart must be aching for her grandparents and anyone else who truly loved her, but she also knows that she has become a part of so many peoples' lives, people who searched for her and prayed for her, that I don't think she would want us to be excluded. We need closure too. I hope that the private memorial is just that - private. The A's deserve that and Caylee deserves that. The A's need to realize that while people may have been hating on KC because of her actions and frankly, non-actions, it is because people don't like to see babies hurt and when the parents are involved, it's just worse. They have to know in their heads that KC was involved, more than just dropping Caylee off at a trusted (but never seen) babysitter's house and doing her own investigation for a month. They have to know that we all love Caylee and prayed for her safe return. We are all devastated that this precious little girl who we saw pictures and videos of nightly for months has died. We don't know the cause of death but we know the manner of death and that has been deemed to be homicide. We have had our hearts broken time and time again when children have been murdered. And we don't get to forget them because they are such an important part of history, that their faces are still shown all the time and we need not to forget them. And we need not to forget Caylee - and we won't. God bless Caylee and all of the little children who have been murdered like Jessica L., Polly K. and Adam W. and the list just goes on and on. Their parents have become a big part of the world of advocacy for children and they will never stop letting us know that we have to watch our children closely and love them dearly and to always be aware of who may not be who they appear to be.

We are all so passionate about this case. I don't think many of us would miss Caylee's memorial service unless we had to be somewhere due to an obligation.

There was a beautiful memorial service for Laci and Conner. I watched it on tv. It was complete with wonderful stories about Laci from her family and friends. I cried and I laughed. Laci had become a part of my day for several months and I was glad to "attend" her service.

Caylee is the most important thing here. I think she wanted her body to be found. She wouldn't rest until it was found. Now that she has been found, she will be laid to rest. I know her little Heavenly heart must be aching for her grandparents and anyone else who truly loved her, but she also knows that she has become a part of so many peoples' lives, people who searched for her and prayed for her, that I don't think she would want us to be excluded. We need closure too. I hope that the private memorial is just that - private. The A's deserve that and Caylee deserves that. The A's need to realize that while people may have been hating on KC because of her actions and frankly, non-actions, it is because people don't like to see babies hurt and when the parents are involved, it's just worse. They have to know in their heads that KC was involved, more than just dropping Caylee off at a trusted (but never seen) babysitter's house and doing her own investigation for a month. They have to know that we all love Caylee and prayed for her safe return. We are all devastated that this precious little girl who we saw pictures and videos of nightly for months has died. We don't know the cause of death but we know the manner of death and that has been deemed to be homicide. We have had our hearts broken time and time again when children have been murdered. And we don't get to forget them because they are such an important part of history, that their faces are still shown all the time and we need not to forget them. And we need not to forget Caylee - and we won't. God bless Caylee and all of the little children who have been murdered like Jessica L., Polly K. and Adam W. and the list just goes on and on. Their parents have become a big part of the world of advocacy for children and they will never stop letting us know that we have to watch our children closely and love them dearly and to always be aware of who may not be who they appear to be.

We are all so passionate about this case. I don't think many of us would miss Caylee's memorial service unless we had to be somewhere due to an obligation.

No offense but that is attributing a whole lot of grown-up thinking to a two year old.

I think that her funeral should be private. We have the boards here to use to grieve if anyone feels so inclined. We did not know her or her family-by and large we sit in judgment on a situation that unfolded before us thanks to the media....we have the luxury of taking this situation up into our lives or putting it down and moving on. We have created the connection to this case ourselves-we have not been forced into the situation like Caylee and her family have been. We have made it our business, but really it isn't....jmo. I do not think the A's should have to make decisions based on what the general public believes or feels in regards to the death of their granddaughter. They will, because they will be advised to do so rather than look to be "insensitive." But, "WE" have no rights here.

JMO.

No offense but that is attributing a whole lot of grown-up thinking to a two year old.

I think that her funeral should be private. We have the boards here to use to grieve if anyone feels so inclined. We did not know her or her family-by and large we sit in judgment on a situation that unfolded before us thanks to the media....we have the luxury of taking this situation up into our lives or putting it down and moving on. We have created the connection to this case ourselves-we have not been forced into the situation like Caylee and her family have been. We have made it our business, but really it isn't....jmo. I do not think the A's should have to make decisions based on what the general public believes or feels in regards to the death of their granddaughter. They will, because they will be advised to do so rather than look to be "insensitive." But, "WE" have no rights here.

JMO.
I would agree with you if I didn't know what I know about the afterlife. I know that Caylee was only 2 here on Earth but Caylee's spirit isn't 2 in Heaven. In Heaven, there is no such thing as "not knowing." Caylee knows everything now. She came here with a big purpose. Caylee has shown herself many times to many people in dreams and has shown herself to small children who are not capable of dismissing her appearances because they haven't been told otherwise yet. Why is that? I think she wanted us to know that she was okay in Heaven now.

I know what you are saying about us never having known Caylee and you are right. We did sort of choose to be involved in this case, but what kind of people would we be if we didn't want her to be found and have justice served? Caylee's story was on tv every night for months . . . even though it pretty much dwindled down to the Nancy Grace show after awhile. I admit to being intrigued by KC and her lies and the family dynamics of the As.

Think about it though - a child goes "missing" and thousands upon thousands of people are praying for that child and wanting justice for that child. Is that a bad thing? We are sometimes led to believe that our world is a bad place so isn't it a fresh breath of air to know that people are still good and care about children and people they never lied eyes on? Should the As be greatful that we all came to love their little Caylee or should they toss us to the side and continue to protect KC? It's only a hard call if your last name is Anthony, I'm sure. I'm sure they want everyone to go away right now but they will be able to think more clearly in the future and know that their little Caylee was loved by so many that never even knew her.

I would agree with you if I didn't know what I know about the afterlife. I know that Caylee was only 2 here on Earth but Caylee's spirit isn't 2 in Heaven. In Heaven, there is no such thing as "not knowing." Caylee knows everything now. She came here with a big purpose. Caylee has shown herself many times to many people in dreams and has shown herself to small children who are not capable of dismissing her appearances because they haven't been told otherwise yet. Why is that? I think she wanted us to know that she was okay in Heaven now.

I know what you are saying about us never having known Caylee and you are right. We did sort of choose to be involved in this case, but what kind of people would we be if we didn't want her to be found and have justice served? Caylee's story was on tv every night for months . . . even though it pretty much dwindled down to the Nancy Grace show after awhile. I admit to being intrigued by KC and her lies and the family dynamics of the As.

Think about it though - a child goes "missing" and thousands upon thousands of people are praying for that child and wanting justice for that child. Is that a bad thing? We are sometimes led to believe that our world is a bad place so isn't it a fresh breath of air to know that people are still good and care about children and people they never lied eyes on? Should the As be greatful that we all came to love their little Caylee or should they toss us to the side and continue to protect KC? It's only a hard call if your last name is Anthony, I'm sure. I'm sure they want everyone to go away right now but they will be able to think more clearly in the future and know that their little Caylee was loved by so many that never even knew her.

My bold and italics-I do not see this as being one of two choices, respectfully, ie They either include the public because the public wants to participate or they exclude the public because they are selfish. Why should they be grateful for all of the interference in their private lives, I have to ask? Why are any of us "entitled" to look on them in their worst moments? It is not our business. The trial is not our business but we will likely be included in it because there is no real reason to keep it sealed.

I am very plugged in to my role in this case and the choices I have made to follow it and comment on it. But simply because I choose to play armchair detective does not entitle me to ownership of these crime victims and their families. If they invite me in or the rest of us, it is a different story. Again, JMO.

Peace to all..:blowkiss:

My bold and italics-I do not see this as being one of two choices, respectfully, ie They either include the public because the public wants to participate or they exclude the public because they are selfish. Why should they be grateful for all of the interference in their private lives, I have to ask? Why are any of us "entitled" to look on them in their worst moments? It is not our business. The trial is not our business but we will likely be included in it because there is no real reason to keep it sealed.

I am very plugged in to my role in this case and the choices I have made to follow it and comment on it. But simply because I choose to play armchair detective does not entitle me to ownership of these crime victims and their families. If they invite me in or the rest of us, it is a different story. Again, JMO.

Please don't forget that GA and CA, especially CA, made many appearances on tv and spoke with many reporters and in alot of instances, outwardly lied to protect her daughter. I don't have to go into detail - we all know that she lied to cover up for KC and so did GA, but I think he was at CA's mercy but shame on him anyway. Please don't forget that CA was so bold as to tell the public to get off of their a$$e$ and search for Caylee, while she and her family did not. She even backtracked on her own very words and changed damned dead body to rotting pizza and then to cover-up what she slipped, lied and said that she only said she smelled a dead body to get the police there faster. These are not private people, at least CA is not. I feel bad that they had the neighbors and others out in front of their house night after night yelling horrible things and throwing things, not to mention the media and the Fox webcam taking away all privacy, while they were in their own private hell . . . but I can't say that if I lived in their neighborhood, that I wouldn't be there as well. They were very obviously covering-up for their daughter who abandoned a car with the smell of death in it while accusing a non-existent babysitter for kidnapping Caylee. Of course everyone was livid . . . a baby was lost and possibly/probably dead at the hands of her mother or her friend(s) and these people were going on national tv lying up the wazoo about it.

Back to GA and CA, I do feel sorry for them that they lost Caylee. They will never be the same. I hope that they come to realize that enabling KC further will just be a slap in the face to Caylee.

And please don't forget that the A's are the ones who said there would be a public memorial so in the end, this is their decision.

Kc put us in it when she said "that child" is "missing". "help find caylee" there was a missing child involved. Would it be this way if she never went missing and was just gone then lie upon lie...? Oh, well probably yeah. Ha thats why there is forums like this.

I suppose everyone has their own feelings on these matters. But several years ago, a little thirteen year old boy in our community committed suicide. He was a friend of one of my daughters, so of course I took her to the Memorial Services. What I wasn't prepared for, though, was the fact the the hall was PACKED full of people! It was almost as though as entire community turned out to say goodbye and to show their support for the parents. The parents were divorced and both remarried to someone else. But what surprised me was how BOTH sets of parents said they couldn't express how much the sheer numbers of people at the service meant to them. I'm inclined to think the funeral should be private, but not the memorial service.

Kc put us in it when she said "that child" is "missing". "help find caylee" there was a missing child involved. Would it be this way if she never went missing and was just gone then lie upon lie...? Oh, well probably yeah. Ha thats why there is forums like this.
George drove a truck around with a billboard of Caylee and the A's, including KC, wore their "Help Find Caylee" tee shirts every day for the longest time. It may have been part of their denial, but many people took them seriously and looked at every child who passed them in the mall or sat across the way from them at a restaurant and called the tipline to say that they thought they saw Caylee and many people were so involved in this case emotionally that they lost sleep over this little angel who they never saw in person and there is something to be said for that. If Caylee died of an accident, and KC told the truth from the beginning, we would have only heard a little blurb about this on the news and we would not have thought much more about it except what a shame that that had to happen and maybe to be a little more careful in taking the ladder out of the pool immediately after getting out of it or buckling our kids in their carseats even if we are just going around the corner or to cut up their hot dogs just a little smaller.

I have a date with my 2 & 1/2 year old niece and I'll be late if I stay here any longer but I will be sure to take in her every accomplishment as if she was the first female president of the USA and I will let her know how proud I am of her and I will send her to the naughty chair when she is naughty because we aren't about raising brats who end up being some of society's worst citizens. Of course, I will have to refrain from laughing at her little serious face as she sits there and stares at me until I say she can get up . . . it's priceless!

I so agree with you. If the A's have a private funeral and no public memorial it should not be taken as disrespectful for all who followed this case.
It should not be taken as an insult to the followers. It is not about all of us who are following this case.
Now if they have a public memorial to make money that is as disrepectfull
as it comes for Caylee.

I so agree with you. If the A's have a private funeral and no public memorial it should not be taken as disrespectful for all who followed this case.
It should not be taken as an insult to the followers. It is not about all of us who are following this case.
Now if they have a public memorial to make money that is as disrepectfull
as it comes for Caylee.

Thank you-you phrased this much more clearly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back