Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw some signs saying "justice for Jahi" and wondered if that will be their new slogan (as distasteful as I think it is).

Oh sorry. What is all this malpractice talk about on this thread? ty

Based on the Mother's declaration and comments various family have made to the media, they seem to be upset by events that happened in the recovery room and ICU and the way some staff ignored their pleas to help Jahi, i.e., refused to call for a doctor, just handed them a bigger cup to collect all the blood, etc.

As the deadline approaches, I am beginning to wonder what the process will look like .... Will family stand guard at her bedside, refusing access to medical professionals charged with carrying out the Judge's order ? Will LE be forced to intervene by physically removing friends and family from Jahi's bedside ?

Based on the Mother's declaration and comments various family have made to the media, they seem to be upset by events that happened in the recovery room and ICU and the way some staff ignored their pleas to help Jahi, i.e., refused to call for a doctor, just handed them a bigger cup to collect all the blood, etc.

Thanks and I am not questioning what you are saying, but I would like a link for that so I can read it myself and see the exact verbiage. That seems incredible to me that it would happen. tia

Yes, but it is for the best. :grouphug:

Keeping her on that vent, to me, would be sadder. :cry:

I hear you. I spent a great deal of my weekend thinking about this and had 'the conversation' with Mr. Chiquito. We are in opposite camps -- I am in the no extreme measures, no ventilators, no machines; he is on the do whatever it takes as long as there is chance for recovery. We didn't argue; but decided to get those advanced directives done soon in early 2014: we are both young people, but would rather be ready to REALLY honor the other's wishes should the proverbial hit the fan.

As the deadline approaches, I am beginning to wonder what the process will look like .... Will family stand guard at her bedside, refusing access to medical professionals charged with carrying out the Judge's order ? Will LE be forced to intervene by physically removing friends and family from Jahi's bedside ?

Good question batchy. As much as I would like for it not to come to this, it might happen just like you typed it. I pray Jahi's family is grown up enough to sit beside her, hold her hand, kiss her forehead and let her body rest. IMHO, doing anything other than that is cruel.

Oh sorry. What is all this malpractice talk about on this thread? ty

I did not say they blamed the surgeon specifically.

In my case, it's just speculation. The complaints about the post-surgery care, etc... I don't know if that falls under "malpractice" or not, though, but it was the first word that came into my head.

I've wondered the same thing since I heard the radio report this morning that Jahi would be removed from life support at 5:00PM (PST). I hope it doesn't get ugly :eek:

Lord have mercy, I hope it doesn't come to that :(

Please don't let it come to that :please:

I think it's impossible to return donations on sites like that. I am not for sure, but I did donate to a cause earlier this month, through the same site, and the person wanted to give back the surplus of donations she had received as she didn't anticipate the amount she got. She had issue figuring out if she could do that, but haven't checked if that had actually transpired.

If Jahi's family cannot refund, I think it would be best to have a nice funeral for Jahi with a considerate headstone.

That's what I would do here. That's how I always envisioned this money playing out.

They can refund:

http://support..com/knowledgebase/articles/100908-how-do-i-issue-a-refund-

I hear you. I spent a great deal of my weekend thinking about this and had 'the conversation' with Mr. Chiquito. We are in opposite camps -- I am in the no extreme measures, no ventilators, no machines; he is on the do whatever it takes as long as there is chance for recovery. We didn't argue; but decided to get those advanced directives done soon in early 2014: we are both young people, but would rather be ready to REALLY honor the other's wishes should the proverbial hit the fan.

I can't remember which member posted the links to Advance Care Directives, but whoever it was, THANK YOU. It's really something that my family hasn't thought about, but rest assured, we will be discussing it soon. Hubby and I aren't even fifty yet, but you just never know - as evidenced by this very sad, tragic case :(

I can't remember which member posted the links to Advance Care Directives, but whoever it was, THANK YOU. It's really something that my family hasn't thought about, but rest assured, we will be discussing it soon. Hubby and I aren't even fifty yet, but you just never know - as evidenced by this very sad, tragic case :(

iirc, atthelake ?

Cute photos of Jahi:

jahi-mcmath_1388231685845_1717412_ver1.0_320_240.jpg
link
Jahi-jpg.jpg
link
mcmath-2.jpg
link

I too am praying that the family behaves with decency and respect to honour Jahi if/when the machine is turns off (IMO they will wait unt the last minute to try to file some sort of new petition so it will be delayed again).

I really hope not. So many people are involved, even their own children still living and WILL live with this memory of this all for the rest of their lives.

I really hope they allow some dignity in this. I am sure the other children are so afraid of death now; it's entire unfair, scary, heartbreaking process, but can be done graciously and under a strength of God.

This is all so very upsetting to me, and I hope that there is some strength in the hospital that doesn't allow the children to witness any of what you have said, because unfortunately that is how I see this afternoon playing out.

:grouphug:

Harmony2, thank you for posting those beautiful pictures of Jahi. She was a lovely, lovely girl and her smile could melt anyone's heart.

From all the years of fundraising we did for various things, I seem to remember it is illegal to change stated purpose for funds unless all donations before change were refunded. I am sure one of legal experts can weigh in and clarify if that is correct / incorrect.

My darling husband used to joke with me about that. He would say even if doctors said there was only a one in a trillion chance to survive, at least there is a chance.

That all got real last month. He had some episodes that resulted in him having carotid artery surgery. We both did advance directives, and wills. It was a very scary time for us. I'm not even 50, and he is early 50's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500