FBI Probes David Copperfield's Vegas Warehouse

"Stars" do this all the time and usually get away with it because the WOMEN want a tryst as much as the "star" does. It's been a few years but the "groupies" behavior hasn't changed since "my day"in the mid-late 70's. What HAS changed is the aftermath - used to be the girls got "bragging" rights and a step up the groupie ladder. I guess now what they get is a lawyer who'll work on contingency.

DC didn't FORCE this woman to fly 6 hours to meet him in a Carrribean paradise by gunpoint. I think it's rather ridiculous for a 21 year old aspiring model/actress to be so "naive" that she didn't know what the "trip" to the Bahamas was for. And I am having major doubts about a "rape" - I think what we have is a "regret" and an attempt to make some money since it didn't enhance her career. Woman SCORNED comes to mind - maybe DC promised things AFTER the tryst he couldn't... or wouldn't deliver???

My doubts center on the late "report" of what she says happened....MONTHS later. We have the report of this "hand selection" of prospects going on at EVERY SHOW! Where are the other women who were also "raped" and not just on the island? Surely if DC is a serial rapist he doesn't "wait" to take each woman to the island and there are dozens MORE - in every city he has been to. There is "one in every town" who got dinner and drinks (if they were lucky) - this woman got a VACATION.

I think DC is a serial "heel" and more than a little self absorbed with a hugely inflated ego and perhaps some off-stage "performance" issues. He uses his celebrity to pick-up young, pretty women - yeah, like every "star" (minor and major), male AND female hasn't done the same - and yes, they DO get jaded after a time - the attention is flattering and intoxicating.

I am the 1st person to come to the aid and defense of a woman raped - but I am loathe to support women who USE the rape accusation to get even with men who treat them badly. Being DUMPED after consensual sex is NOT RAPE. Being dissed by a man is NOT RAPE. Being considered a one night/week stand by a man is NOT RAPE. And it doesn't matter if the accused is DC, Elvis, A Prince, A Quarterback or the hot guy running the Hot-Dog Stand. Funny how the hot guy running the Hot-Dog Stand isn't the focus of many such investigations even though HE might romance and dump new conquest every week. His dump-ees just move on and chalk it up to a fling - not much incentive for a lawsuit there.

We'll see - real victims who have the courage to go after their rapist don't care WHO the guy is or how much money he has. Rich, poor, nice or not, they go after them for JUSTICE and to stop them from making ANOTHER WOMAN a victim. If this woman goes all the way with this I will be interested to see what comes to light in the investigation and whether she goes to trial with it. If she really was a victim I will support her but nothing so far is overwhelming in convincing me that she is.

My Opinion

This type of thing is as old as Hollywood. Maybe he made promises about helping her career that he didn't follow through on. But if all this happened in the Bahamas, why are charges being filed here?

"Stars" do this all the time and usually get away with it because the WOMEN want a tryst as much as the "star" does. It's been a few years but the "groupies" behavior hasn't changed since "my day"in the mid-late 70's. What HAS changed is the aftermath - used to be the girls got "bragging" rights and a step up the groupie ladder. I guess now what they get is a lawyer who'll work on contingency.

DC didn't FORCE this woman to fly 6 hours to meet him in a Carrribean paradise by gunpoint. I think it's rather ridiculous for a 21 year old aspiring model/actress to be so "naive" that she didn't know what the "trip" to the Bahamas was for. And I am having major doubts about a "rape" - I think what we have is a "regret" and an attempt to make some money since it didn't enhance her career. Woman SCORNED comes to mind - maybe DC promised things AFTER the tryst he couldn't... or wouldn't deliver???

My doubts center on the late "report" of what she says happened....MONTHS later. We have the report of this "hand selection" of prospects going on at EVERY SHOW! Where are the other women who were also "raped" and not just on the island? Surely if DC is a serial rapist he doesn't "wait" to take each woman to the island and there are dozens MORE - in every city he has been to. There is "one in every town" who got dinner and drinks (if they were lucky) - this woman got a VACATION.

I think DC is a serial "heel" and more than a little self absorbed with a hugely inflated ego and perhaps some off-stage "performance" issues. He uses his celebrity to pick-up young, pretty women - yeah, like every "star" (minor and major), male AND female hasn't done the same - and yes, they DO get jaded after a time - the attention is flattering and intoxicating.

I am the 1st person to come to the aid and defense of a woman raped - but I am loathe to support women who USE the rape accusation to get even with men who treat them badly. Being DUMPED after consensual sex is NOT RAPE. Being dissed by a man is NOT RAPE. Being considered a one night/week stand by a man is NOT RAPE. And it doesn't matter if the accused is DC, Elvis, A Prince, A Quarterback or the hot guy running the Hot-Dog Stand. Funny how the hot guy running the Hot-Dog Stand isn't the focus of many such investigations even though HE might romance and dump new conquest every week. His dump-ees just move on and chalk it up to a fling - not much incentive for a lawsuit there.

We'll see - real victims who have the courage to go after their rapist don't care WHO the guy is or how much money he has. Rich, poor, nice or not, they go after them for JUSTICE and to stop them from making ANOTHER WOMAN a victim. If this woman goes all the way with this I will be interested to see what comes to light in the investigation and whether she goes to trial with it. If she really was a victim I will support her but nothing so far is overwhelming in convincing me that she is.

My Opinion

I have to agree with you flowerchild!!! Very nicely written.

Every rock band that ever toured does the exact same thing - lead singer will pick out who he likes in the crowd and security will slap them with a backstage pass. Seen it happen many, many, many times.

Remember the comedian Gary Shandling?(ugly as sin?) One time he was the opening act for Joan Rivers and my friend was approached by security and asked if she would like to have dinner with him after the show.
When I was 15,I was with my older sister and another friend outside a hotel trying to get a look at Tom Jones coming in or out. I was approached by somebody and asked if i would like to meet Mr. Jones,stupidly,(looking back now the guy could have been an axe murderer) the 3 of us said yes. We were taken up to a room and there he was in the flesh,Tom Jones. He found out how old my friend and I were and politly tried to get rid of us,and hit on my sister. She wasn't interested,but he was a complete gentleman and let us sit in his room for a couple hours asking him questions. He gave us free tickets to his show.
My point is,this goes on everywhere. These guys are on the road,how else do they pick up women? Unless your 15, what do you think they want from you?

My Opinion

As you said, we'll see. I think if she takes a quick settlement, you can figure she's either after his money or she got her feelings hurt.

(snipped) We were taken up to a room and there he was in the flesh,Tom Jones. He found out how old my friend and I were and politly tried to get rid of us,and hit on my sister. She wasn't interested,but he was a complete gentleman and let us sit in his room for a couple hours asking him questions. He gave us free tickets to his show.

Just how much "in the flesh" was there? :D

Just how much "in the flesh" was there? :D

I totally forgot I posted on this thread. LOL,he had a red velour robe on and thats it(I think). He sat with his legs togehter so I couldn't get a good look!!!
I know there were always rumors he stuffed something in his tight pants at concerts,but who knows!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back