FBI will dedicate up to six agents to help investigate the Kyron Horman disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not heard the Interview, but if they are "in the process of building an airtight case"...then reason dictates...there is one person who is the focus.

I don't see how one can have only suspicions, or no evidence, or multiple suspects...if the process "for building an airtight case" is underway.

Someone, just ONE someone... is sitting in the middle of that box as all the hot air is getting squeezed out.

Exactly. And ironically, by buying the best lawyer in Oregon, Terri is ensuring that MSCO is going to build the most airtight case they can against her. They don't want to leave a single hole for Mr. Houze to poke through. If I were Terri, I'd be nervous, very nervous about now. They are still focusing on her, and they are going to make sure to put as many nails in her coffin as they can. It gives me more faith that they aren't rushing just to arrest her, and then have to let her go because Houze is able to produce enough reasonable doubt. Good for them. I am willing to wait and be patient if it means this woman goes to jail for the rest of her life.

Exactly. And ironically, by buying the best lawyer in Oregon, Terri is ensuring that MSCO is going to build the most airtight case they can against her. They don't want to leave a single hole for Mr. Houze to poke through. If I were Terri, I'd be nervous, very nervous about now. They are still focusing on her, and they are going to make sure to put as many nails in her coffin as they can. It gives me more faith that they aren't rushing just to arrest her, and then have to let her go because Houze is able to produce enough reasonable doubt. Good for them. I am willing to wait and be patient if it means this woman goes to jail for the rest of her life.

Thanks button wasn't enough.. I think you have summed it up accurately.

Unfortunately for us, we are just going to have to wait, and trust. I have the trust. The waiting is irritating.

Well it would be nice to think they had already ruled out the sex offenders and yet they keep mentioning them. So my level of optimism is not high. And I totally see why Desiree decided she needed to act.

Well it would be nice to think they had already ruled out the sex offenders and yet they keep mentioning them. So my level of optimism is not high. And I totally see why Desiree decided she needed to act.

I think they mention them to signal to Houze that they know they must cover all their bases.

They are not getting on the stand and having him ask,

"Did you investigate the possibility this was a known sex offender?'

and having to smack their foreheads and say, "Gosh darn! We never thought of that!"

or

"Well, a couple...but we didn't make a big effort."

I think they are signaling...

"Houze, we know your style. So we have interviewed every person at the school, identified every car and truck...and we are ALL over the cell phone situation. We have read your clients emails, her texts, her sexts, analyzed her phones...the way she says she feels about a little boy who loved her. We have combed that house, gone to her hangouts...read her Facebook...traced her IP...heard the stories of her lifestyle from those who knew her...wrung everything out of the Landscaper..and her sexting Pal......invaded every bit of her life as we can.

And we continue to watch, listen, talk to those that interact with her now.

We are anticipating the games that might free a child murderess.

"We are building an air tight case" and she can stew in her own juice till the day we are ready and come for her.

I think they mention them to signal to Houze that they know they must cover all their bases.

They are not getting on the stand and having him ask,

"Did you investigate the possibility this was a known sex offender?'

and having to smack their foreheads and say, "Gosh darn! We never thought of that!"

or

"Well, a couple...but we didn't make a big effort."

I think they are signaling...

"Houze, we know your style. So we have interviewed every person at the school, identified every car and truck...and we are ALL over the cell phone situation. We have read your clients emails, her texts, her sexts, analyzed her phones...the way she says she feels about a little boy who loved her. We have combed that house, gone to her hangouts...read her Facebook...traced her IP...heard the stories of her lifestyle from those who knew her...wrung everything out of the Landscaper..and her sexting Pal......invaded every bit of her life as we can.

And we continue to watch, listen, talk to those that interact with her now.

We are anticipating the games that might free a child murderess.

"We are building an air tight case" and she can stew in her own juice till the day we are ready and come for her.

I would certainly hope they would be doing all of this no matter what attorney they could potentially face and no matter who their possible suspect is. They would be negligent if they did not.

Well, they are telling us they are. That's why they mentioned the sex offenders. We have every reason for optimism!

New story, just up: Multnomah County commissioners surprised by added FBI agents

Basically a recap of the meeting today (IE not much).

"Two Multnomah County commissioners this morning said they were surprised to learn through The Oregonian of the added involvement by the FBI in the ongoing criminal investigation into missing Kyron Horman.

"As a mother, I can only imagine the horror this family is feeling at this point," Commissioner Loretta Smith said. "But as a commissioner – and this is directed to the DA's office – are we on the right track?"

"The short answer is yes," responded Rod Underhill, a chief deputy district attorney, who addressed the county board today with Sheriff Dan Staton. "

My heart breaks for Desiree in all of this. Waiting for searches to take place, waiting for someone to be charged. I just hope she does not have to wait forever.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/02/fbi_will_dedicate_up_to_six_ag.html

“Agents from the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit based in Quantico, Virginia, came to Portland when Kyron first was reported missing, and two returned to spend several days with the Kyron Horman investigative team in late January and early this month.”

Idle speculation here … Now that we know BAU agents “looked in” on the case a couple of times recently and earlier reports said Staton asked DY and KH to coordinate public appearances with MSCO … is it possible DY’s trip to Roseburg was at the direction of BAU? DY says, “we know she cares about what people think about her,” and that the R-burg trip was a way to use that knowledge to put pressure on TH.

Not sure if BAU works that way or not.

Anything is possible in this case, as far as Desiree possibly working with LE, but I would be surprised. To me, I felt as though Desiree was speaking out on her own, with frustration at learning that nothing would be forthcoming this week and needing to make TH feel pressure from her, if not directly from LE at this point.

I still don't understand the 54 cars for all of these people...
OR how LE could not have been able to reach anyone by now :(

Thank Goodness! I was wondering what I was missing:waitasec:

I guessing they also talking about the kids that came on buses:waitasec:

Snipped from the article:

Investigators have identified more than 490 people who were at the school June 4, as well as the 54 vehicles parked on the campus that day, Staton said. To do that, they had to examine photographs taken at the school during the science fair, sometimes checking the license plates of cars appearing in the background.

"The actual account of everyone and everything that was on that campus that day, we now know," he said.

Okay, this tells me that it has to be at least one of these 490 people. The article also go on to say that there were some that haven't been reached yet. If they have been able to verify the alibis of the ones that they have reached, then it is one of the ones that they have not been able to reach.

Why would you not want to cooperate? These particular people have had almost 9 months to come forward. Why would you wait for LE to track you down? Hmmmmm.

I don't discount pure and simple ignorance.

Don't forget that every couple years, some media organisation conducts a poll of people on the street and discovers an amazing percentage who do not know who is president, vice president or governor of their own state.

I'm so fascinated with politics that it is hard for me to really understand people who are not. But what I think goes on is that their lives are already full, they have their own interests, so they just tune out information that is not directly relevant to their lives, such as the name of the president. There are probably people who can't believe that I haven't followed my local university football, basketball or wrestling programs in years. I haven't the faintest idea of whether they are having winning seasons or not. And all three are teams that win bowl games and tournaments!

Also, if I had ever been treated unfairly by the police or knew someone close to me who had been treated unfairly and knew that I had no evidence to contribute, I might be tempted to avoid police contact thinking that it would make no real difference and not realising it might.

Re: Not wanting to contact police; there is a difference between not wanting to make contact with LE and not responding if LE tries to make contact with you. I'd like to know which is the case with the people they have not been able to "reach."

I’m probably being a butt. Often am. However, this is a KATU story posted on June 5th. I know Staton has made numerous statements about “bringing” the FBI to the party early in the investigation. Hopefully, the reporter who wrote this meant “was” … however, the operative verb here is “has.”

“FBI also has asked …”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/95691389.html

PORTLAND, Ore. – The National Guard is now assisting in the search for a second grader from Portland's Skyline Elementary School who went missing Friday.

That's according to a press conference held Saturday by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. The FBI also has asked to participate in the search, although as of Saturday – according to spokesman and Multnomah Captain Jason Gates – it had yet to do so.

THINKING OUT LOUD HERE.....MAYBE IT WAS THE FBI THAT SUGGESTED DESIREE GO OUT IN TH HOMETOWN WITH FLIERS OF KYRON...TO SEE IF THEY COULD GET TH TO SLIP UP...MAYBE THE FBI TEAM HAS BEEN ON TH SINCE BEFORE RELEASING TO THE MEDIA AND PUBLIC THAT THEY ARE NOW INVOLVED......TO WATCH HER PATTERNS AND ACQUAINTANCES.GAIN MORE INFORMATION ON HER WITHOUT HER BEING AWARE...

PLAUSIBLE OR TOO MANY EPISODES OF "CRIMINAL MINDS"? LOL:waitasec:

THINKING OUT LOUD HERE.....MAYBE IT WAS THE FBI THAT SUGGESTED DESIREE GO OUT IN TH HOMETOWN WITH FLIERS OF KYRON...TO SEE IF THEY COULD GET TH TO SLIP UP...MAYBE THE FBI TEAM HAS BEEN ON TH SINCE BEFORE RELEASING TO THE MEDIA AND PUBLIC THAT THEY ARE NOW INVOLVED......TO WATCH HER PATTERNS AND ACQUAINTANCES.GAIN MORE INFORMATION ON HER WITHOUT HER BEING AWARE...

PLAUSIBLE OR TOO MANY EPISODES OF "CRIMINAL MINDS"? LOL:waitasec:

Someone suggested this earlier...anything is possible. I just feel Desiree's quest is very personal and based on emotions, partly because she knew what was, or wasn't, going to happen today. I don't know if the FBI would put her in a position where something could go wrong-what if TH had opened the door and Desiree was injured, for example? Or if someone injures TH because of the added publicity?

someone suggested this earlier...anything is possible. I just feel desiree's quest is very personal and based on emotions, partly because she knew what was, or wasn't, going to happen today. I don't know if the fbi would put her in a position where something could go wrong-what if th had opened the door and desiree was injured, for example? Or if someone injures th because of the added publicity?

i get the safety factor....however dy was never alone. Being an ex-wife ofa leo, i could totally defend myself in any given situation being taught by professionals, and im sure her husband has given her a few self defense lessons......besides the rage im sure she has toward that woman, th wouldnt stand a chance...imo

as far as someone injuring th because of added publicity....i just dont see that happening.....if anyone has hurt th, its herself...by creating this nightmare she now calls her life...by cheating kyron out of the rest of his life and of her daughter from ever having a sane biological egg donor....by cheating desiree and kaine from their beautiful son for the rest of their lives.....

But like i said earlier..could just be too many episodes of criminal minds......

Reading the OregonLive article for today, it says that the FBI has been working with profiles. This is the first I've heard of profiles.

I wonder whether this means the FBI is more open than local LE to other suspects besides Terri. If you are convinced that a specific person is the wrongdoer, how many resources do you invest in building profiles?

I think the FBI cell phone expert is interesting too, in light of the news that recent searches have involved hunting for disposable phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500