Fencesitters & Not Guilty Post Here - THREAD NO. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kool-

I noticed you started a new thread stating you didn't know if the McCanns searched or not, but on this thread you say that you know they didn't search. Were you able to find a link to something that says they didn't search? Just curious how you came about that info because I have been looking and can't find it. My searching skills leave a lot to be desired, LOL, so could post your link?

The problem with trying to find out if the McCanns did any searching themselves is with the word "search." It has so many applications to this case that you can't just put "McCanns search" into Google without getting every page that references the search for Madeleine in general and also pages about search engines, search for the truth, and searching McCann ancestry.

Kool-

I noticed you started a new thread stating you didn't know if the McCanns searched or not, but on this thread you say that you know they didn't search. Were you able to find a link to something that says they didn't search? Just curious how you came about that info because I have been looking and can't find it. My searching skills leave a lot to be desired, LOL, so could post your link?

Let me explain what I mean by search. I know the Mccanns walked up and down the street adjacent to their apartment for the first two or so hours, according to all the reports and what I've read here.

What I mean by a search, the kind we're accustomed to here. Searches that are organized, command center, tracker dogs, volunteers, police, all terrain vehicles, grids being done. Every stone un-turned.

Knocking on doors for information. That kinds of searching. A real whole hearted search. Riding up and down every street in portugal asking have you seen maddy, like I would be doing today.

The problem with trying to find out if the McCanns did any searching themselves is with the word "search." It has so many applications to this case that you can't just put "McCanns search" into Google without getting every page that references the search for Madeleine in general and also pages about search engines, search for the truth, and searching McCann ancestry.

No, not when you use quotations in your search criteria. When you simply google the words McCanns and Search, then all of the above that you write does come up. When you use quotations, like this: "McCann Search", then your results will be only websites that have that exact term in it, with the word McCann directly in front of the word Search.

Still, it brings up alot, but I still wasn't able to find something that all the McCanns did was go up the street and back for an hour or two.

Let me explain what I mean by search. I know the Mccanns walked up and down the street adjacent to their apartment for the first two or so hours, according to all the reports and what I've read here.

What I mean by a search, the kind we're accustomed to here. Searches that are organized, command center, tracker dogs, volunteers, police, all terrain vehicles, grids being done. Every stone un-turned.

Knocking on doors for information. That kinds of searching. A real whole hearted search. Riding up and down every street in portugal asking have you seen maddy, like I would be doing today.

Well, I guess that was what my question pertained to--you said they haven't searched, so I was wondering where you came across that info? I haven't found anything that says that.

No, not when you use quotations in your search criteria. When you simply google the words McCanns and Search, then all of the above that you write does come up. When you use quotations, like this: "McCann Search", then your results will be only websites that have that exact term in it, with the word McCann directly in front of the word Search.

Still, it brings up alot, but I still wasn't able to find something that all the McCanns did was go up the street and back for an hour or two.

Maybe you should go read some or all of the threads around here. That's what I've been reading. It was reported after Kate returned to the apartment, ran back to the "BAR", she ran in and out of the apartment, looking for maddy. Up and down the street at the apartment.

I also believe I read here that after the police left, her and gerry walked the streets for two hours looking for her. I also replied to your post to me in trying to explain search.

I don't qualify anything I've read or heard to date a search in my opinion for a child that can't just walk out of a bad or dangerous situation and return back home to mommy and daddy.

Still, you get every page about "Madeleine McCann search efforts, ". . . search continues," ". . . search is called off," etc. I'm going to go see if I can find anything with phrases like "initial search," "private search efforts," and the like.

Well, I guess that was what my question pertained to--you said they haven't searched, so I was wondering where you came across that info? I haven't found anything that says that.

Exactly, I haven't found anything saying anything about searches, foot to land, foot to pavement searches myself. Hand to door, mouth to phone, hand under rock, tracker dogs over land.

Here are some newspaper links from early in Madeleine's disappearance.

From 5/4 (the day after) http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/leicestershire/6623127.stm

Sniffer dogs have been brought in to help search for a three-year-old from Britain who may have been abducted on holiday with her family in Portugal.

Officers sealed off the area of the apartment for forensic checks and extra police teams were brought in from Lisbon.

"It's still questionable as to whether it's abduction," he said.

From 5/5 http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2073270,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=1

Police at first launched a missing person hunt, but revealed today that it was now a kidnapping investigation.

In defense of the PJ, I have to say that it was the McCanns themselves who insisted that Madeleine had been kidnapped. They were positive of it, and early on it became the major focus of the investigation. Maybe if the parents had let the police handle the disappearance themselves, a more in-depth local ground search would've been made. But it soon turned into all about sightings of her at gas stations, etc.

From 5/6 http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270294,00.html

About 150 investigators have been deployed in Portugal and are liaising with British police and Interpol.

Hundreds of holidaymakers, British expatriates and local residents yesterday joined the hunt for Madeleine, which included local campsites.

The article doesn't mention the parents helping in the search so we don't know if they did or not but again the focus was on an out-of-area kidnapping. If the McCanns were positive she'd been abducted, why would they bother to search for her around Praia da Luz. They made several appeals to the kidnapper and went to mass.

From 5/10 http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6637469.stm

On Tuesday, Portuguese officers said they had quizzed 100 people and searched 500 apartments.

Portuguese police have also rejected local media claims that more effort has been put in than would have been made for a Portuguese child.

From 5/11 (8 days later) http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6645341.stm

The official ground search for Madeleine in the Algarve has ended, but police say they still have significant leads to follow up.

The focus is shifting from being a local search for Madeleine to an international child abduction inquiry.

On Thursday Portuguese police said ground searches, which have covered nearly 80 square miles, were being scaled back as the results had been "zero".

Also this one: http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article2530766.ece

Portuguese police have declared that they are calling off their search for Madeleine McCann in a vast area around the Algarve village where she disappeared because their efforts have come to nothing.

At a press conference last night, Chief Inspector Olegarion Sousa said that " all the places that have been checked, the results are zero" across a 200 sq km area centred on Praia da Luz * and that the inquiry would now change tack.

I know in the US, official ground searches go on much longer than a week. And there is no mention on what kind of ground seach was done. I do know they knocked on doors in Praia da Luz and checked out some of the empty holiday apartments around the resort as well as searching the harbor and beach and the hills outside of town. At this point the police were more focused on tips about strangers being seen around the resort and Madeleine possibly taken out of the area than local hunts for her.

This is a news link from May 26 that talks about the search for Madeleine. http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=265331

The family is concentrating on its internet and media campaigns to publicise her disappearance across Europe. They are also hopeful about the outcome of an investigation jointly led by Portuguese and British authorities.

I don't think the McCanns physically searched for her beyond the first night.

In other words, these parents have never searched for maddy? if you want to call the first hour a search, so be it. How very very sad indeed. Wow, how do you get by with that? How has this flew over everyone's head? I don't get it folks.

Bless you Calikid for the information. That's sort of what I was looking for. I'm so disappointed, maddy really hasn't been looked for. Geez.

In defense of the PJ, I have to say that it was the McCanns themselves who insisted that Madeleine had been kidnapped. They were positive of it, and early on it became the major focus of the investigation. Maybe if the parents had let the police handle the disappearance themselves, a more in-depth local ground search would've been made. But early on, it turned into all about sightings of her at gas stations, etc.

I posted (over in the wrong thread -- the one about the McCann's new ad campaign) a couple of links showing that there was in fact a widespread ground search for Madeleine before May 10. Not sure, also, how the McCann's were controlling the Portuguese police at any time. How would that work?

In other words, these parents have never searched for maddy? if you want to call the first hour a search, so be it. How very very sad indeed. Wow, how do you get by with that? How has this flew over everyone's head? I don't get it folks.

Bless you Calikid for the information. That's sort of what I was looking for. I'm so disappointed, maddy really hasn't been looked for. Geez.

I think there was a search as I wrote above. Maybe the McCanns didn't think they needed to mount another one. Big question, though: To what extent, if any, did they participate in the early official searches? I agree that if they didn't help, it looks very very suspicious.

I didn't say the McCanns were controlling the police. I said from the very first minute they would accept no option except that Madeleine had been kidnapped. It was impossible that she'd wandered out of the apartment on her own. They shoved it down the PJ's throat.

I didn't say the McCanns were controlling the police. I said from the very first minute they would accept no option except that Madeleine had been kidnapped. It was impossible that she'd wandered out of the apartment on her own. They shoved it down the PJ's throat.

I can believe that the local cops might allow that to happen possibly, but the ones from Lisbon? I don't see how the McCanns could shove a theory down their throats or be in control of what options the police had.

Steadfast and cali, I wanted to thank you for looking up all the articles you have in trying to help me or should I say comfort me about searches. I can say though, I'm still not at ease about it.

They should still be looking for maddy. the money is there to help. Why aren't they? It just doesn't sit within my spirit as being a true kidnapping then. I'm sorry.

I hold the parents responsible for seeing everything is done within a persons ability to hunt for her. She hasn't just went poof, and de-sintegrated? Unless there's something to the pet ovens, but if there was any truth to that, surely police would have already ruled this in as possible truth and evidence.

There's no way this should slip through the cracks. Unless the Mccanns weren't the actual people that carried the two black bags to the man at the pet incinerators. You could feel a body, versus a dog or animals couldn't you. Could he have been paid alot of money? Or could someone have watched this business and entered during a time no one was around?

I don't know. Not enough answers. Nothing. Maddy hasn't just went poof. No way. Somebody, and more than just one person, knows something.

Steadfast and cali, I wanted to thank you for looking up all the articles you have in trying to help me or should I say comfort me about searches. I can say though, I'm still not at ease about it.

They should still be looking for maddy. the money is there to help. Why aren't they?
It just doesn't sit within my spirit as being a true kidnapping then. I'm sorry.

I hold the parents responsible for seeing everything is done within a persons ability to hunt for her. She hasn't just went poof, and de-sintegrated? Unless there's something to the pet ovens, but if there was any truth to that, surely police would have already ruled this in as possible truth and evidence.

There's no way this should slip through the cracks. Unless the Mccanns weren't the actual people that carried the two black bags to the man at the pet incinerators. You could feel a body, versus a dog or animals couldn't you. Could he have been paid alot of money? Or could someone have watched this business and entered during a time no one was around?

I don't know. Not enough answers. Nothing. Maddy hasn't just went poof. No way. Somebody, and more than just one person, knows something.

I completey agree with the bolded parts (well, and some other parts, too!) I'm trying to find exactly what it was the McCanns were doing in those early days.

Pet ovens?? How would they know where to find a pet oven? Especially a pet oven whose owner would burn plastic bags full of remains, no questions asked. I mean, it's not like they could find it in the Portuguese Yellow Pages.

I live in San Diego and participated in the searches for Danielle. Brenda, Damon or other close family were always there when I was.

I completey agree with the bolded parts (well, and some other parts, too!) I'm trying to find exactly what it was the McCanns were doing in those early days.

That's what eats away at me. We have seen alot of these searches, what the family goes through and how they react all in our comfortable living rooms. Their behavior is way off.

Pet ovens?? How would they know where to find a pet oven? Especially a pet oven whose owner would burn plastic bags full of remains, no questions asked. I mean, it's not like they could find it in the Portuguese Yellow Pages.

Agreed. It was brought up in a thread somewhere on here today.

I live in San Diego and participated in the searches for Danielle. The Brenda, Damon or other close family were alaws there when I was.

That's another one of my points exactly.

More importantly, how do you know if the pet oven owner is telling the truth?

In future, should you truly need a pet oven , ask your vet. They know where they are.

Shrinky

I can believe that the local cops might allow that to happen possibly, but the ones from Lisbon? I don't see how the McCanns could shove a theory down their throats or be in control of what options the police had.

And that's one of the things that made the PJ suspicious about the McCanns. The fact that they wouldn't accept she'd wandered out of the apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500