Fencesitters & Not Guilty Post Here - THREAD NO. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in San Diego and participated in the searches for Danielle. The Brenda, Damon or other close family were alaws there when I was.

I might also add that the Van Dams opened up their lives to close scrutiny, including smoking pot and partner swapping. They allowed themselves to be polygraphed and cleared themselves through their cooperation with LE.

I just deleted a few posts because the bickering back and forth about links needs to stop!

If you want to research, research, if you don't trust the poster and their source, ignore them. Half of the links in this case so far have been unreliable anyway.

Stop the bickering!

Opposite opinions are welcome! Everyone's view is welcome!

The bickering is NOT welcome!

I might also add that the Van Dams opened up their lives to close scrutiny, including smoking pot and partner swapping. They allowed themselves to be polygraphed and cleared themselves through their cooperation with LE.

I lived in San Diego at the time, too. Many people suspected the Van Damms because of their lifestyle choices. People even thought they acted guilty -- tense and worried. It took a lot to shake that impression out of many people's minds.

And that's one of the things that made the PJ suspicious about the McCanns. The fact that they wouldn't accept she'd wandered out of the apartment.

Okay, then, here's some speculation for you. Do you suppose they may have tied her to the bed to keep her from wandering around? But say they didn't tie her to the bed, say they killed her -- why would they not just go along with the idea that she had wandered away? How would making up a kidnapping help them?

Okay, then, here's some speculation for you. Do you suppose they may have tied her to the bed to keep her from wandering around? But say they didn't tie her to the bed, say they killed her -- why would they not just go along with the idea that she had wandered away? How would making up a kidnapping help them?

It could garner sympathy and would bolster the victim image that would be important to convincing people.

It could garner sympathy and would bolster the victim image that would be important to convincing people.

I don't know. It would seem pretty tragic either way to me. In fact, I would have thought wandering away would have made a better cover story -- no pesky suspects or crime scenes to be scrutinized. Just an overwhelming mystery. I mean, they couldn't have known right at the first that the police would be incompetent and not secure the room. BTW, I have been searching and searching to find out what it was that the McCanns were doing with their time besides publicly praying and making media appeals and setting up funds. I can't find anything saying that they were actually out looking for her. I think I remember reading somewhere that they walked around looking for her every night, but of course I can't find that when I need it. Still it's not the same as helping the official searchers and volunteer searchers in some way. Handing out bottles of water if nothing else. What about their tapas friends? Did they volunteer as searchers?

I don't know. It would seem pretty tragic either way to me. In fact, I would have thought wandering away would have made a better cover story -- no pesky suspects or crime scenes to be scrutinized. Just an overwhelming mystery. I mean, they couldn't have known right at the first that the police would be incompetent and not secure the room. BTW, I have been searching and searching to find out what it was that the McCanns were doing with their time besides publicly praying and making media appeals and setting up funds. I can't find anything saying that they were actually out looking for her. I think I remember reading somewhere that they walked around looking for her every night, but of course I can't find that when I need it. Still it's not the same as helping the official searchers and volunteer searchers in some way. Handing out bottles of water if nothing else. What about their tapas friends? Did they volunteer as searchers?
This is what has hit me like a mack truck about two days ago steadfast. All of a sudden, it's like a bright shining flag waving look look, here's some proof. Proof is in the behavior. It's just really not making sense why the mccans and their family, friends haven't done a thorough search. They haven't to the best of my knowledge. I don't understand how this has flew over everyones radar hinky meters.

There was nothing in any media reports about the Tapas 9 searching. If they did, they did not receive any of the media coverage that the McCanns did. In fact, they seemed to drop off the radar completely.

It wouldn't have been illegal for them to walk around calling Maddie's name, since the McCanns did it, clearly, at 4 a.m, or reportedly did?

Good point.

The Tapas 9 is a big mystery in every way to me.

We are not sure what the McCanns did or didn't do. I just wonder if they were told by the police that they were not allowed to help in the search - secrecy laws. I'm not even sure if they had any volunteers looking. Has that ever been stated - I can't remember.
Remember we are not talking about the laws of our own country or what is acceptable in our own country - but it seems too me Portugaul has some strange laws, like it being illegal to hire your own PI - so for some of this it might just be that what they wanted to do they couldn't as it was deemed illegal.
I need to comment on the money that was collected, it was being offered as a reward for Maddies safe return 1.2 million pounds - so no I don't think they ere collecting the money for themselves.

I don't know if they had something to do with this or not - but until all the facts are in I'm not willing to cast judgement.
Also has it been determined where they are getting the DNA match from Maddie. I'n not sure how they can determine if it is Maddie DNA. I have three small kids and I'm not sure if I could hand something over to have it matched 100% to any of my kids.

We are not sure what the McCanns did or didn't do. I just wonder if they were told by the police that they were not allowed to help in the search - secrecy laws. I'm not even sure if they had any volunteers looking. Has that ever been stated - I can't remember.
Remember we are not talking about the laws of our own country or what is acceptable in our own country - but it seems too me Portugaul has some strange laws, like it being illegal to hire your own PI - so for some of this it might just be that what they wanted to do they couldn't as it was deemed illegal.
I need to comment on the money that was collected, it was being offered as a reward for Maddies safe return 1.2 million pounds - so no I don't think they ere collecting the money for themselves.

I don't know if they had something to do with this or not - but until all the facts are in I'm not willing to cast judgement.
Also has it been determined where they are getting the DNA match from Maddie. I'n not sure how they can determine if it is Maddie DNA. I have three small kids and I'm not sure if I could hand something over to have it matched 100% to any of my kids.

There are two funds. One was collected from individual donors and is completely now in the control of the people appointed by the McCanns to oversee it--like a trust. The people overseeing the disbursement of those funds are guardians or administrators, basically, they can approve any expenditure they find appropriate. It is not a charity and not subject to any laws regulating charities, it is a private trust per se.

The reward fund, on the other fund, is more along the lines of funds pledged. The donors toward that have offered the money if and when Madeleine is returned safely. The money until then remains in in the control of the individual pledgers/givers.

Any match to Madeleine's DNA would be from samples given by the parents themselves--toothbrushes, hairbrushes, etc. Even baby teeth saved from teh tooth fairy can and have been used. That is standard procedure. Any sample of biological material would be tested and then compared to the DNA profile already resulting from Madeleine's sample.

It's like a fingerprint sample, only chemically based.

All we ever heard about the friends searching was the ambiguous "they" on the night Madeleine went missing. The McCanns were up until at least 4:30 a.m.

I live in San Diego and participated in the searches for Danielle. Brenda, Damon or other close family were always there when I was.

I lived in San Diego at the time, too. Many people suspected the Van Damms because of their lifestyle choices. People even thought they acted guilty -- tense and worried. It took a lot to shake that impression out of many people's minds.

OT, but where did or do you live?

I'm in Vista.

I've been reading on this case mostly on ctv and from what I have seen reported the initial search involved Gerry and other members of the group while Kate stayed with the twins. That was an all nighter till the police called off the search. As for other occasions I have seen photographs where Gerry was in the area giving out posters, going into shops having them displayed as well as talking to people on the street. At some point they did get experts on missing person cases in to advise them. I have seen Gerry say that publicly many times. We know from other cases we've followed that saturating the media with her story is a priority and I believe that is exactly what they were told to do and followed that path in the best effort they knew how to try and find their daughter.

Funny thing to me people saying they are jetsetting all over Europe etc. Consider the differences there and here. We have a state to state seperation in government and then federal law that will also partake in kidnappings that take place here and our states will work in conjuction with each other to solve a case. In Madeleine's case they have a bunch of countries involved where there were sightings as well as suggestions that she was taken to another country. Spain was one, a ferry to Morrocco from Portugal in a hour an half and so on. Logically speaking who should be in charge front and center to run that kind of campaign? I can't think of anyone better than the parents myself.

City scientist dismisses Maddie drugs claim

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ed...?id=1487562007

A CITY forensic scientist has dismissed reports that Portuguese police in the Madeleine McCann case could have found evidence of sedatives in strands of hair.

Asked if there was any way of telling from a sample if a person had died from taking the drug, he said: "No I don't think so. The effect of the drug is much quicker than its metabolism into the hair."
And when asked if it is possible to tell whether a hair sample has come from a living person, he said: "I am not aware of any way that you could tell that, so, in my opinion, it would be nonsensical to say that you can tell that."
progress.gif

From strands of hair what can be detected would be a history of use, bodily fluids, on the other, would certainly be able to trace amounts in the system at time of death.

Madeleine McCann Cop Quits Case: disgusted at the way parents treated......he's not the only one.....so am I.

Don't know if its true.....but he has gone.
You can't know if it is true because the article itself condradicts the story you want to beleive.

I can understand people feeling they have been treated unfairly. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

What I can't understand is how you pick and choose what you believe and accuse those who believe differenly of doing just that unjustly :waitasec:

That's why I said I don't know if its true. Let the reader make up their own mind. I try not to mislead other posters.
As of now we don't have any "facts'...and until its proved differently I will continue to consider them innocent until proven guilty.

Mr. and Mrs. Mc Cann have been named official suspects. I know that it does NOT make them guilty in the eyes of the law but let's not pretend there is not a possibility that they are involved in Maddie's disappearance, otherwise they would be "clean" and they have been named as official suspects which means, there are THINGS that make the police believe they are involved. Let's not forget that. That's why we are here to unveil and discover what are some of those things that make the Mc Canns involved in the disappearance of their daughter and find out what happened to little Madeleine.

As of now we don't have any "facts'...and until its proved differently I will continue to consider them innocent until proven guilty.

I respectfully disagree w/this statement.

I believe there is 1 known fact, the McCanns left their very young children unattended for a period of time, on more than one occasion, which contributed to whatever happened to Maddie. They are guilty of that. They are guilty of getting this whole ball rolling, whether they are resposbile for her death, if she is dead, I can't say, but there is most certianly one proven fact and it makes them NOT innocent IMO. (still swaying on the fence about the rest of it, back and forth, to and fro, until we know what the real evidence is)

Adding to what Christine said, another FACT is that they were made official suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500