Fingerprints and gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know about you but did you think duct tape could retain prints as long as they have....along with everything else?????:waitasec:

Zoey: Duct the all purpose tool Laffin :crazy:can retain prints for a long time. We have got to remember the body was sealed in a garbage bage so it was away from the water. Also IIRC the statment said the duct tape was still on the face not laying loose in the bag.

The night the remains were discovered, one of the talking heads made a point of saying that you can't handle duct tape with gloves on; it sticks to the gloves.

Don't know whether he's right or wrong, but that it what he said.

It would be very hard to handle duct tape with latex gloves on. It's not so hard to handle duct tape with cloth gloves. I recently wrapped some outdoor plants with plastic and secured that with duct tape to protect them from a freeze. I wore cloth garden gloves and had no trouble at all.

IMO, casey was used to getting away with anything she wanted.

she didn't want Caylee, so she got "rid" of her.

she never expected her to be found, so why would she need to cover her tracks in the evidentiary sense?

i think we have overestimated her this whole time. she wanted out.. plain and simple. this was not a heavily thought-out and well prepared crime like we thought. this is VERY obvious by how she disposed of Caylee.

While Casey most likely has a pretty high IQ, her way of doing things is scattered. She signed her own name to stolen checks. Her Zenaida story has to be the worst alibi and defense ever. She left her car with its smelly uncleaned trunk unattended for 3 days.

I don't think gloves fit her way of doing things. But, maybe. Although even if she DID remember gloves she was too careless not to have left a slew of other incriminating things.

The night the remains were discovered, one of the talking heads made a point of saying that you can't handle duct tape with gloves on; it sticks to the gloves.

Don't know whether he's right or wrong, but that it what he said.

He was probably referring to rubber or latex gloves. You can use it while wearing gardening (cloth) gloves. I've done it. Had to use my teeth to tear it though.

I don't know if you can duct tape a wiggly toddler's face shut while, while wearing gloves. I would think the tape would stick to the gloves.

I did an experiment... put on latex gloves (like @ the drs office) and got a roll of duct tape... guess what??? it tore a hole in the finger of the glove and my print would have been on that tape.. or at least a partial...

Now dishwashing gloves are thicker.... I should try that to see...

IMO, casey was used to getting away with anything she wanted.

she didn't want Caylee, so she got "rid" of her.

she never expected her to be found, so why would she need to cover her tracks in the evidentiary sense?

i think we have overestimated her this whole time. she wanted out.. plain and simple. this was not a heavily thought-out and well prepared crime like we thought. this is VERY obvious by how she disposed of Caylee.

But there had to be a slight "what if I get caught" in her. :waitasec:

I can't tell you why, just a gut feeling I have, I believe she didn't wear gloves. It goes along with my theory of what happened, but better not go off topic here and share it..LOL

Tease!

I did an experiment... put on latex gloves (like @ the drs office) and got a roll of duct tape... guess what??? it tore a hole in the finger of the glove and my print would have been on that tape.. or at least a partial...

He was probably referring to rubber or latex gloves. You can use it while wearing gardening (cloth) gloves. I've done it. Had to use my teeth to tear it though.

I was going to suggest garden gloves.

I can't get near gloves. They drive me crazy.

Do you think she might have had the foresight to wrap tape around her fingers?

Nah.

I don't know if you can duct tape a wiggly toddler's face shut while, while wearing gloves. I would think the tape would stick to the gloves.
This is how they are going to prove that Caylee was alive when the duct tape was put on her little face. Anyone who has ever tried to give medicine to a child would know how they put up a fight. imo

But there had to be a slight "what if I get caught" in her. :waitasec:

casey probably thought everyone was going to believe her stupid zanny story. she grew up with her parents and friends believing every lie she told.... she thought she was a "pro."

I don't think Casey would wear thin medical gloves because the duct tape would stick to the gloves and maybe even take a small peice off of the fingertip of the glove. I do not think Casey would wear thick, long rubber gloves as is used for cleaning or dishwashing. Garden gloves would be slippery on the plastic garbage bag and could possibly get wet. I am just talking about in handling the garbage bag Calee was in and pulling off the duct tape.

Casey may have used Cindy's garden gloves with a sprayer, tho.

Ha! I posted before I read your post! I was in the middle of reading the first page. I posted about the medical gloves and heavy rubber gloves.

The diswashing and cleaning heavy rubber gloves would be too clumsy, IMO.

One of the reason why I wonder about the gloves is because Casey is STILL sticking to her Zanny story. I would think she would break down and make a plea of some sort. :waitasec: Then again, maybe she feels she has nothing to lose now.. She knows she touched the duct tape and they will have her fingerprints to pin her to this.. She can no longer lie, well, ok, she will still lie, after all it's Casey.. :behindbar

I don't think she wore gloves. It wouldn't make sense that she'd be worried about leaving fingerprints on the duct tape yet leave items with the body that lead directly back to her. She didn't think the body would be found, probably didn't even think anyone would look for it. She has got to be the most stupid murderer on the face of the planet, especially considering that she had a month to cover her tracks and come up with a reasonable story.

Ha! I posted before I read your post! I was in the middle of reading the first page. I posted about the medical gloves and heavy rubber gloves.

The diswashing and cleaning heavy rubber gloves would be too clumsy, IMO.

too funny... IF her prints are on that duct tape she had best start entertaing a plea deal... don't you think?????

I don't think she wore gloves. It wouldn't make sense that she'd be worried about leaving fingerprints on the duct tape yet leave items with the body that lead directly back to her. She didn't think the body would be found, probably didn't even think anyone would look for it. She has got to be the most stupid murderer on the face of the planet, especially considering that she had a month to cover her tracks and come up with a reasonable story.

Hi Chilly :blowkiss: she could explain the items that were with the body, she could easily say the "nanny" had them but you can't explain the fingerprints ...

Hi Chilly :blowkiss: she could explain the items that were with the body, she could easily say the "nanny" had them but you can't explain the fingerprints ...

Hi PD. I suppose it depends on what the items are. Was Caylee wrapped in a sheet, towel, pillowcase from the Anthony home when Zanny kidnapped her from the park? Did Zanny have the exact same trash bags from the exact same lot as the A's? The same duct tape? I don't think it ever occurred to Casey to worry about fingerprints, she had no fear of being caught.

Hi PD. I suppose it depends on what the items are. Was Caylee wrapped in a sheet, towel, pillowcase from the Anthony home when Zanny kidnapped her from the park? Did Zanny have the exact same trash bags from the exact same lot as the A's? The same duct tape? I don't think it ever occurred to Casey to worry about fingerprints, she had no fear of being caught.

LOL, no but don't you remember that Zanny had a key to the A's house.. lol and somehow she broke in and took those things... :crazy: :crazy:

I'll bet George had plenty of work type gloves around. You can buy packs of them at the store. Prints might be on the tape, but even if they aren't, it will be likely that something else will show up on the sticky side of the tape. Dog hair, Casey's hair, fibers from the carpet, etc. shouldn't be on the tape any more than fingerprints.

I don't think it ever occurred to Casey to worry about fingerprints, she had no fear of being caught.

ITA. She thought she could easily play the grieving mother and nobody would question her. After all, she's been lying for years and getting away with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname