FL 17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose those who approve of this stand your ground law, might be the ones' who are standing up for GZ...approve of his actions, I certainly don't.

<respectfully snipped>

Interestingly enough, the gun owners and those who support the SYG law that I've heard are largely in support of GZ being arrested and a full investigation being done. GZ makes gun owners and supporters of the law look like murdering idiots who shouldn't be trusted with a butter knife, and they don't like it.

The conservative talk show host in my town is furious that GZ hasn't been arrested and that this is bringing negative attention the SYG law - a law that even GZ's lawyers don't think applies here.

Did TM's family & Attorney not expect for people to eventually find out about his past?
and now they cry "foul".

There is no big conspiracy going on.

No, they cry foul because it has NOTHING to do with his murder.

And rightfully so as that should be obvious.

JMHO

No, this is not his actual brother, but TM's father's girlfriend's son.

"Speaking for the first time since his baby brother, 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, was gunned down in cold-blood by neighborhood watch captain, George Zimmerman,28, Jahvaris Fulton spoke exclusively with CBS Miami, saying that he still can’t wrap his brain around the murder of his brother on the night of February 26"

He says he and Trayvon went to NY a couple of years ago, just the three of them, with their mom.

I'm a little confused now. Can you give me a link that states he's not related to Trayvon?

George Zimmerman May Face Hate Crime Charge for Florida Killing
Published March 25, 2012
Fox News Latino

The Justice Department may bring a hate crime charge against the man who shot and killed black teenager Trayvon Martin if more evidence surfaces indicating the shooter action's were motivated by racial bias, legal experts and former prosecutors say.

So far, only one such clue has surfaced publicly against 28-year-old George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who fatally shot the 17-year-old Martin on Feb. 26 in the central Florida town of Sanford. On one of his 911 calls to police that night, Zimmerman muttered something under his breath that some listeners say sounds like a racial slur. Zimmerman's father is white, and his mother is Hispanic.

"It sounds pretty obvious to me," said Donald Tibbs, a Drexel University law professor who has closely studied race, civil rights and criminal procedure. "If that was a racial epithet that preceded the attack on Trayvon Martin, we definitely have a hate crime."

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/po...ime-charge-for-florida-kililng/#ixzz1qhgLBfnQ

Excuse me? This is Trayvon's half-brother. Did you not notice his last name? FULTON - JAHVARIS FULTON. Trayon's mother is SYBRINA FULTON.

At least he isn't out lying about what his brother did or didn't do unlike another brother that we've seen in the last couple of days. You know, barely conscious, trying to lift his head off the concrete so he wouldn't end up in diapers and being spoon fed.

~jmo~

Correct, his father's girlfriend's son is younger than Trayvon.

JMHO

Well. he hasn't been arrested yet has he? Apparently many people think TM attacked GZ first.

What does that have to do with you suggesting that his GF encouraged him to "go after" GZ? The SPD hasn't even bothered to contact her for her version of events, so their decision not to arrest GZ has nothing to do with her. My post had nothing to do with GZ and him not being arrested.

His past had diddily squat to do with what happened this fateful night?

Do you think GZ knew this child had been suspended?

Even if TM was starting to exhibit behavior problems, like most teens who go through different stages, his father had no time to correct him..it still doesn't give anyone a right to murder in cold blood..

It's amazing that someone can have a loaded weapon and tell the police he was in fear of his life. Trayvon had no weapon...how does this start to even be a balanced encounter? Fist to guns? Is that a fair balance?

I suppose those who approve of this stand your ground law, might be the ones' who are standing up for GZ...approve of his actions, I certainly don't. I don't see how a 29 y/o can be fearful of one teen walking home. Had it been a pack of teens, then he might be onto something...but not one lone person. His actions do not equal up for me..dude has a propensity for violence. Trayvon has never been arrested so what happened in school has nothing to do with this fateful encounter...:banghead:
TM embraced the culture (as evidenced by his twitter accounts), was on a suspension for drugs at school, suspected past theft, vandalism, had a twitter account with a lot of hate. What exactly does NO LIMITS N##### mean to you? Instead of being respectful guest in a gated neighborhood in which he did not reside, he IMO showed attitude and got into a fight with a resident, beat this resident and the resident had every right to shoot him. No, GZ didnt just shoot him, TM swung the first punch and started making GZ fear for his life. Like the law or hate the law, GZ had every right to shoot him.

Maybe because 15 year old lie, not saying she is lying about this.

nobody knows if she is or is not lying about anything.

Well then, it would be very adult of everyone here to refrain from speculating not only that she has lied but what her possible motives for lying might be, especially when none of us has enough information to have the foggiest clue. It's extremely ugly.

leanaí;7742239 said:
I for one do not believe a word the girlfriend says.

Does anyone know when she found out Martin was killed? If she heard all she says she did she sure wasn't concerned enough to make sure he was alright.

I am with you on this one.NO way do I believe every word GF says.
Because If I was the girl friend and my love just met up with someone following him and the phone got disconnected? WOW! I'd be calling everyone including 911 they can trace where TM was with a ping.

TM saved his father’s life when he was 7 years old... NO WAY would I believe that a 17 year old girl would not have been alarmed and need to do something if all that happened NO WAY.
IMHO - somebody is helping her remember how it all went down.

And adults don't lie? May I refer you to the entire Casey Anthony case for exhibit A.

BBM...exactly true. So we should give her the benefit of the doubt until and unless it is proven otherwise. We KNOW that GZ and/or Sanford PD lied about at least part of this story already.

BBM

I could point to numerous cases on this forum where witnesses/family members give accounts that benefit the story of the accused/suspected and they absolutely do not get the benefit of the doubt.

Why is this instance different?

No, this is not his actual brother, but TM's father's girlfriend's son.

This is NOT the thirteen year old son of the girlfriend....it is an OLDER brother. He is gentle, articulate, and a commendable young man. Much like Trayvon would have been if he had been given a chance to live.

jmo

"Speaking for the first time since his baby brother, 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, was gunned down in cold-blood by neighborhood watch captain, George Zimmerman,28, Jahvaris Fulton spoke exclusively with CBS Miami, saying that he still can’t wrap his brain around the murder of his brother on the night of February 26"

He says he and Trayvon went to NY a couple of years ago, just the three of them, with their mom.

I'm a little confused now. Can you give me a link that states he's not related to Trayvon?

I thought we were referring to the father's girlfriends son who wanted the skittles. Too many parts to this family, gets confusing.

BBM

I could point to numerous cases on this forum where witnesses/family members give accounts that benefit the story of the accused/suspected and they absolutely do not get the benefit of the doubt.

Trayvon is not the accused/suspected. He is dead, he is the victim.

She's a 15 y/o! Has she ever been involved in something like this? How frightening for her, isnt' it? That she's talking to him one minute and the next minute she's dead? I can't blame her for not trying to find out if Trayvon was okay..I can't blame her at all..she's doing the right thing now by stepping up...

If the police had Trayvon's phone, did they go through it to see who the last person was he spoke with? Especially so close to the time he was murdered? Did they seek her out?

They had his phone and they didn't seek ANYONE out. They made no attempt to contact his next of kin. They let him lay in the morgue as a 'John Doe'. Despicable. IMO

Did TM's family & Attorney not expect for people to eventually find out about his past?
and now they cry "foul".

There is no big conspiracy going on.

Botched police job at the very least.

And again his past seems to have nothing to do with the night he was murdered. The focus is blaming him and his past-although he had no weapon and, as far as we currently know, nothing on him to say he was doing criminal activity.

The mods have posted before that TM is a victim....therefore picking apart the victim's past and speaking as if this was deserved because of it (not necessarily you but i have heard many people offline) would be pretty maddening to me too if this were my child. They know he had trouble, but they also feel it didn't justify his being shot and are hoping people can see that.

BBM

They do not get the benefit of the doubt when it is TOTALLY obvious that they are lying, have a history of lying, or have motive to lie. (See various Petersons, Anthonys, and Powells for examples)

We know nothing about this girl's history (and shouldn't be sleuthing her), nothing she says is an obvious lie, and I can't even begin to imagine what her motive would be. Even in a wrongful death suit she wouldn't benefit.

Trayvon is not the accused/suspected. He is dead, he is the victim.

So in other words, if a story benefits the victim, it's to be given the benefit of the doubt but not when it benefits a perp?

The parents denied their son’s link to a Twitter account, in which he purportedly tweeted about smoking marijuana and made derogatory comments about women.

“It’s an account that there’s tweets even after he is dead,” Crump said. “It’s not his account.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...rayvon-martin-article-1.1051848#ixzz1qhhKQ4Xl

It's extremely unlikely this is not TM's account unless someone starting impersonating him months before he was killed. We've already been through this. Read past threads. It is his account. Sorry!

They do not get the benefit of the doubt when it is TOTALLY obvious that they are lying, have a history of lying, or have motive to lie. (See various Petersons, Anthonys, and Powells for examples)

We know nothing about this girl's history (and shouldn't be sleuthing her), nothing she says is an obvious lie, and I can't even begin to imagine what her motive would be. Even in a wrongful death suit she wouldn't benefit.

It a lot of cases it is not totally obvious. Sometimes it's simply a neighbor or a potential eyewitness with no ties to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500