FL 17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minors do not always tell the truth.
So we must still keep that in the forefront of our thinking.
Because misinformation no matter the age is still misinformation.
IF anyone followed my BF and the phone goes dead, after I know
someone is following him :what:
I would not be going about my life.

We do not know what happened other than she has been under a doctor's care. Any speculation is sleuthing and not permitted because she is a minor. Lying is a negative trait shared by all age groups and more so with adults. Where do you think kids learn their behavior? There is no reason to think she has lied and no reason for us to go "inventing" any. jmo

Are you sure? It doesn't appear that anyone else is positive so I'm wondering how you are.

http://news.yahoo.com/second-trayvon-martin-twitter-feed-identified-065904742.html

So, they're going by a google search. Seriously? Do you know what a google search of my name pulls up? Lots of stuff that has nothing to do with me. Especially now that there is a recording artist (not well known, but trying on social media) with my name.

And again, GZ knew NOTHING of this even if it were true. He saw a black kid walking/possibly running in a neighborhood. That's it. Last time I checked, that was not illegal.

I'm a dog breeder if you go by a google search. Got the Best in Show...

NO the poster does not have to prove this at all
THE INVESTIGATION has to prove it.
Everything we say is only what our personal assessment is
based on the information we already have.

Respectfully....the poster you replied to asked them to PROVIDE links, not to prove anything. Maybe that word was misread somehow??

jmo

I am sorry for your brother's incident. However, if what the gf said is true, why did she not reach out to anyone that night? Are you telling me that she overheard a deadly confrontation, heard the phone get dropped and go silent and then couldn't reach her bf at all that night and didn't do anything about it? IMO she encouraged TM to go after GZ and then the altercation occurred. She did not reach out to anyone because she didn't want TM to get in trouble with the police for harming GZ. I haven't seen anything that points to that TM did not attack GZ. He's not been arrested because eyewitnesses at the scene saw TM on top. So, no, I don't see that it is so clear cut. This isn't some giant conspiracy. moo

BBM

I find this entire post :what: but the bolded IMO is just way, way out there...

I'm curious what you thought of what GZ's brother has said about the events that transpired. Is he somehow more believable to you than Trayvon's girlfriend?

<<<<<<snipped>>>>>>>>>

Q: Who is investigating?
A: Sanford Police have turned over their evidence to local prosecutors for them to decide whether Zimmerman should be charged. The prosecutors have convened a grand jury for April 10. The Justice Department and FBI have opened a civil rights investigation.

Q: Why didn't police arrest Zimmerman?
A: Zimmerman claims self-defense, and Florida is among 21 states with a "Stand Your Ground Law," which gives people wide latitude to use deadly force rather than retreat during a fight. The Florida law lets police on the scene decide whether they believe the self-defense claim. In many cases, the officers make an arrest and leave it to the courts to work out whether the deadly force is justified. In this case, however, police have said they are confident they did the right thing by not charging Zimmerman.

Q: What could the charges be?
A: If Zimmerman is charged, he could most likely face second-degree murder or manslaughter charges at the state level. If convicted of the second-degree murder charge, he could potentially face up to life in prison because a gun was used.

Federal prosecutors could charge Zimmerman with a hate crime if they think there is evidence he was motivated by racial bias. That charge can carry the death penalty in the most severe instances, or up to life in prison.
Federal prosecutors could also accuse Zimmerman of using his official authority to violate Martin's rights - known as a "color of law" case - but they would have to prove that Zimmerman was acting in some official capacity, similar to a police officer or government official. Zimmerman was a volunteer neighborhood watchman.

Q: What is George Zimmerman's racial and ethnic background?
A: Police described Zimmerman as "white" in their incident report. Zimmerman's family has said that he is Hispanic.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/23/3509042/questions-answers-about-neighborhood.html#storylink=cpy

GZ has every reason to worry. If the authorites can determine that a racial slur was stated, he's got huge problems...in two areas..

Don't know that it matters, according to his father, he's White, Peruvian and Amerindian African...

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-769057

IMHO it is that LAW "Stand Your Ground Law," that needs to be reevaluated.
It should not be that there is no investigation regardless to the situation.
:moo:

You are so right "attitude" does not mean you should be shot :nono:

But those with attitude do not only have it on the social Media,
and naming your Twitter site "NO LIMITS" is by all means a statement
a statement of someone’s state of being. Sorry if you don’t like my assessment
but from all I have seen and read GZ pegged TM right.
I still do not think he should have carried a gun but the state of Florida allows
their citizens to carry.
:(

GZ had him pegged as a black kid and he was basically right about that. The rest, not so much.
TM was walking down the street back from the corner shop carrying iced tea. - GZ called the police to report a situation that he thought required police involvement. I'd say he got it entirely wrong.

The state of Florida allows black kids to walk down the street without police surveillance.

Minors
IF anyone followed my BF and the phone goes dead, after I know
someone is following him :what:
I would not be going about my life.

Well you're an adult with quick access to a car. She's 15, no license, and possibly no access to a car to get there. Is there a person she could beg and plead to drive her down there? Lets say there is. Are they willing to drive her to a situation where is a gun and risking her getting shot too, since they don't know the situation? Good grief!

You are so right "attitude" does not mean you should be shot :nono:

But those with attitude do not only have it on the social Media,
and naming your Twitter site "NO LIMITS" is by all means a statement
a statement of someone’s state of being. Sorry if you don’t like my assessment
but from all I have seen and read GZ pegged TM right.
I still do not think he should have carried a gun but the state of Florida allows
their citizens to carry.
:(

Put it in perspective......TM was told at a training center for pilots that they don't have any black pilots (assuming this person meant at the training center at that time) and TM said he wanted to be the first. He wanted to be a pilot. Now "No Limits" could have been referring to his ambitions and not necessarily in regards to what he was posting. When you don't know a person it's easy to jump to wrong conclusions. TM has no criminal background, no fights, no arrests, nothing......he was just a kid, who acted like a kid wanting to become an adult soon and go off to college. jmo

So what does it say?

A lot of teenagers have an attitude on social media and elsewhere. Doesn't make it right to shoot them.[/QUOTE

What exactly does "NO LIMIT N&&&&& mean to you? Please let me know! Thx.

That means to me his future was supposed to have no limits.Fly with the angels Trayvon.
l.jpg

I am sorry for your brother's incident. However, if what the gf said is true, why did she not reach out to anyone that night? Are you telling me that she overheard a deadly confrontation, heard the phone get dropped and go silent and then couldn't reach her bf at all that night and didn't do anything about it? IMO she encouraged TM to go after GZ and then the altercation occurred. She did not reach out to anyone because she didn't want TM to get in trouble with the police for harming GZ. I haven't seen anything that points to that TM did not attack GZ. He's not been arrested because eyewitnesses at the scene saw TM on top. So, no, I don't see that it is so clear cut. This isn't some giant conspiracy. moo

This is just an opinion.
I read the transcript...
her language / choice of words made my hair stand up.
that means a certain caliber.
NO I dont believe one word she says.
Except that she was on the phone with TM.

leanaí;7742429 said:
He says "****ing punks". How anyone can hear other wise is beyond me.

The only reason anyone cares about this case is because they think it was a racial attack. If Martin was killed by another black man, as so many young black males are every day, no one would give a damn.

BBM

Er, no. The reason so many of us "give a damn" is not just because we believe TM was a victim of racial profiling.

It's also because the SA dismissed this case, as if it wasn't worth pursuing because it was just some unidentified black kid. More important to uphold the "Stand Your Ground" statute than seek the truth about what really happened that night.

FWIW the CNN link witht the audio snippet earlier, they were saying that TM would have had no duty to answer GZ's questions respectfully or otherwise, he was not authorized to question him and even if he had been LE you can refuse to answer even LE questioning.

I thought we were referring to the father's girlfriends son who wanted the skittles. Too many parts to this family, gets confusing.

Wow! Really? I hope you don't mean this as a derogatory comment.

Most familiess are blended these days with divorce and re-marriage being so common. Lots of half and step siblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant