FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could find the media outlet that postd all of the phone calls made during this incident unedited. During one of the calls, not sure if it was the first one, Zimmerman gave his phone number (it was not edited out) and addresses. The dispatcher wanted Zimmerman to meet law enforcement by some mailboxes. At first Zimmerman said okay, but then changed his mind and said just have the officer call me when he arrives and I will meet him, to me meaning that he wasn't going to wait by the mailboxes as requested and was going to follow Treyvon.

Saw this 911 call Youtube, I believe it is the one you are referring too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL72w4xiTVU&feature=youtu.be

I just checked my FB page as I posted a link to the petition this am. One of my friends commented on my page that GZ worked for him for 3 years and was a nice guy, would help anybody out, not a racist, keep an open mind, yadda yadda.

I wasn't sure how to respond. How should one respond when someone defends a murderer?

I just checked my FB page as I posted a link to the petition this am. One of my friends commented on my page that GZ worked for him for 3 years and was a nice guy, would help anybody out, not a racist, keep an open mind, yadda yadda.

I wasn't sure how to respond. How should one respond when someone defends a murderer?

Don't respond! Ask questions!! Ask him where he worked? Ask him if he knew Zimmerman outside of work? Ask him what he knows about his famlily? Be a websleuth!!

Zimmerman called police at 7:09 according to JVM...hth with someone's timeline...

It sounds like an innocent child is dead because a "nice guy" just did not follow the directions of LE. jmo

Could someone repost the map link....I can't seem to find it anywhere

THANKS!

Don't respond! Ask questions!! Ask him where he worked? Ask him if he knew Zimmerman outside of work? Ask him what he knows about his famlily? Be a websleuth!!

LULZ Lola!

I made a polite response but got no response back. I'll see if I can get a conversation started but it may be tomorrow. I've gotta cook dinner and spray some febreeze around before Mr.wm gets home and hogs the computer. :D

wm

I don't know who is watching, but this Rally for Trayvon is really touching! It's not angry, but passionate! It's not hateful, but kind! They have the same questions we all have and want the same thing we all want!

I am very happy that so many of the speakers have said that they have encountered so many people, of so many races, standing by their side!

Photo of home designs....Re: "porches"

http://www.407re.com/RetreatatTwinLakes

The backs of these have overhanging balconies which look like a more likely place to dodge the rain for a second.....can't find a good picture of these yet....

Also a great tour of the whole neighborhood here.....hard for anyone who "patrolled" to not know what street they would be on...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVGeFAvzqyA"]For Rent: 1110 Long Oak Way Retreat at Twin Lakes - YouTube[/ame]

Could someone repost the map link....I can't seem to find it anywhere

THANKS!

Here you go, Rae...

68790513.jpg

Source: Orlando Sentinel
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-gfx-trayvon-martin-sanford-shooting-20120313,0,5710580.graphic

Link to Google map of area

He was so close to being home.

Yes...if the map is correct for its red dots....the house in the video appears to connect by back yards to the one Trayvon was trying to get home to.....it appears that he had gotten onto the walkway that does go between the condos through the back yard areas and was just a few houses down from being home.

I would simply thank them for their input. I am sure there are always people who say good and some who say bad. Don't let it shake you.

The live vigil is VERY interesting to me...

big thanks to whoever posted the link!!!

ETA: They are calling for Police Chief Bill Lee to be fired by 26 March, or they will refuse all police services...

Thanks for that video, Raeann. It brings home just how small this neighborhood is... I wish they'd gone past the clubhouse and taken Twin Trees around the lake to get to Long Oak instead. From GZ's "non-emergency" call, he seems to have left his truck somewhere near the mailboxes that are on the east side of the clubhouse, then tracked Tray up the section of Twin Trees where it runs east-west to dogleg around the lake. (If you zoom in on the Google map you can see the mailbox shed on the east side of the clubhouse.)

ITA Daisy - but if you listen on the 911 call, GZ clearly states the name of a street - early on, in the beginning. He knew the street names - you bet on that. No way am I going to believe he got out of his truck to see the street sign.

JMHO

GZ had to know the street names - there are THREE street names in that development - Twin Trees Lane, Retreat View Circle, and Long Oak Way!

The initial police call was to 1231 Twin Trees Lane - according to Google Maps that address is pretty much in the center of one of the units that have 5 townhomes per unit. Trayvon was behind that townhome.

On the Google map aerial view you can see a sidewalk running between the backyards of the townhomes. I would bet Trayvon, worried about being followed by GZ in the SUV, took the sidewalk between the townhomes to get away from the nut in the SUV.

I can't find the map from the Orlando Sentinel of the locations where Trayvon's father was staying and where the body was found, but my memory is that if Trayvon had continued down that sidewalk, he would have come out nearly across the street from where his father was staying. If I were being followed by some weirdo in a vehicle, I would have taken that sidewalk - even if the nut saw me when I reached the road, it would be a really short distance to safety.

Does anyone know where GZ's SUV was parked at the point when LE arrived? That would be important to know. If GZ had driven to the other end of that block, then gotten out to track Trayvon on foot, he would have been close to that "back entrance" he seemed to be fixated on in his other 911 calls.

I don't know who is watching, but this Rally for Trayvon is really touching! It's not angry, but passionate! It's not hateful, but kind! They have the same questions we all have and want the same thing we all want!

I am very happy that so many of the speakers have said that they have encountered so many people, of so many races, standing by their side!

I agree Lola. The citizens of Sanford are not going to stop until Chief Lee is fired. I'm afraid this case has opened up a whole can of worms.

I have posted in the Lawyers thread on the KC forum asking for help on explaining the Stand Your Ground law. Mr. Hornsby was visiting, so maybe we will get lucky and he will come give us a good explanation of it. Being from Orlando, he would be the perfect one to explain it. I would like to hear from a local attorney how they think it will fit with this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname