FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Lola. The citizens of Sanford are not going to stop until Chief Lee is fired. I'm afraid this case has opened up a whole can of worms.

They are asking the residents to call the Seminole County Sheriff's Office and not the Sanford Police for any of their needs. When they call 911, the need to request to have the call put through to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office and not Sanford Police. They want to boycott the entire Sanford Police Department... not LE as a whole!

Bill Lee should have resigned weeks ago any way!

It sounds like from the sanford PD been doing a lot of things towards the citizens

That's what's interesting to me! The residents coming forward with their stories. We all knew it was a problem when they didn't arrest the Sanford Police officers kid for punching the black homeless man unconcious.

Sad!

Copying/pasting my transcription of GZ's call from Thread #1 (post 535).

Bumping transcription of GZ call. Link below will take you to this call.

Please note--in re-listening, I realized I missed the first seconds of GZ's call where he does mention the break-ins in the neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
GZ 911 call transcript part one. By yours truly, and my aged ears and I welcome and embrace all edits, corrections & improvements.

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/geor...-police/vGZq9/

GZ: This guy looks like he's up to no good, or on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around looking about."

D: This guy, is he white black or hispanic?

GZ: He looks black.

D: Did you see what he was wearing?

GZ: Yeah dark hoodie like a grey hoodie and either jeans or sweatpants and white tennis shoes. He's (unclear) just staring. (crosstalk) at all the houses. And now he's just staring at me.

D: 1111 or one-eleven?

GZ: That's the clubhouse (crosstalk)

D: He's near the clubhouse right now?

GZ: Yeah now he's coming towards me

D: OK

GZ: He's got his hand in his waistband. Yeah he's a black male

D: OK How old would you say he looks?

GZ: He's (unclear) late teens...

D: Late teens, ok

GZ: Mm-hm. Something's wrong with him. Yup. He's coming to check me out. He's got something in his hands. I dunno what his deal is.

D: OK, just lemme know if he does anything else (Crosstalk) we got someone on the way, just let me know if he does anything else (crosstalk) yeah, we got 'em on the way just let me know if he does anything else.

GZ (1:38): OK. (pause) Gah, these *advertiser censored**holes, they always get away. (unclear background noise) When you come to the clubhouse, you come straight in, and make a left. Actually, you go past the clubhouse.

D: OK, so it's on the left-hand side from the clubhouse?

GZ: No you go in (sigh) straight through the entrance, and then you make a left, uh yeah, don't turn and make a left, **** he's runnin'

D: He's running? Which way is he running?

GZ (2:10, sound of door opening/exiting car/seatbelt beeper going off?): Uh, down toward the uh other entrance to the neighborhood.

D: OK. Which entrance is that, that he's heading towards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
GZ 911 call transcript part two.

D: OK, which entrance is that, that he's heading towards?

GZ: The back entrance. (wind interference? begins to sound as if GZ is out of his vehicle IMO)

D: Are you following him?

GZ: Yep.

D (immediate on heels of "yep"): OK, we don't need you to do that.

GZ: OK

(wind)

D: Alright sir, what is your name?

GZ: George. (pause) (unclear--"he ran"?)

D: And George, what is your last name?

GZ: Zimmerman.

D: And George, what's the phone number you're calling from?

GZ: (gives phone number)

D: Alright George, we do have 'em on the way, do you want to meet with the officer when they get out there?

GZ: Yeah.

D: Alright, where are you gonna meet with them at?

GZ: If they... come in through the uh gate, tell them to go straight past the clubhouse and uh... straight past the clubhouse and make a left, and then they go past the mailboxes, they'll see my truck...

(crosstalk)

D: OK, what address are you parked in front of?

GZ: Um, I don't know... it's a cut-through so I don't know the address.

D: OK, do you live in the area?

GZ: Yeah, yeah.

D: What's your apartment number?

GZ: It's a home, it's (gives number of address) oh cr@p I don't wanna give it all out (unclear)

D: Ok do you wanna just meet with them right by the mailboxes then?

GZ: Yeah, that's fine.

D: Alright George I'll let them know they're meeting with you out there then.

GZ: Could you have them, could you have them call me and I'll tell them where I'm at?

D: OK. Yeah, that's no problem.

GZ: You need my number or you got it?

D: Yeah I got it (repeats number).

GZ: Yeah you got it.

D: OK no problem. I'll let 'em know to call you when they're in the area.

GZ: Thanks.

D: You're welcome.

[recording ends]

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/geor...-police/vGZq9/

I don't believe there is a State Law that says a child cannot walk into the store and pay for gas... I believe it is a State Law that they cannot PUMP the gas!

He was so close to being home.

Yes. So sad! Just a few more minutes and he would have been back with his little brother watching tv. Heartbreaking!!!

I don't believe there is a State Law that says a child cannot walk into the store and pay for gas... I believe it is a State Law that they cannot PUMP the gas!

Yeah that didn't sound right to me either. And if the store clerk touched the child, she should have been arrested.

Thanks for that video, Raeann. It brings home just how small this neighborhood is... I wish they'd gone past the clubhouse and taken Twin Trees around the lake to get to Long Oak instead. From GZ's "non-emergency" call, he seems to have left his truck somewhere near the mailboxes that are on the east side of the clubhouse, then tracked Tray up the section of Twin Trees where it runs east-west to dogleg around the lake. (If you zoom in on the Google map you can see the mailbox shed on the east side of the clubhouse.)

Yes.....I was surprised to see that the BACK yard walkways are actually somewhat more of a direct route....going in front of the houses basically means walking right along the street.

The last speaker, the white guy, makes it seem like it's more than just a racial problem. Maybe there are class/status issues with the SPD as well.

WOW, I'm soooo glad the grand jury, FDLE, FBI and Justice Dept. will be involved in the case now! We should finally find out what really happened and get justice for poor Trayvon and his family. And the girlfriend's call with TM, bet that has GZ shaking in his shoes! Watch for his story to change again....Some quotes from link below:

"She absolutely blows Zimmerman's absurd self-defense claim out of the water," Crump said of Martin's girlfriend, whose name was withheld.

Residents attending the town hall meeting cheered and jumped to their feet when local NAACP leader Turner Clayton Jr. suggested that the U.S. Department of Justice shouldn't just review the investigation but it should take over the Sanford Police Department.

The last call was at 7:12 p.m. Police arrived at 7:17 p.m. to find Martin lying face down on the ground.

Zimmerman was handcuffed after police arrived and taken into custody for questioning, but was released by police without being charged. Police have interviewed Zimmerman two times since then.

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=<D9TKEC281@news.ap.org>&ps=1011&page=1

Awwww!! That poor old man!! :floorlaugh: I'm sorry, but I don't blame them for stopping him.

Thanks, someone needed to try and explain that. Just because a person claims that a shooting is in self defense does not make it a fact, not even in Florida. In many and I hope MOST jurisdictions things would have gone very very differently and nobody would be even discussing "Stand your ground"

In normal circumstances when the police roll up on a scene where one person is dead, and the other admits to being the shooter several things happen that simply did not happen here. The police take pictures and document any injuries that the shooter has, they take a statement, they interview neighbors, they collect evidence, the cell phone, they find out about the 911 calls. They have drug and alcohol tests done on both the shooter and the deceased. They look at the totality of the circumstances and turn all the actual evidence they have over to the Prosecutors office.

What they don't do is hear the shooter say it was self defense, and shrug and say OK and send him on his way. They don't NOT ask questions, document evidence, they don't simply NOT bother to try and discover if this was truly self defense....and in this case that will bite them on the butt hard, because there is ample if not an over abundance of actual evidence that shows that this was anything BUT self defense....stand your ground is NOT going to be Zimmermans get out of jail free card because the evidence show quite plainly that he was NOT defending himself.

Just because he says it does not make it so.

Imo there is no question that when the police arrived, GZ lied and decided to use this defense. But, I am getting very concerned as I listen to attorneys and others on local news stations when they talk about this law. I think it is a bad law and can be used by criminals and *unusual* people like GZ.
With one dead and one alive, the living get to tell their side of it, closed case. Thankfully, Trayvon's family persisted. But there may be other cases that no one hears about because no one is arrested.
I hope this law is revised. JMO

Here you go, Rae...

68790513.jpg

Source: Orlando Sentinel
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-gfx-trayvon-martin-sanford-shooting-20120313,0,5710580.graphic

Link to Google map of area

Oh wow! This is the first I've seen of this map. That neighborhood isn't as big as I had imagined.

And look how close Trayvon was to being home :(

I like this woman! She's preaching education, voting, running for office, and really standing up! I like her a lot!

The last speaker, the white guy, makes it seem like it's more than just a racial problem. Maybe there are class/status issues with the SPD as well.

Sounds like it's the Good 'ol Boy network at it's best....If you are in the in crowd you have nothing at all to fear. So your buddy's kid punches a homeless guy and breaks his face...no worries, you don't have to charge him.

I think these guys have been big fish in a small pond for a long time, and are used to doing as they darn well please, who cares about protocol or standard police procedure, they do things their own way, after all who's going to stop them?

At least up till now that is.

GZ's phone number and address are all over twitter...

Will Smith, the actors, dad is THERE!!

ETA: Intersting, he is a Black Panther.

I heard on the radio that justifiable homicides have increased and that there were actually some gang-involved shootings in which the stand your ground law allowed them to claim self-defense and get away with what would have been called murder.

That being said, I have now reviewed the statute and I do believe that Zimmerman can be prosecuted. Section 3 of the law states:
However, if a person is being pursued, and attacks their pursuer if the pursuer is not a LE official, then my interpretation of the law is it would not be a defense to homicide in such a case.

Nevertheless, there are enough pundits criticizing the law to make Jjenny's
concerns quite valid. I think it should be re-written to make it very clear that if you are attacked while pursuing someone, you need to retreat before the law applies.

:seeya: gitana. I always love to hear your explainations, they always make sense to me!

Imo there is no question that when the police arrived, GZ lied and decided to use this defense. But, I am getting very concerned as I listen to attorneys and others on local news stations when they talk about this law. I think it is a bad law and can be used by criminals and *unusual* people like GZ.
With one dead and one alive, the living get to tell their side of it, closed case. Thankfully, Trayvon's family persisted. But there may be other cases that no one hears about because no one is arrested.
I hope this law is revised. JMO

I agree, they need to tighten that thing up considerably...I do not think that having a duty to attempt to retreat, maybe not from your home, but on a public street is not really an onerous burden when you are talking about using deadly force be it gun or knife, and make no mistake about it I am NOT a gun advocate...I just don't think that the vast majority of people should have a gun, since many of them are not psychologically fit to have one, nor trained in the use care and responsibilities of gun ownership, but sadly you have to take more tests, and pay for a license to own a dog, but you can buy a sporting gun anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24