FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, were that the case, he would have mentioned it to his gf while on the phone with her. It's much more likely, IMO, he didn't run home because he wanted to circle behind this man who was following him to confront him as to why he was being follwed.

I think that is very unlikely since he was running away from him per GZ's own words while on the phone with police.

IMO

The witness, who is a school teacher if I am not mistaken, did not use the word coached. She said the officer corrected her when she told him that it was Trayvon screaming. He corrected her and told her it was Zimmerman screaming.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/neighborho...-probe-reveals-questionable/story?id=15907136

Regardless, she doesn't know who was screaming. I am pretty sure which 911 call belongs to this witness and it's pretty obvious she doesn't know which of the two was screaming.

I am not sure what your point is. I, too, have a less than six month old iphone, sometimes I choose to power it off, sometimes the battery dies. In both of those cases missed calls do not show when I turn the phone back on.
I was told by the AT&T salesman, that the phone is never powered off, only the screen is off,and my missed calls do show up, even when I hit the lockscreen button.

IMO, were that the case, he would have mentioned it to his gf while on the phone with her. It's much more likely, IMO, he didn't run home because he wanted to circle behind this man who was following him to confront him as to why he was being follwed.

I had a car follow me once, I was also in my car, and the last place I would ever lead them to was to my house. I drove to the Sheriffs Office. Maybe Tray was looking for an adult? Why would he have to be sneaking up on Zimmerman to confront him?

Don't know if this has been mentioned... Hour special on CNN right now

No, at some point, he allegedly walked to the car, according to his killer, and only according to his killer.

Actually, his killer didn't even say that. He says "he's coming toward me" and "he's coming to check me out."

Oh, I agree. I don't think it's murder, I'm thinking more on the lines of negligent homocide. He was negligent for sure and there was a homocide. Did it have to happen is the question that should be asked and once GZ took pursuit his claim to stand your ground appears baseless and should be dismissed. Apparently more people agree with this than not.

I'm troubled by the fact that he has never made a public statement through his attorney to TM's parents but called a neighbor and left a message of appreciation. The options were GZ's alone and it's clear he just did not choose to follow the right path. jmo

BBM
That I will agree with negligent homocide si about right...this did not have to happen at all .

I think I would be intimidated to come out in the public right this minute.
He has to have his support team.
too many vigilantes in the air.

Early on in this (a couple of weeks ago) I was watching some show where this exact thing was being discussed. Homicide detectives and prosecutors were being critical of it having been a narcotics detective doing in the initial first on scene talking to GZ. They said that (and I do not know how they knew this) the narcotics detective was asking GZ questions and soliciting answers and that is not the way you do a homicide investigation.

They said that a homicide detective is trained to get the various parties and witnesses statements by asking them to "tell their story of what happened" and only asking questions once they are done initially telling their story of events. If you, instead, ask questions, then you are or can lead the witness or participant into the direction you want them to go with their statement. They said narcotics detectives are not trained to handle homicide investigations and they saw this is a huge flaw in the initial on-scene investigation.

How they knew how this all went down, I do not know. I wish I had paid closer attention to who they were and how they were saying they knew this about the on-scene investigation but this was last week when this all starting hitting the proverbial fan and I wasn't paying as close attention to it as I would now. I have a vague recollection that it was from some of the witnesses that they know this is what and how things happened with the initial interviews.

IMO

I think narcotics detective was send to the scene because GZ in his 911 call claimed "suspicious" person looked to be on drugs. GZ's 911 call was before the homicide, so obviously there was no reason to send a homicide detective in response to GZ's 911 call.

Unless one is an overreacting, gun-toting, nosy person trying to justify their "suspicions." It's already overzealous and inappropriate for a "neighborhood watch" person to carry a gun.
jmho, etc.
Very true! I am also the "Neighborhood Watch" person for my block. My only weapon(s)- a Neighborhood Watch sign in my front window and my dog!

Why would he need to circle around? He could have just turned around to confront him. Why do you find that likely?

A guest just mentioned how if his nose was broken and he had a head wound that needed stitches, GZ would be bleeding profusely and it wouldn't have stopped by the time officers got there...

Actually, his killer didn't even say that. He says "he's coming toward me" and "he's coming to check me out."

Which more than likely means that Zimmerman was slowly approaching Trayvon and Trayvon turned around, stopped for a moment, looked at him to see if he knew him, he didn't, so he kept going.

This is the same man who thought a kid with no drugs in his system was high as a kite. He has obvious paranoid issues and should have been tested himself.

I have that impression too. But he did not desrve to die for it.
Many bad moves by all.

I was told by the AT&T salesman, that the phone is never powered off, only the screen is off,and my missed calls do show up, even when I hit the lockscreen button.

Huh, I hard kill mine quite often, usually in an attempt to keep my munchkins from playing on it endlessly and draining the battery. It is definitely off, and I tell everyone to be sure to leave a message because my missed calls don't show up.

Exactly, and given how much else GZ got wrong in his paranoia about Trayvon, GZ saying he's coming towards me and he's coming to check me out may have been no more than Trayvon looking at him for a split second before leaving.

Not really sure why that even matters so much, the point is thatwe know that Trayvon left, he didn't go banging on the car door, he didn't go screaming after GZ.

I think it's human nature when you're in the moment, to momentarily think, oh wait who is this and take a quick look.

JMHO

A guest just mentioned how if his nose was broken and he had a head wound that needed stitches, GZ would be bleeding profusely and it wouldn't have stopped by the time officers got there...

IT IS ON THE POLICE REPORT that his nose was bleeding and so was the back of his head.

Which more than likely means that Zimmerman was slowly approaching Trayvon and Trayvon turned around, stopped for a moment, looked at him to see if he knew him, he didn't, so he kept going.

This is the same man who thought a kid with no drugs in his system was high as a kite. He has obvious paranoid issues and should have been tested himself.

Thank you for (once again) conveying my thoughts better than I did :)
Not saying they're MY thoughts alone, just that I agree and you said it more eloquently, so thanks:)

There is NOTHNG I am about to write that hasn't been written or tossed about for serious debate - I am just putting it all together as, what seems to be, the most popular scenario in a nutshell. ***this is NOT what happened, there are NO known facts in this theory****

Soooo, GZ chases down Trayvon when he hangs up with the dispatcher - he has been right behind him all along, in spite of telling the dispatcher he'd lost Trayvon. He pulls his gun on Trayvon and Trayvon screams loudly several times (people don't normally scream when a gun is pulled on them, just FYI), CZ shoots Trayvon in cold blood.

The kickback from the gun knocks CZ to the ground, first on his face and then on the back of his head. He immediately calls the police, again. When LE arrives, someone CZ knows, he points at Trayvon and says, "I killed him". The cop asks "why", to which CZ answers, "self defense bro", to which the cop says, "kewl", hop in the car and we'll take care of those injuries on your head.

The cop then directs other LE on the scene to forgo taking any evidence and to take Trayvon to the morgue (where he sat without an autopsy ever being done). Cop tells another cop, don't bother to call family members, no biggie and no reason, just go home. When CSI shows up the cop tells them, we don't need you here guys, I know the shooter, friend of mine, we're gonna use SYG law, less paperwork. They give each other a knowing look and leave.

CZ gets to the station, has a cup of coffee, chats it up a bit, and goes home. When a pesky witness shows up to say she saw something suspicious, the cop tells her to go home and think about it some more.

Ridiculous???? YES, even leaving out all the racial inferences -it's still absurd to think even a drunk barney phife didn't do an investigation. Did they make the documents public - obviously not, but I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck, CSI did their thing and a lot of questions were asked.

I've read every document posted on the City of Sanford website and listened to all the recordings posted there.

I've also read the witness interviews with newspapers, some saying that LE tried to alter the content of their statement, others saying that they tried to contact the investigating officers but got no calls back so they could give statements.

From the statements the officers made in the preliminary report posted on the web site, there was no effort to preserve any evidence on Trayvon's body. There was no mention of documenting GZ's injuries or of collecting evidence on his clothing. There is no mention of photographing the crime scene, no mention that a CSI team arrived on site.

Maybe it's a lack of detail in the available reports, but there have been no mentions from any of the witnesses that any extensive investigation occurred in any of the newspaper accounts I have seen.

SPD has a history of not investigating crimes with black victims, so unless someone reports the process or reports are made public, I won't believe they did it in this case.

If you've seen more official reports than have been posted on the Sanford site, please post links - I would love to read them.

If the battery is dead or removed, the phone powers down. It can not stay on without the battery. Incoming phone calls are missed and not logged.

If it is in a bad area or not receiving service for some reason, that is the same as being powered down and again as far as its ability to log incoming calls, incoming phone calls are missed but not logged.

If the phone is in "airplane mode" it is not powered down but it is disconnected from the cell phone service provider. It will not log incoming missed calls. It does not know it received any.

I can't think of any phone that is totally safe from never being powered down. That is just completely impossible.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member