FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT IS ON THE POLICE REPORT that his nose was bleeding and so was the back of his head.

I thought the point was that he wasn't sent for stitches or given stitches on-scene, so he couldn't have been gushing blood...wouldn't interviewing someone while they were bleeding profusely be considered bad practice for LE?

IT IS ON THE POLICE REPORT that his nose was bleeding and so was the back of his head.

I know this. I think she was alluding to the fact that he went to the SPD after being treated and if his injuries were as bad as he claims.. he would have been brought to the hospital.

Huh, I hard kill mine quite often, usually in an attempt to keep my munchkins from playing on it endlessly and draining the battery. It is definitely off, and I tell everyone to be sure to leave a message because my missed calls don't show up.
I just haven't run my battery down to zero yet, but gotten close- the game apps do take up a lot of juice! We got car chargers, as well as home chargers when we got our phones.

I have not read any of the police reports but I have seen posts that the initial police report did not mention any injuries to GZ. However, the supplemental police report does.

Is that the case?

If so, why would that be left off of the initial police report. That doesn't seem like a small detail to me.

IMO

I have not read any of the police reports but I have seen posts that the initial police report did not mention any injuries to GZ. However, the supplemental police report does.

Is that the case?

If so, why would that be left off of the initial police report. That doesn't seem like a small detail to me.

IMO

No, since we only saw one police report so far and it mentions GZ's injuries.

Just because Zimmerman should have been arrested is no reason for a bunch of hate group to rear their ugly heads.
SADLY - I do believe that the likes of an Al Sharpton will spring forth such groups. :(

Do not think so. Situations like the murder of Trayvon and the subsequent processing of such cases by LE and other officials, will spring forth such groups.

I thought the point was that he wasn't sent for stitches or given stitches on-scene, so he couldn't have been gushing blood...wouldn't interviewing someone while they were bleeding profusely be considered bad practice for LE?

I also believe that if EMS treated Zimmerman on the scene and with visible injuries he refused to go to the hospital at that time, he would have to sign a release for EMS to be legally cleared from the scene?

ETA: Especially with a head injury?

I had a car follow me once, I was also in my car, and the last place I would ever lead them to was to my house. I drove to the Sheriffs Office. Maybe Tray was looking for an adult? Why would he have to be sneaking up on Zimmerman to confront him?

You know, that is a very good point.

I had completely forgotten until I read your post but I do remember when I was little my mom often told me that if I was being followed or scared by something to run to the nearest adult and ask for help. She said to run to the someone's front door and bang on the door for help.

It sounds to me as the person claiming to be Zimmerman's attorney really doesn't know much about the "Stand Your Ground" laws. Stand your ground laws laws thus state that a person has no duty or other requirement to abandon a place in which he has a right to be, or to give up ground to an assailant. Under such laws, there is no duty to retreat from anywhere the defender may legally be. They, as compared to Castle Doctrine laws, remove that a person has no duty to retreat when their home is attacked.

"In my legal opinion, that's not really applicable to this case. The statute on 'stand your ground' is primarily when you're in your house," said Craig Sonner, attorney for George Zimmerman.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/24/justice/florida-teen-shooting/?hpt=hp_t1

Besides the fact that Zimmerman's own lawyer and the Governor of Florida both said that this isn't as stand your ground case, do you have any citations from any case were a person killed somebody and claimed stand your ground, and absolutely no investigation was done to determine if it was true or not? Any links to any cases were the police just took the persons word for it like in this case?

He never covered his face.

Depends on whether or not you believe the statements by the girlfriend:

“He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said
he lost the man."

And how you take it.

It sounds to me as the person claiming to be Zimmerman's attorney really doesn't know much about the "Stand Your Ground" laws. Stand your ground laws laws thus state that a person has no duty or other requirement to abandon a place in which he has a right to be, or to give up ground to an assailant. Under such laws, there is no duty to retreat from anywhere the defender may legally be. They, as compared to Castle Doctrine laws, remove that a person has no duty to retreat when their home is attacked.

"In my legal opinion, that's not really applicable to this case. The statute on 'stand your ground' is primarily when you're in your house," said Craig Sonner, attorney for George Zimmerman.

And yet, the guy who wrote the law said in the last couple of days, it didn't apply! Don't have a link handy, read it on the net.

I found a link, just not the original one I watched:

Author of "stand your ground" law: George Zimmerman should probably be arrested for killing Trayvon Martin
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...bably-be-arrested-for-killing-trayvon-martin/

MY take is that GZ went after Trayvon, Trayvon being a proud black man stood up for himself and asked GZ "What are you following me for?" GZ attacked Trayvon (as evidenced by Tray's GF in their call) trying to be superman and subdue him for LE and when Trayvon got the better of GZ, GZ pulled his gun and killed him! I do believe that GZ was on the bottom and may have been screaming but HE pursued the altercation!!!!
Can I go and confront someone I don't like, start a fight and then kill them when they come after me??? All in the name of self defense????
Come on now....

I agree with you. Stand your ground law doesn't just apply to someone sitting in their house. So I am not sure what this lawyer is saying there. What kind of law does he even practice?

It is also on the police report that SFD Rescue treated him and "cleared" him.
Then he was taken to police headquarters.

Really? With a broken nose and a head wound requiring stitches?

Why wouldn't he have been taken to a hospital?

And yet, the guy who wrote the law said in the last couple of days, it didn't apply! Don't have a link handy, read it on the net.

People that came up with this law, in my opinion, are trying to cover up their own behinds. Because the law clearly doesn't apply just to someone being in their house.

I just haven't run my battery down to zero yet, but gotten close- the game apps do take up a lot of juice! We got car chargers, as well as home chargers when we got our phones.

Sadly, the same munchkins are always borrowing my chargers for their ipods and things. My phone spends a lot of time off or dead. *sigh*

It is also on the police report that SFD Rescue treated him and "cleared" him.
Then he was taken to police headquarters.

Really? With a broken nose and a head wound requiring stitches?

Why wouldn't he have been taken to a hospital?

It would be in Zimmerman's interests to have these injuries documented. So yes, it would be puzzling if he didn't get medical treatment as soon as he could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member