FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theledger/obituary.aspx?n=edna-mae-young&pid=137849031
There is an obit for an Edna Young who has a son, Troy Young. Don't know if it is the same one. I think he was from Bartow.

Snip - found in News Library
The Tampa Tribune - September 13, 1993

Officer D.A.R.E.s to make a difference
LAKELAND - The newest member of the Lakeland Police Department's Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) unit comes from a family of educators and is described as easygoing and great with children.Troy Young, 26, begins working in the unit with Sharon Olender this month. He replaces Dale Crosby, who left to join the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.A native of Bartow, Young has been with the department three years. He graduated from Bartow Senior High School,...

Don't see any Brandon here:
http://www.people-finders.ws/Summar...ity=&state=&age=&vw=&Search=&Input=&x=79&y=10

For those locals, Fox News on channel 13 Brighthouse Winterhaven is going to have Dorice on tonight with new claims she is making in court was the lead to the story. I'm watching. I'll throw a tape in.
Just old news. She was given a public defender because she claims to only have $100 in the bank. Nothing we haven't heard earlier today.

Crap, how did I miss it??? Is that "Fox Tampa Bay" or "Fox Orlando" over there??

Fox Tampa Bay. You didn't miss anything we haven't already heard.

At 1 on "The Edge" thingy Susan1?
Nevermind...I already read a few ahead...missed it!

Is anyone else very curious how DD got hooked up with Troy Young?

I'm very curious about their 'relationship' and how they found each other. I don't know if I mentioned it before but there is a comment at the youtube video of AS (DDM's 'interview with AS') about TY. The comment made me curious. JMO. Does anyone remember if DDM blamed TY for the murder? (I don't remember if his name was brought up in the numerous finger pointings.)

The TBO timeline says "8 mil still unaccounted for"... I hope whoever AS gave loans to come forward and fill in the blanks. I don't believe AS "squandered" (as the media had been implying) all of the money and I honestly don't believe he loaned it all out. I could be wrong but if DDM knew him long before Jackson supposedly introduced them, it would be hard to believe she didn't sponge a whole lot more from him than 'we' know about. JMO.

I'm very curious about their 'relationship' and how they found each other. I don't know if I mentioned it before but there is a comment at the youtube video of AS (DDM's 'interview with AS') about TY. The comment made me curious. JMO. Does anyone remember if DDM blamed TY for the murder? (I don't remember if his name was brought up in the numerous finger pointings.)

The TBO timeline says "8 mil still unaccounted for"... I hope whoever AS gave loans to come forward and fill in the blanks. I don't believe AS "squandered" (as the media had been implying) all of the money and I honestly don't believe he loaned it all out. I could be wrong but if DDM knew him long before Jackson supposedly introduced them, it would be hard to believe she didn't sponge a whole lot more from him than 'we' know about. JMO.

What did the comment say? Is it a typed comment? Or something someone said? I don't recall her pointing the finger at TY. It was the lawyer, her son, her in self defense, drug dealer(s), and robbery gone bad. The only thing she said about TY that I know of, was in that raw video with reporters her in her truck, a short bit before her arrest, she said she never would have asked him to do the things she did, if she'd known he'd get fired. Whatever. Just another pawn in her game, if you ask me. I'm not certain about how she met him, but I know back when she was single, she really liked law enforcement. Not for illegal activities, but for the other, more obvious activities. I know this to be fact, and it wasn't just one....it was at least 2 different officers. I'd imagine that might have been the relationship with TY, but of course, we don't know that for sure, that's just speculation. Being "involved" with her in that way, would provoke him to do favors for her that he wouldn't do for someone he just knew as a friend, and who asked him for it. It's a little more believable to think there was some sort of romantic/sexual relationship going on there. However, like I said, it's only speculation, and I'm not saying she was unfaithful to Shar, it just makes it a little more graspable (word??) that TY could have done those things "for" his girlfriend?!?!?!?!
Also, BoyzMum, I agree with you on the timeline of her knowing AS. I too think she ended up with alot more of that money, and that she met him prior to Barbara Jackson introducing her to AS.

Has everybody seen this "Where the money went" info here? I missed it somehow til just now.

http://www2.tbo.com/static/special_reports_news/shakespear-case/

So, where does the press get this timeline from?? This timeline says that DDM met AS in February 2007, but all news reports (link) state the date as November 2008. Why this major discrepancy in the timeline. In the above timeline, there is NO data for 2008. This discrepancy has been bothering me for a while! :waitasec:

Hey tigergal71!

The comment at the youtube wasn't accusatory or a diatribe, iirc, someone just sort of mentioned TY and the 'coincidence' in the timing of AS's murder. (I'm paraphrasing as to how it sounded to me when I read it- so take my opinion for what it's worth.) It got me thinking as to whether or not I found him suspicious. I keep trying to figure out just how many people could have known about the murder and didn't say a word. Would people keep quiet (as it doesn't seem like everyone profited from AS aside from a couple key people) after the fact because an officer was friendly with DDM? DDM really dragged a lot of people into her 'web of deceit' and it's so hard to understand who was naive or who could have co-conspired all this stuff. Not that anyone has the answers to my ponderings, it's just that one post at youtube got my mind wondering more about TY. JMO and all that.

I have a really hard time believing DDM didn't know that TY couldn't give her personal information about AS without his being punished. If she runs a nursing staffing service, I would think she'd be very aware of privacy laws and if the info wasn't private, she wouldn't have had to pay for it. Sheesh! DDM really has gotten on my nerves. JMO.

I find the TBO timeline pretty interesting. Don't get me wrong, you all uncovered so much info here and they haven't got half of it on there but it makes another visual aid in seeing the people DDM spent time around. I do feel they should take the son's photo off there, imo, he's a victim and even if he were suspect for anything, I thought minors weren't supposed to be identified? I think the article about the kids dating was a little out of line. The kids should be kept out of it as much as humanly possible, IMO. Her son's photo is there and last I looked there were a couple of photos not there (JM and SK). If they don't need their photos up there, I can't see why her son's has to be there?

Well, sorry for the lengthy commentary! You 'guys' are the best. Praying for justice and also praying that AS's boys have the chance at a good life, the kind of life their father was robbed of. (I'm praying the same for DDM's son.)

So, where does the press get this timeline from?? This timeline says that DDM met AS in February 2007, but all news reports state the date as November 2008. Why this major discrepancy in the timeline. In the above timeline, there is NO data for 2008. This discrepancy has been bothering me for a while! :waitasec:

link

Some time ago, I thought one of the articles quoted someone as saying that DDM was in AS's life back in 2007 and I got thoroughly confused.

This is the best I can do... this article quotes DDM as doing things for Sentorria Butler as early as Sept 2008. http://www.theledger.com/article/20100128/NEWS/1285066

I don't know if anyone has been able to figure out the real timeline when DDM actually met AS?

HI All,

I have confirmed GranGran4 . She will be posting for DebM.

Thank you GranGran4 for doing this. It helps us understand what is going down. Thanks to DebM as well for being willing and going the extra mile to help us with the facts of the case.

Tricia

Oh I would like to know how she met Troy. Thanks for the insight tigergrl about Moore and LE. Are you meaning she dated them? Maybe she met them through DebM while she was staying with the chief? Perhaps GranGran could shed some light on this...
_grinpat__by_ftpaddict.gif

Anyone in the area familiar with a Kathryn or Kathleens bar, on same namesake road?
Bars_by_Jack_ina_box.gif

Oh I would like to know how she met Troy. Thanks for the insight tigergrl about Moore and LE. Are you meaning she dated them? Maybe she met them through DebM while she was staying with the chief? Perhaps GranGran could shed some light on this...
_grinpat__by_ftpaddict.gif

Anyone in the area familiar with a Kathryn or Kathleens bar, on same namesake road?
Bars_by_Jack_ina_box.gif

Dated, if that's what you want to call it. Now this is all pre marriage, so dating back to around 1990, 1991, 1992 is what I'm going off of. But yes, they used to 'chase' the cops, and several of them were 'involved' with DM and a friend of hers. Some of the cops were married as well....It didn't matter to any of them obviously.
I think I'm confused about the above statement (BBM) Maybe I missed something? By chief, who do you mean?

Bars_by_Jack_ina_box.gif

Ooops, I was so intent on the other stuff, I totally forgot to address this.

There IS an area near Lakeland called "Kathleen". They have a high school, there is a road (Kathleen Rd) but I don't know of a bar by that name. I'm not familiar with the area though, so there very well COULD be a bar by that name :)
Where did you find that, and what are the pieces of info surrounding it?
I'm sure you'd be able to find the bar by Google-ing it!

Ooops, I was so intent on the other stuff, I totally forgot to address this.

There IS an area near Lakeland called "Kathleen". They have a high school, there is a road (Kathleen Rd) but I don't know of a bar by that name. I'm not familiar with the area though, so there very well COULD be a bar by that name :)
Where did you find that, and what are the pieces of info surrounding it?
I'm sure you'd be able to find the bar by Google-ing it!

tigergal71, here's a posting by "amarikai" that I copied from a February thread here on Websleuths where he mentions about Club Kathleen.

Original discussion thread:
Found Deceased FL- missing lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare, last seen April '09. Found 1/28/10 #2 - Page 8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

02-05-2010, 09:09 PM
amarikai
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2010

I was told that Judy Haggins worked at Club Kathleen in Lakeland, she helped DM repo the cars and collect money against the loans Abraham had given people. So, from the information I received, Judy would help locate the people for DM and Troy Young (police officer) would track the registered tag to the home location of the person.

Hope this helps. :)

ACR

"
I asked Abraham to review his credit report and not spend money but build his credit instead. Upon review, I noticed that his $1,075,000 house was not paid off, but had a mortgage from Wachovia bank secured by a cash desposit of $1,075,000. "

wish we knew what the status of this money is

http://www.theledger.com/article/20070927/NEWS/709270556
Interesting article on Club Kathleen that includes none other than Troy Young working their as security off duty.
Snip
"Club Kathleen is a magnet for trouble, according to the Lakeland police log, with nearly 240 calls for service since Jan. 1 of last year for fights, vehicle burglaries, gunshots, drug activity, prostitution and a variety of other disturbances."

...could this have been where abraham was introduce to ddm....i'm sure with it being the only black club around lakeland...it was advertised about AS winning the lottery...i can see it now...ddm just strolls in there on Fat Tuesday, and low and behold Troy was the bouncer, i got a visual....of Troy letting DDM in on AS being in the club...the hunt is on...i can see it now...judith worked there right?.....oh please...AS didn't know it, but i bet this was the beginning of the end....this is IMO...

The timeline of when DDM was introduced to AS has been puzzling me.

*snip*"Moore told The Ledger in December that she helped Shakespeare drop out of sight because he didn't want to pay child support and he wanted to get away from people who were constantly asking for money. She said he had spent much of the $17 million he pocketed as a lump-sum payment after winning a $31 million lottery jackpot in November 2006. After meeting Shakespeare through a mutual acquaintance in December 2008, Moore said, she began working with him on a book about his experiences since winning the lottery.

At the same time Moore met Shakespeare, Butler was in a child-support dispute with the missing lottery winner.*end of snip*

(from the article about SB that I earlier linked: http://www.theledger.com/article/20100128/NEWS/1285066?p=2&tc=pg)

This same article says:

Butler, 25, said in a recent interview with The Ledger that Moore helped her move into a rented house Sept. 1, 2008, and get a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria. Butler said she accepted the help because she was in desperate need, but she reported Moore's plans to investigators.

If DDM didn't meet AS until December 08 and was trying to buy off SB in Sept 08, what was her interest in SB- before she'd even met AS? How long was DDM trying to get into AS's life? JMO and my own questions. The timeline has been bugging me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Document Detail
Pursuant to Florida law, this document is not available for viewing on the internet.

Type: PRO
File No.: 2010033006
Date/Time: 3/1/2010
Book Type: O
Book/Page: 8085/2282
Pages: 1
Consideration: $0.00
Legal:
Grantors: SHAKESPEAR ABRAHAM L EST
does this mean a will is being probated....is there anything to probate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea