FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they haven't found much of anything to go on at this point, but I am so pleased with the police and local community. I have read nothing but praise and good things for these people, and it is clear that they are focused on nothing more than finding Adji. I pray that it stays that way.

It really does sound like a wonderful, caring community, doesn't it? Auntbaby, thanks for your insights; how scary it is; the poor little boy! And River Rat, I have a feeling that he was likely well able to grab hold of a friends/brothers/cousins hand to let them know he wanted to go with them. I would give anything for this little fellow to be found safely.

It is strange that NO ONE saw anything out of the ordinary. I would think people would notice a 6 year old wandering alone. He is in such danger, but God watches over his little children and will either comfort him and take him home or lead someone to find him and return him to his earthly home.
If anyone has a resent news link please post it.

I think he may have been safe playing near home.... but as someone posted on the other page about their child......he may have wandered off....and then ran into someone with not so nice intentions. They police and community are looking hard though...God bless them.

I would like everyone to help keep interest in this case. He is a little boy, that deserves more than to be forgotten.
I pray they find him soon.
Where is the real father? Does he live close enough to take the child? Is he still in the picture?

I agree...

Here's my thought: He's a boy, age 6, with the cognitive development of a 2-year-old. How many of the neighbor kids would actually play with him? I would venture to guess he was picked on a lot. I would press the children a bit more for information.

Anyone here from this FL area to help me with questions regarding things found on my google map?

Anyone here from this FL area to help me with questions regarding things found on my google map?

Anyone here from this area in FL to help me with questions on my google map? I went up and zoomed in and found some buildings I was wondering about...

I thought I read that the biological father is in Haiti. Please correct me if I am wrong. LE has stated to the media that the family has been cleared.

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=25023&z=3

"The search area up until now has covered the 12 square miles surrounding Farm Workers Village. Thursday the search area will stretch an additional four square miles.

The case will also be featured on America's Most Wanted Saturday evening. It is already posted on their website.

The case was also covered on Nancy Grace's CNN show Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.

An Amber Alert was not issued in the case, because Adji's disappearance didn't fit the requirements.

In order of an alert to be issued there has to be very clear evidence the child was abducted, a suspect vehicle description, etc.

Since none of the children playing with him saw anything suspicious, there was - and still is - the possibility Adji just wandered off."

Anyone here from this area in FL to help me with questions on my google map? I went up and zoomed in and found some buildings I was wondering about...

gibby, I live in Naples which is about 20 miles from Immakolee. I will help you with what I can. I may be able to go to Immakolee tomorrow.

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/37408699.html

His mother Maria Nedia told WINK News Thursday afternoon, it was not like Adji to wander far from home leading her to believe it's possible someone took him.

"God will give him back to me. I think he will come home," she told us through a translator.

Detectives are asking everyone to keep their eyes open for Adji. If you come across him, they say you will know right away.

While Adji knows his name, he cannot speak it. He also has a very limited vocabulary. His parents say he knows Creole, but he cannot speak it.

His mother and step-father, Natal Elant, could not say for sure what they think happened to Adji.

If someone did take him, his mother said, "I want this person to give him food. Feed him. He likes Corn Flakes, cookies, soup. I know he's somewhere. Please feed him."

More than 300 people searched a 16 mile area around Adji's home in the Immokalee Farm Workers Village on Thursday. The area includes Lake Trafford.

Still thinking of and praying for you little one....wherever you might be today.

Reward fund set up for missing boy in Naples

http://www.sunnewspapers.net/articles/llnews.aspx?articleID=11331&bnpg=0

"From 2-4 p.m. today, the Collier County Sheriff’s Office will be at Immokalee Community Park handing out fliers, Volunteers will also be out from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday handing out fliers in search of the boy. The sheriff’s office wants people to give out these fliers in their neighborhoods in help to search for the youth."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea