FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any question about the stepfather? Apparently the Mom was at work and either got home or off work at midnight. We've seen so many situations where a stepkid goes missing while Mom is at work.

I sure hope he's just hiding and is found soon.

Why was he playing outside at 7:15 pm? Isn't it dark then? Im in NC and its dark at 7:15 p.m.

Dear God please let this little boy be found son.It has o be so scary for him.Of the sex offenders ~ they should get search warrants and go into their houses.I'm thinking of Couey type.My God please dont let it be one of them.

I found this comment on a report about the little boy.

" I lived in the Village for 7 years. I can tell you the parents of the Village (well some of them) do not watch their children. While my kids were asleep (around 9:00 pm) you see other kids( around the ages 6 to 12 ) walking in the dark sometimes by themselves. They're all over the Village without Adult Supervision. Maybe they think it is safe to let their kids roam around (Who Knows). Maybe now the parents of the Village will watch more of their children."

Also another comment by a poster:

"Just go there when there is no school and When it is getting a little dark you will see some kids just walking and playing everywhere in the Village. It is in section (A, B, C, D, and E) where I used to live was in B-section and there will be kids playing, Young ones, Ask them where they live they say either A or C. Kids there are all over the place and playing everywhere."

Interesting,it must be pretty common to let kids wander around by themselves there. The report also states that both the stepfather and the mother were at work. One thing i thought was weird is at first they weren't sure as to what he was wearing then it was just like they came up with something. Also is the time thing,kinda odd details. I hope and pray he's safe whereever he may be.

A quick search on Sexual Offenders registered in Immokalee displays 19 results. I'd like to narrow down the Offenders to see who is closest to this area.

I am starting to agree with you RiverRat. Let me know if you find anyone that would fit the profile for this age of victim :(

Why was he playing outside at 7:15 pm? Isn't it dark then? Im in NC and its dark at 7:15 p.m.

On the summer nights, the kids in my neighborhood as young as 4, 5 and 6 are outside on the stoops playing, escaping the heat. Long after dark. It tends to slow in the winter due to it being cold, of course. Generally there is an odd sibling or someone keeping an eye out. But it's a considered safe and acceptable. I think it just varies from community to community. Just as the level of supervision generally given. Independence is given much more in some communities.

This is a horrible story. I hope he turns up somewhere. I keep thinking of him all alone. He's in my thoughts.

Prayers that this little boy is found SOON and he is okay!

Salem

On the summer nights, the kids in my neighborhood as young as 4, 5 and 6 are outside on the stoops playing, escaping the heat. Long after dark. It tends to slow in the winter due to it being cold, of course. Generally there is an odd sibling or someone keeping an eye out. But it's a considered safe and acceptable. I think it just varies from community to community. Just as the level of supervision generally given. Independence is given much more in some communities.

This is a horrible story. I hope he turns up somewhere. I keep thinking of him all alone. He's in my thoughts.

I agree with you Mae that it varies from community to community. In my own which is a closed community (federal property) every single home in our community has children. It reminds me of the 60's when children could actually play outside and run around even after dusk.

Of course, my kiddos were in by dark, but that was just me.

I would like everyone to help keep interest in this case. He is a little boy, that deserves more than to be forgotten.
I pray they find him soon.
Where is the real father? Does he live close enough to take the child? Is he still in the picture?

I agree with you Mae that it varies from community to community. In my own which is a closed community (federal property) every single home in our community has children. It reminds me of the 60's when children could actually play outside and run around even after dusk.

Of course, my kiddos were in by dark, but that was just me.

Still, he only had the intellectual ability of a two-year-old. No way in the world he should have been unattended. I have a bad feeling he is long gone now; so very sad.

This story makes me sick at heart. He is so very vulnerable. Our Marcus is thirteen now ,he is 5'4" and weighs 140 but like this little guy is severely developmentally delayed, is totally non verbal and has the decision making skills of a one to two year old. If he were to get out on his own he would continue to wander farther and farther away, always intrigued by some sight off in the distance , never fearing that he would get lost or be hurt. They just don't think like that. They will crawl into small holes just to see what is in there. They don't fear running water or much of anything at all. Not strangers, not dogs, nothing. Even if no one took this little guy, he is in such danger. He will be in my prayers . GOD bless this little fellow.

Still, he only had the intellectual ability of a two-year-old. No way in the world he should have been unattended. I have a bad feeling he is long gone now; so very sad.

I know what you mean Sheromom. I have a very bad feeling about this too. Bless his sweet little heart. Did you see how serious his face was when he took what looked like a potrait picture...cracked me up, I wanted to hug him.

And, I never let my children play outside after dark or anywhere near dark as a matter of fact. I'm sure his grandmother is beside herself with grief and second guessing herself every minute of the day. I pray for her and the family too.

I just can't stop wondering how he managed to verbalize that he was going outside to play with his friends if his disability was that severe as to comparing with a two year old and not being able to say his own name.

http://news-press.com/article/20090114/NEWS01/90114015/1075

Officers look through trash for sign of missing Immokalee boy

5:05 p.m. update

"Officers will look through trash for any sign of Adji Desir, 6, who has been missing from Farm Workers Village in Immokalee since Saturday evening.

“This afternoon we’re starting the process of going through the trash that was collected in various areas of Immokalee Monday,” Collier County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Karie Partington said.

She said people throughout Immokalee have been accommodating in allowing officers to search their properties for the boy.

The cold weather that is forecasted will not hinder the search.

“To search in cooler weather is at times easier than when it’s very hot,” Partington said.

But, she said, it could make the situation more difficult for Adji.

“The weather is a concern if he’s still trying to find cover and stay safe.”

The sheriff’s office has not yet decided how to pursue the case Thursday. It is also investigating the possibility that the boy was kidnapped.

“They’ll have to re-evaluate that this evening, and they’ll meet again tomorrow morning,” Partington said.

“We’re still hoping very much to reunite Adji with his family.”

1:50 p.m. update
The Collier County Housing Authority, in connection with Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers, is offering an additional $2,500 reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Adji Desir.

This reward money is in addition to the Crime Stoppers reward money of up to $1,000.

I looked at the weather for Immokalee FL tonight. It will be down in the low 40's. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea