GUILTY FL - Adrianna Hutto, 7, drowned in swimming pool, Esto, 8 Aug 2007

THink about it, to a child's mind...mother reaches in the pool with her hand grabbing her child anyway she could to pull her child from the water. (maybe her hand was on the face) the mother starts CPR, the boy is watching this but isn't able to process what he is seeing. EMT shows up, Step dad has little boy for 15 minutes, the boy watching EMT take his sister, police there....little boy likes police and maybe thought about being one someday. The mind of a child.

I would have believed the child if he was even close to being consistent.

I wish I had seen the 20/20 show... so is there reason to believe the mother did NOT kill her daughter?? I remember when this case happened. My own daughter was 7 at the time, and it just broke my heart.

I wish I had seen the 20/20 show... so is there reason to believe the mother did NOT kill her daughter?? I remember when this case happened. My own daughter was 7 at the time, and it just broke my heart.

Not in my mind...the way that family lived was disgusting and disturbing. The children had NO toys and slept on bare mattresses. The bruises on this sweet girl's face exactly aligned with what her brother said had happened. All emergency employees testified they could not have made the bruises on her face. This was one mean momster.

I was surprised she was convicted even though I think she probably did it. If I were on the jury I don't think I would have voted guilty. Seven year old children aren't the best witnesses and he was developmentally delayed, too. She clearly lied when she said the childrens toys were in the shed and a video of the shed showed they weren't. As far as passing the lie detector test, personally I don't trust them and if they were reliable they would be allowed in court. I do think she is where she belongs.

I watch True Crime with Aphrodite Jones on the ID channel and was checking out the upcoming new shows on the website and came across this case. I had never heard of it so I Googled and did a search here. I watched the 20/20 program and read all that I could find on the case (which wasn't much) but can't form an opinion from what little information is out there as to weather she is guilty or not. Hoping the show will glean some more information.

Amanda Lewis: "A Tragic Testimony"
Air Date: Thursday, May 19th 10/9c

Did a 7-year old girl accidentally drown or did her mother do the unthinkable: drown her own daughter? In this episode of "True Crime with Aphrodite Jones," Aphrodite delves into the heart-wrenching case of Amanda Lewis, and attempts to unravel a mystery containing many twists and turns.

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/true-crime/episode-guide/season-2-episodes-02.html

Link to case profile

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/true-crime/cases/amanda-lewis.html

I was disappointed in her show about JonBenet Ramsey (she didn't do her homework very well on it, imo) but
I am really looking forward to her show on the West Memphis 3 case tonight, I have followed that case since it's inception!
Betty Broderick should be good, too.

I've never even heard of this case until I saw the show this week, which I happened to tape. I wonder why some cases have very little media "appeal." This happened in Florida and only a few weeks after the news started coming out that Caylee had gone missing and this story kind of got lost in the shuffle I guess. I don't know what to think about what happened that day. It is very hard to think of a conviction based on 13 different versions of what happened from a 6-year old.

But it did appear the child was bruised and appeared to have been in a struggle as well as signs of possible sexual abuse.

I've never even heard of this case until I saw the show this week, which I happened to tape. I wonder why some cases have very little media "appeal." This happened in Florida and only a few weeks after the news started coming out that Caylee had gone missing and this story kind of got lost in the shuffle I guess. I don't know what to think about what happened that day. It is very hard to think of a conviction based on 13 different versions of what happened from a 6-year old.

But it did appear the child was bruised and appeared to have been in a struggle as well as signs of possible sexual abuse.

BBM
This case didn't have the sick, twisted, freaky drama and cast of characters like Ma & Pa Anthony, their evil offspring, and an entire community of imaginary friends for Casey to play with.:seeya:

I watched this case again today on True Crime with Aphrodite and there was supposed to be an appeal summer 2011. I googled for new info and didn't find any. Does anyone know what happened on appeal?

Not in my mind...the way that family lived was disgusting and disturbing. The children had NO toys and slept on bare mattresses. The bruises on this sweet girl's face exactly aligned with what her brother said had happened. All emergency employees testified they could not have made the bruises on her face. This was one mean momster.
Agreed! The son as a witness hiding in the tree was much more believable than the mother's interview. She was all about "poor me". I was just taking them shopping for school supplies and Adrianna a girl who is afraid of water) got into the pool on her own, yeah right!!!

Piers Morgan covered this case in his new series called 'Killer Women', which was screened in the UK last night.
I'm not a fan of his at all, but this show has been very good.

Full episode at following link.

** Use an ** when visiting this site

http://vodlocker.com/t9m78kdycly0

Last weeks episode is at the following link http://vodlocker.com/a7o7emoe8mzm

We are behind in Australia, so this was on TV tonight, I would like to know more about this case. I had a friend who lived in a pigsty of a house but her kids where loved, im not sure what I think about this case.

I do worry about that child if he works out later in life that he made a mistake and was confused about what happened.

I know this case is old but I found all of the witness statements on courttv.com. I saw something that peaked my interest on a different TV station and couldn't believe that there are people that think this woman should not be in prison. If you watch all of the testimony I think you will agree this woman deserves to never get out of jail or have any kind of relationship with any child. 2 children died in her care. She was a poor, excuse for a mother - even detrimental. The kids had no chance for a happy life in the future. The situation that these children lived in isn't fit for pigs. I can't believe the grandparents didn't call CPS a long time ago. Testimony, all put together, paints a house in chaos and children that were not supervised, cared for, played with, protected, and taught life skills in a kind way with proper supervision. No one connected with anyone - no family life at all. Whippings with belts, all toys thrown away bc they didn't put them away sufficiently, no light allowed in the bedroom, blood indicated on the vaginal swab, on and on. It's just disgusting and the woman is right were she needs to be - jail without parole.

I think in a lot of cases where parents kill children, they don't set out to kill the child - they get angry and lose control. It is more a crime of passion than calculation.

Of course, that doesn't make it any better, but I can better understand someone losing control and doing this than someone waking up one morning and deciding - hey, I'll kill my kid today.
I read that Mom worked nights, and came home after work and needed to get some sleep. I have read that the BF was sleeping, also. Who leaves 6 and 7 year old children unsupervised all day, and goes out of her mind when the children get into mischief? The little girl had sprayed windex around, and apparently that is what set Mom off. Kinda of a minor thing, maybe she just snapped. When I worked overnights, I could not take care of my patients safely if I did not get some solid sleep during the day. Unless the BF also worked nights, he could have gotten his butt outta bed to supervise and feed them, so Mom could have some undisturbed sleep, otherwise she should have gotten a sitter for a few hours on her work days. A very sad ending for everyone involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back