GUILTY FL - AL, 16, Valrico, 11 June 2014

What a MASSIVE mess!

"She doesn't need to be around this guy," Roger Lyon said Monday. "He's a sexual predator."
Uh, that is quite the understatement! Not just that she doesn't NEED to be around him. She absolutely should NOT be!

AL, who recently finished her sophomore year at Newsome High School, became acquainted with Myers in April, her parents said, when he began hanging around the neighborhood with his sons...

Roger Lyon asked his daughter about the strange older man, who was known to ride skateboards with kids in the neighborhood. She downplayed Myers' past, Roger said, noting that he had been to jail and served probation.
So she knew his past in greater extent, apparently, if she had downplayed it but that she said enough that they knew he had been to jail and served probation.

I'm a little shocked that wasn't enough of a red flag.

Never mind that it's awfully suspect that an older guy (creepy one, at that, with a record) spending his time hanging out with kids in the neighborhood and also out and about the skateboarding with neighborhood kids wasn't another warning sign. Once in awhile maybe, but...

Two weeks before AL disappeared, sheriff's deputies caught Myers with her and one of his sons in the cab of his truck near her home, her parents said. The deputies told Michelle Lyon that the trio was preparing to buy marijuana, Michelle said.
So now there are also drugs in the mix? Oi.

I'm fearful it wasn't just a drug buying thing.

Has anyone seen if his other victim was male or female? Though to be honest I'm afraid there are more victims than are known!

Her parents say she was seen shortly after she disappeared, walking on Stearns Road in Valrico. Investigators pulled her cell phone records and discovered the text messages, they said.
So the timeline isn't what we'd been told. She was not last seen at 2:30 in her room, but sometime after 4:30 once she was discovered to not be in her room.

That should probably say she was seen walking after she was last known to be in her house or something, no? Wonder who saw her?

With each day that passes, her parents grow more worried. Some of the messages, they said, included photos and video.
Man oh man...

From what I have read it sounds like AL was grounded right after her parents found out about her relationship with this man. I am not sure if that was the best thing to do partially due to the fact this man was still out on the loose and his relationship with her may of not been reported to law enforcement. That being said, AL was unhappy with being grounded and decided to run off with this man. I am not criticizing the parents. All of us sometime chooses not the best way to handle a problem and it ends up backfiring. Of course this is JMO and :twocents:.

Oh boy...There's so much more to this story, I don't even want to imagine. Just wow. This guy is more than creepy...a lot more than that.

Steven Myers, 41, is a registered sex offender. He's now wanted for interference with child custody, attempted unlawful sexual activity with certain minors and traveling to meet a minor.
Uh, minors?!

That's more than one... AL and _____? His sons? Or do we have at least one more victim also?

According to a statement from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office the warrant was issued "as a result of recent developments and newly discovered evidence."
And this sure sounds like it's NOT the evidence from AL's phone (b/c that's been out as having been found earlier, and so it seems they'd have issued the warrant earlier) but something else.

Neither "recent developments" nor "newly discovered evidence" are encouraging to me.

I can't believe people have seen him and he's not been caught! Call 911 people!

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/hi...rl-ashley-lyon

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/h...n-search-for-missing-valrico-girl-ashley-lyon

Steven Myers, 41, is a registered sex offender. He's now wanted for interference with child custody, attempted unlawful sexual activity with certain minors and traveling to meet a minor.

Interference with child custody - forgive me, I don't know if this means he was not supposed to see his sons? I'm so tired of reading about repeat offenders. Something needs to change.

Poor girl I hope she gets home soon, and keeps up treatment for her bipolar disorder. Such a difficult illness to try and cope with, especially during the teenage years.

This guy can't hide for long. Especially if he is driving a truck with red flames on it.

Interference with child custody - forgive me, I don't know if this means he was not supposed to see his sons? I'm so tired of reading about repeat offenders. Something needs to change.

Poor girl I hope she gets home soon, and keeps up treatment for her bipolar disorder. Such a difficult illness to try and cope with, especially during the teenage years.

I was thinking it meant interfering with a child who is supposed to be in custody of her parents, and he is interfering with her being returned to them... But that's just my guess.
I've been hoping they have been following him, since he's so easy to find, until they got enough to charge him. So glad they have charged him and hoping this ends today and she is safe!

If you look at the FB page her mom's running, the "Help Find" one, look at the post from earlier today that mentions 1000+ likes so far.

Look at the comments and find the one by A-A F T.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back