Identified! FL - Alachua Co., WhtMale Skeletal UP5286, 22-40, noose in tree, Feb'79 - Ralph Tufano

Last edited:
This area is north of Gainesville, Florida and off I75. We have a lot of immigrant workers, as well as transients, coming through this area which may make the process of identification harder.
A lot of international students from the University of Central Florida too. He could have been a UCF student who’s family has no means to reach out and search, or maybe afraid to due to citizenship status.

A lot of international students from the University of Central Florida too. He could have been a UCF student who’s family has no means to reach out and search, or maybe afraid to due to citizenship status.
True or from the University of Florida which is in Gainesville. It's reported that he was found near the I75 exit for High Springs. I75 is a highly traveled corridor through Florida.
Also, I meant to say that he may have been a migrant farm worker in a previous post. Updated info (from Carl K's link) says not "likely" born in Florida, but from "Further testing showed he could have been native to northern GA and AL, NC, VA, TN, KY, IN, OH." And the healed fractures of upper right and left ribs may have been a previous hospital or ER visit or admission although I doubt there are records that old still retrievable.

From what I remember, he’s been through 4-5 extractions. Most likely, his DNA is really degraded. DDP uses some really good labs, however, and it doesn’t look like they’re giving up on him!
What is the name of the method used in the Terry Deggs case? He had very degraded DNA as well.
I think they did some overlapping thingy to get a better picture, to fill in the blanks for lack of better terminology.

I wonder if they'll ask the ICMP for assistance like they did with Sue Huskey. That's what broke the case for that one.

What is the name of the method used in the Terry Deggs case? He had very degraded DNA as well.
I think they did some overlapping thingy to get a better picture, to fill in the blanks for lack of better terminology.

Yeah, that's pretty accurate for how they work it. The techniques are advancing rapidly and I have my fingers crossed that they'll eventually be able to get something.

Added to exclusions:
MP20413 James Stanley, missing since 09/18/1974 from Athens OH

The decedent also has a reconstruction I don't remember seeing before, but for some reason it's not letting me download it.
Do you mean this photo? I read upthread that there may be Italian or Spanish origins (post #20) but this clay version has a narrower face now.

upload_2021-3-9_16-4-42.png

ADMIN NOTE:

The fandom site is not an approved source. It never should have been linked to in the first place but nobody sought approval and nobody Reported it until now.

The site specifies that anyone can upload a file and there is no guarantee the information is reliable. That's not the kind of source that WS approves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back