FL FL - Ali Gilmore, 30, Tallahassee, 3 Feb 2006

Now with a recently murdered woman, Cheryl Hodges, I think about Ali Gilmore and hope someday she is found.

I hope that she is found too. So many women have disappeared never to be seen again or found. It seems like Tara Grimstead disappeared right about the time that Ali did and she hasn't been found either. My heart goes out to all families that have missing loved ones. I don't know how they keep on going.

I hope that she is found too. So many women have disappeared never to be seen again or found. It seems like Tara Grimstead disappeared right about the time that Ali did and she hasn't been found either. My heart goes out to all families that have missing loved ones. I don't know how they keep on going.

I so hope she is found too - when you have someone who has disappeared I think it is inner strength that somehow comes into play, to keep you going.

cdt, Bobbi and fox. . . .

You aren't the only ones that have been thinking about Ali. She was one of my first thoughts during the search for Cheryl Hodges. . . that maybe they'd find Ali out there in the national forrest.

Maybe the coming year will bring their family such much deserved peace, and this will be the year that she's found. I think finding her is all they're waiting for before they arrest who did it.

Four years later, Ali Gilmore still missing

Four years, and still no trace of Ali Gilmore.

The candlelight vigils and exhaustive searches are long over. Grief and frustration have turned her sister numb. Her mother, angry and bitter, has withered.

Though the case of the missing 30-year-old remains stone cold, Tallahassee police keep hoping the call will come and they'll finally learn what happened to the pregnant Department of Health analyst during the stormy early morning hours of Feb. 3, 2006.

Maybe today's the day.

More: http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20100203/NEWS0102/2030320/1010/news01

This is such a sad, but sadly not untypical case. I recently read a book about wives who are murdered, especially when pregnant, and a study says that murder is the most common cause of death for pregnant women in our (fine) country. Isn't that the most sickening stat ever? Apparently pregnancy is a trigger for so many man who do not want another child...

Where is Ali Gilmore?: 6 Years Later - SLIDESHOW

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/138639259.html

UPDATED 2.3.2012 by Julie Montanaro

A Tallahassee woman disappeared without a trace six years ago today.

Ali Gilmore has never been found - dead or alive - and police have never named a suspect in her disappearance.

Back in 2006, Her face loomed ten feet tall on billboards all over town.

Ali Gilmore. 30 years old, pregnant missing. She didn't show up for work one day and no one ever saw or heard from her again.

Her mother fears she's dead. She's convinced someone knows something and prays they won't be able to keep that secret forever.

"Everybody wants to know what happened to Ali. How could a person just get up and vanish?" Laurvetta McLawrence said on the phone from her home in West Palm Beach.

Gilmore disappeared on February 3, 2006. There were no signs of struggle in her home in Wilson Green. Her purse was untouched. Her car was still in the driveway.

Neighbors say people still stop by a memory garden nearby to light candles or leave flowers.

Tallahassee police consider this a missing persons case. It is not classified as a homicide.

More at link with video....

Still missing.

http://newsone.com/3010262/ali-grimsley-gilmore-missing-black-and-missing/

Eight years later, there have been no developments in the cold case but Grimsley-Gilmore’s family has not given up partially because she was so excited about the birth of her new child. Grimsley-Gilmore and her husband had started marriage counseling and she had plans to attend college. They have maintained a website to update the public about the case.

http://www.whereisaligilmore.com/

"The INSIDERS: Ali Gilmore....Where Did She Go?"

http://www.wtxl.com/news/crime_watch/the-insiders-ali-gilmore-where-did-she-go/article_8c5424c2-f51b-11e4-91e4-77e8977fc627.html

For one neighborhood it's more of an a mystery today than it was almost a decade ago. Loved ones remember a mother to be as a hard worker and loving friend.

Ali Gilmore has been missing since February of 2006. Investigators continue to search for clues but are not any closer to finding out what happened.

Ali Gilmore has been missing for a decade now.

From last year:

The Disturbing Case of Ali Gilmore's Disappearance

Nine years ago, Ali Gilmore vanished.

The 30-year-old state Department of Health analyst, four months pregnant and separated from her husband, was last seen on Thursday night, Feb. 2, 2006. She had left her second job working part time at the Publix bakery on Apalachee Parkway and was heading to her home on Lorraine Court in southwest Tallahassee. She reportedly received a phone call at 12:48 a.m.

“Where is Ali Gilmore?” her friends, family and coworkers ask on the website started after her disappearance, and maintained for years to honor her memory. It’s a question that remains unanswered.

Charley Project

gilmore_ali.jpg
gilmore_ali2.jpg

I haven't followed this case but found this article on my local news site today. I did a search for Ali's thread and found a few so maybe they can all be combined, if they haven't been yet. I was trying to find a link to the upcoming episode. I will post it if I find it.

Unsolved Florida: The Ali Gilmore Case 15 years later

Snip:

Gilmore was separated from her husband James Gilmore at the time she vanished, and police initially said he was a person of interest, along with others. Now detectives believe it is likely he had nothing to do with the crime.

For the first time, detectives with the Tallahassee Police Department are providing new details into her case — including evidence that has never been made public before and identifying a previously unnamed person of interest.

Join us Thursday, Oct. 14 at 11 p.m. during the Eyewitness News for the next installment of ‘Unsolved Florida: The Ali Gilmore Case.’

I haven't followed this case but found this article on my local news site today. I did a search for Ali's thread and found a few so maybe they can all be combined, if they haven't been yet. I was trying to find a link to the upcoming episode. I will post it if I find it.

Unsolved Florida: The Ali Gilmore Case 15 years later

Snip:

Gilmore was separated from her husband James Gilmore at the time she vanished, and police initially said he was a person of interest, along with others. Now detectives believe it is likely he had nothing to do with the crime.

For the first time, detectives with the Tallahassee Police Department are providing new details into her case — including evidence that has never been made public before and identifying a previously unnamed person of interest.

Join us Thursday, Oct. 14 at 11 p.m. during the Eyewitness News for the next installment of ‘Unsolved Florida: The Ali Gilmore Case.’

Thanks for sharing. Here is the link with the clip:
Police reveal potential suspect 15 years after Ali Gilmore vanished

Police reveal potential suspect 15 years after Ali Gilmore vanished

It has been 15 years without answers for the family of Ali Gilmore. The 30-year-old FAMU grad was four months pregnant when she vanished from her Tallahassee home off Loraine Court in the middle of the night.

It has become the largest case the Tallahassee Police Department has ever had. Over the years, detectives have interviewed hundreds of people. For the first time, investigators have laid out part of their theory as to what happened and have named a potential suspect.

TPD said Dwight Aldridge, now 40, is a potential suspect for multiple reasons. They are hoping that someone with information will come forward to help them close the case. Read more: Police reveal potential suspect 15 years after Ali Gilmore vanished

After watching Never Seen Before, it's clear the husband was surprisingly innocent. Law Enforcement has named the boyfriend as the suspect. They have also stated that they have lots that they aren't willing to release right now. They have put the most time and efforts on this case than many others. It looks like it will maybe get solved within a few years or so..

The husband understands that most people suspect he was involved. I can't deny I was one of those people just like many others on this forum. It just goes to show its not always what it seems.

The family was robbed a sister, a wife, a daughter, etc. Watch the episode if you can.

OCT 18, 2022

Tallahassee Police investigating skeletal remains found off Apalachee Parkway

[...]

The post described the remains as “skeletal” and said preliminary findings indicated the remains were human. It also stated that a group of people made the discovery just before 3 p.m. in a “heavily wooded” area near the 2600 block of Apalachee Parkway and immediately called law enforcement.

[...]

The area is located just across the street from a strip mall and in between two commercial properties. It is half a mile from the Springfield Suites Hotel where Jason Winoker was last seen in Aug. of 2021.

However, there are multiple people who have been reported missing in the area. Ali Gilmore vanished from her Tallahassee home in Feb. of 2006, 48-year-old Sean Reddish was last seen August 31 on surveillance camera inside a Crawfordville gas station, and Brandon Helms disappeared from a south Georgia home in Dec. 2015.

[...]

ali gilmore
June 4, 2018 | By Alexia Carrasco

''This story is part of a collaborative project between Project: Cold Case and a University of North Florida Journalism class. The student credited above wrote this story as a class project.

At 30-years-old, Tallahassee resident, Ali Gilmore, was finally able to check off her goals she worked so hard for. She landed a good job at the Florida Department of Health as an analyst, was pregnant with her first child, and had purchased her first home in a good community. All that was taken away when she seemed to vanish in thin air.

It was only a little over a decade ago that billboards and yard signs were plastered over Tallahassee screaming for help to find Gilmore – who had mysteriously disappeared.''
1672417308835.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back