FL FL - Ali Gilmore, 30, Tallahassee, 3 Feb 2006

The task force, made up of TPD, the Leon County Sheriff’s Office, the state attorney’s office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, is going through over 100 cases, including the infamous Sims family murders and the disappearance of Ali Gilmore.

The task force is reviewing these cold cases with new technology, like touch DNA and forensic genealogy, which has been used with success in central Florida, FDLE Special Agent Mark Perez said.
Snipped by me...

The Sims family murders, which occurred in 1966, and the disappearance of Gilmore in 2006 are both on the task force’s radar, Ray said.

The Sims case will be harder to review, Ray said, because the lead detectives have since died. But Gilmore’s case might be easier.

“We’ll go talk to those detectives and pick their brains and see what they have to say, what leads they felt needed to still be followed up on,” he said.

Case closed on oldest unsolved Tallahassee murder; TPD seeks tips on other cold cases

Last edited:
This could be entirely coincidental, but skeletal remains were just found buried 4 minutes from the 200 block of Loraine Court:

Construction workers dig up skeletal remains across from Fairview Middle School

View attachment 425504
Completely forgot that i had started a thread for the UID remains.. cross-posting.

I remember hearing on the local news shortly after these remains were found that they were suspected to be much older than Ali's case, but of course I can't find a link that says that!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back