Found Deceased FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Step mum/girlfriend did race up there very quickly trying to get custody. How would she get it over the actual mother? I can understand that bio dad can't as he is in Mexico, but what custodial rights would she have?

She doesn't have any rights. She marched up there and created a scene. Is she even married to bio-dad?

Here is the big question of the day for me------ am I understanding that dad's wife/ girlfriend lives in Florida? But he lives in Mexico? And she claims she runs his FB page? Do they not live together? Since when? I guess what I am saying is that if she is here, I would expect him to be close. If he is there, I would expect her to be close. she doesn't seem like the "let my man live in another country" kinda woman.

There is not a whole lot they can do about their living situation.

Legal way to get him back - immigration lawyer, time, and $$.

Illegal way (not as easy as it always seems) $$ and a coyote.

I think there are currently five children living in the house. Diana, two school age siblings, the cute little guy sitting on his dads lap during the interview and the baby. One more on the way will make six.

That adds up to 5. Including the baby on the way.

This certainly is confusing. I still don't know for sure what the spelling of Diana's last name is...or which last name is her Mom's...or her Dad's for that matter. Thankfully her Step Dad's name is the still the same!
With today's latest information..I am almost hoping her Dad is behind this...because if it's just these two brother's...well, I won't go there. I am holding out hope she is found alive and safe and they get this all whole mess sorted out.

In a appeals I found for the Dad, it listed several alias names.

Hispanics have 2 last names instead of a middle name. One from their Mom and one from Dad. When a woman gets married, she keeps her Dad's last name, and accepts her new Husbands last name as well.

When illegals want to legally work in the US, they buy SS#'s, and end up with another identity.

Hispanics have 2 last names instead of a middle name. One from their Mom and one from Dad. When a woman gets married, she keeps her Dad's last name, and accepts her new Husbands last name as well.

When illegals want to legally work in the US, they buy SS#'s, and end up with another identity.

Crazy enough, when my mom took me to get my learners permit (20 years ago), THREE people were using my SS# for drivers licenses. I'll never forget the clerk's reaction. She pulled my mom to the side (I was only 15-years-old) and told her. She was livid!!

Next thing I know, there were two Detectives who pulled us into an office and explained how serious the issue was. They said they would launch a full investigation (they did), but said we needed to get to the SS office immediately (I didn't get my permit THAT day!!). When we got to the SS office (the same day), they told my mother there was nothing they could do unless these people were using my SS# to get benefits/loans, etc... Again, my mom was livid! The head Detective had given my mom his card to call him any time and she did. He immediately put a flag on my SS# and to this very day... that flag is still there. To make a long story short, I learned VERY early to NOT lose my license. It takes me HOURS (5 at minimum) to get a new licence/renewal. No matter how many legal documents I have to prove I am who I am... they have to go through Tallahassee to give me a new/renewal license. Lots of faxing and emailing back and forth.

It made me REALLY mad one time when I went to get a renewal and the clerk asked me for my SS# and I handed her my card and she didn't want the card... she wanted me to say it out loud. No!!

It's scary how easy it is for someone to steal your identity. Luckily, none of the people used mine for anything other than a drivers license. It was two men and a woman and the Detectives seem to think it was a one-time-thing since I was a minor and no one would notice.

Wonder if the radio personality will be doing any interviews today. Seems like that is where we are getting most of our information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Diana's Mom would be Rita Hernandez-Jiminez. Now what about Diana...we have her as Alvares on this thread...in her room...on that video done by the radio station..I thought I saw Alvarez (which is what the MSM is using). I think I recall the missing person notification actually has BOTH names...Alvarez on the top and Alvares at the bottom. And just in case we aren't confused enough...That is her Dad's middle name??? or his first last name?....yikes!

So Diana's Mom would be Rita Hernandez-Jiminez. Now what about Diana...we have her as Alvares on this thread...in her room...on that video done by the radio station..I thought I saw Alvarez (which is what the MSM is using). I think I recall the missing person notification actually has BOTH names...Alvarez on the top and Alvares at the bottom. And just in case we aren't confused enough...That is her Dad's middle name??? or his first last name?....yikes!

When she first went missing on Sunday, I was very confused about the spelling of her name. People online were saying it was "Dayana" and not "Diana." However, the official release of her missing spelled it "Diana Alvares." I am assuming this would be the correct spelling. Jiminez would be the mother's married name and Hernandez would be her maiden name. So, I am assuming that Diana's would be Diana Hernandez Alvares.

Delete. Sorry, double post.

My Niece's husband is Portuguese and as far as I know, they have the same naming practices of most South American families. The children take on their first name (picked by the parents). What we call a "middle" name would be the mother's maiden name and the "last" name would be the last name of the father. My nieces husband and his siblings (boys and girls) have the same... second name/middle name... as their mother's maiden name.

ETA: I don't want to post what my Niece and her Husband have chosen for my Great Nieces name (YES!! They are expecting and we just learned they are having a girl!! and I am beyond excited!! ), but I will say her name is --- FIRST NAME --- Mother's Maiden name - Father's Last name.

In this article: http://www.winknews.com/2016/05/31/...h-continues-for-missing-san-carlos-park-girl/
Diana's mother says she didn't like comments the roommate was making to Diana so she confronted him & that's why he moved out. She said that Diana was upset that he moved out and asked her mom, "Why didn't Jorge wait on me?."

This conflicts with another article: http://www.fox4now.com/news/diana-alvares-search-continues-family-suspects-they-know-kidnapper
Here the stepfather says that the roommate left on his own because he didn't have a job there anymore and that the family never noticed anything strange about him.

LOL, I know, confusing. And honestly I'm not 100% sure how they mix and match the names (especially the women). I just know they don't normally use middle names like we do. They have 2 last names. So, for the Dad, the Alvarez and Moreno would be his last names. 1 from his Mom. 1 from his Dad.

I think, the spelling of AlvareS makes it more Americanized, where AlvareZ is the Hispanic spelling.

Another thing to add. We had NOTHING but girls in our family for 38 years. My nephew, who is 3-years-old, broke the girls reign... but has his father's last name. It got so dire (not to sound mean, but there were NO boys to carry on the paternal last name) that they started putting our middle names as our father's last name. I didn't get it, but one of my sisters did and multiple female cousins did. And we're Irish. So my sister and multiple cousins have the "O --- insert name) as a middle name.

In this article: http://www.winknews.com/2016/05/31/...h-continues-for-missing-san-carlos-park-girl/
Diana's mother says she didn't like comments the roommate was making to Diana so she confronted him & that's why he moved out. She said that Diana was upset that he moved out and asked her mom, "Why didn't Jorge wait on me?."

This conflicts with another article: http://www.fox4now.com/news/diana-alvares-search-continues-family-suspects-they-know-kidnapper
Here the stepfather says that the roommate left on his own because he didn't have a job there anymore and that the family never noticed anything strange about him.

Now that there are two former roommates...maybe one left because no work and the other left because of the confrontation. Who knows....it is becoming very hard to keep up. I wonder if it is more that maybe some things seemed insignificant before and they are racking their brains trying to think of those little details. However, confronting someone about inappropriate comments isn't a little detail.

It sounds like Diana's mom may not have told the stepfather what the guy had been saying. The stepfather I am sure worked a lot so he may not have been home when this was being said. Jorge may have given this excuse (didn't have a job) to him why he was moving out.

Hispanics have 1st name, middle name, dad's 1st last name, mom's 1st last name

I can't get past the blanket, the one that is missing and I am assuming is the same one her mother covered her with in the middle of a Florida night.
I cannot.

LOL, I know, confusing. And honestly I'm not 100% sure how they mix and match the names (especially the women). I just know they don't normally use middle names like we do. They have 2 last names. So, for the Dad, the Alvarez and Moreno would be his last names. 1 from his Mom. 1 from his Dad.

I think, the spelling of AlvareS makes it more Americanized, where AlvareZ is the Hispanic spelling.

Not to confuse things
AlvareS is the Portuguese spelling
AlvareZ is the Spanish spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads