Found Deceased FL - Ashlyn Bowman, 17, Edgewater, 22 June 2016

LoveCanHeal,

There are some kind people who will provide you with a link to the various rules of the website. But it would take me days to find the link for you.

Here's my advice: Don't use the name of anyone who has not been identified by the media. Don't discuss it here if you choose to investigate someone who has not been identified by police as a suspect.

At this point, I think it's fine to say that it's concerning that Ashlyn was staying with an accused felon.

Hmmm. Scratching head.

Seems LE has updated her last known location to "Rotary Park in Edgewater. The park, at 902 W. Park Ave., is believed to be Ashlyn’s last known location."

http://www.volusiasheriff.org/news/...g-for-missing-17-year-old-edgewater-girl.stml

This versus the earlier last location of a residence on Edgewater Canal Road.

Glad LE is still hot on this case. I should do some map viewing.

ETA the following:

From "Canal Road" IN Edgewater (there is no "Edgewater Canal Road") it is almost exactly a two-mile drive to the Rotary Park location. The homes and apartments on Canal Road are probably in the mid to low-middle cost for real estate in Florida, imo, and not that it matters, just fyi.

There are two funds related to her disappearance: one an attempt to raise a $25k reward, and the other to help fund searchers with food, water, fuel, etc. Sadly there's not much activity on either one. But on the search fund page, the person who set up the fund and gave the story says, "...everything left over will be turned over to miss Bowman's family for funeral expenses..." I hope that is just a personal expression and no indication of real-world info.

Here is the FB page for "Find Ashlyn Bowman" which is updated more frequently than the LE page.

https://www.facebook.com/FindAshlynBowman0123/?fref=ts

A FB comment contains a linked youtube video where Ashlyn is singing. I have a 17yo dd who plays excellent piano. This is a rather heartbreaking disappearance, for sure.

ETA: Remove direct mention of and links to the fund raising site. Sorry. I'm a-learnin' as I go.

For those who aren't familiar with the area, there is a lot of Florida scrub forest and swamp to the west of Ashlyn's last known location. Once you pass under I-95, it becomes very sparsely populated with mostly sand roads and a few rural homes tucked away in the woods.

Alot has gone on since I was last here. Frank Elwood, a resident, is doing his own investigating. He is a person with no patience for the BS that has gone on. The cities police dept is virtually out of the picture and Voluisa County Sheriff's office has taken over. Ashlyn has not been found, yet. ALOT of rumors, hearsay, finger pointing going on.But Mr. Elwood is geting donations and crews out, questioning ( with a Louisville Slugger, his words) and searching known spots where this group of kids ( all under 25) did drugs, drank, and who knows what else. A lot of valuable time was lost in the beginning as city police did nothing. I don't know if they were treating it like a runaway, or heard that hard drugs may have been involved. Doesn't matter right now. They let the trail get cold. Mr Elwood seems to be on the right path. #1 is finding her. #2 is putting the guilty in law enforcements lap. I want to say a lot of the kids that knew something, knew Ashlyn, were, and still are scared to death. Not of Elwood, or even LE. They are scared of the people who made Ashlyn disappear. May kids want her to be found before school starts. They are afraid to go out of their homes. Thru all of this, the community has learned that their city has a HUGE drug problem, mainly Meth. Blows my mind that kids as young as 13 are doing that crap. The whole situation is mind blowing,heart breaking. When she is found I hope the resources become available for the kids to get clean .

Wonder how they are so sure it's Ashlyn, looking around it sounds like the remains were skeletal, or mostly skeletal. Her grandma is now saying ID could take 2/3 months. Ddid she have some distinctive jewellery or clothing?

Wonder how they are so sure it's Ashlyn, looking around it sounds like the remains were skeletal, or mostly skeletal. Her grandma is now saying ID could take 2/3 months. Ddid she have some distinctive jewellery or clothing?

<mod snip> Im thinking tattoos. It could take 2to 3 months to confirm cause and manner of death. I'm sure LE had dental records and any identifying marks all ready to go.

Wonder if she was going to be called to testify......could that be motive?

Hey folks, some posts have been removed or sniped. Although remains have been found NEAR where Ashlynn went missing, there is nothing (yet) in MSM to support the fact that they are indeed Ashlynn. Rumors have no place here, nor do things you've 'heard' if you are a local. Until LE makes a more definitive statement about whether these remains belong to Ashlynn, let's not jump the gun and presume her deceased.

:tyou:

Hey folks, some posts have been removed or sniped. Although remains have been found NEAR where Ashlynn went missing, there is nothing (yet) in MSM to support the fact that they are indeed Ashlynn. Rumors have no place here, nor do things you've 'heard' if you are a local. Until LE makes a more definitive statement about whether these remains belong to Ashlynn, let's not jump the gun and presume her deceased.

:tyou:

http://www.news-journalonline.com/n...ins-found-in-edgewater-belong-to-missing-teen

http://www.newstalkflorida.com/news/daytona/remains-found-belong-missing-edgewater-teen/
attachment.php

Attachments

• 579243_373612462677334_1206792105_n.jpg
    579243_373612462677334_1206792105_n.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 483
I don't know if I can put this here now. I spoke with detective in charge of this case. I just spoke with Lamee

He states that Ashlyn did drugs at the house on canal and ran into the woods. Overdosed

Plain, simple, OD. No one was involved.

The autopsy this morning IDed her and no trauma to the body

Still doing toxicology to see if OD before elements got to her.

People who make and sell this meth should be shot on sight.

I don't know if I can put this here now. I spoke with detective in charge of this case. I just spoke with Lamee

He states that Ashlyn did drugs at the house on canal and ran into the woods. Overdosed

Plain, simple, OD. No one was involved.

The autopsy this morning IDed her and no trauma to the body

Still doing toxicology to see if OD before elements got to her.

What he says does not make sense. You posted on August 10th, and not only did they not know this was Ashlyn, but the coroner said that he could not tell the cause of death, nor could he determine the sex or the race of the skeletal remains.
If they did not know who this was, how could he make a statement that she had been identified, or that she overdosed, ran into the woods, and that no one else was involved?
The remains were sent to a forensic unit outside of the area, and a DNA confirmation match was only determined to be a positive match to her parents on September 15th.
The cause of death has not been determined, and toxicology may not be returned for another 60-90 days.
This is still very much an ongoing investigation according to both the sheriff's department, and the Edgewater Police Department.
An aerial view of the area, seems to make it impossible to simply "run into the woods". Not to mention that I live in the area, and find this would be difficult, if not impossible for even a sober person to do.
http://www.newsdaytonabeach.com/wndb-news/human-remains-found-in-edgewater-not-yet-identified/
http://www.newsdaytonabeach.com/wnd...ong-to-ashlyn-bowman-teen-missing-since-june/

Remains found in Edgewater identified as those of missing teen, police say

EDGEWATER, Fla. -
Human remains found in a wooded area last month have been identified as those of missing teenager Ashlyn Bowman, authorities said.

Edgewater police confirmed Thursday that the remains, found in mid-August, are those of the missing 18-year-old.

Bowman disappeared in June from a home in Edgewater.

Police said it is still unclear how Bowman died, but they said she was not burned or dismembered, as had been widely reported.

Police said the investigation is still open and pending the results of the forensic pathologist's report

http://m.wesh.com/news/remains-found-in-edgewater-identified-as-those-of-missing-teen-police-say/41678720

I 100% agree. It seems like LE wants this case closed. Still no explanation of where her clothes and phone went as they said publicly that they were not with her not found in the area. Maybe they want to bury it because it was mishandled from day1? I know wee had a hot summer and being near woods animals were around. But that does not explain away skeletal findings. And since skeletal, what can they hope to find for manner and cause of death. I guess LE feels they got 2 huge drug busts out of the fiasco, so they are happy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back