Found Deceased FL - Ashlyn Bowman, 17, Edgewater, 22 June 2016

It's been a few months since I've been on this thread, but I can't seem to find any recent updates. :(

I 100% agree. It seems like LE wants this case closed. Still no explanation of where her clothes and phone went as they said publicly that they were not with her not found in the area. Maybe they want to bury it because it was mishandled from day1? I know wee had a hot summer and being near woods animals were around. But that does not explain away skeletal findings. And since skeletal, what can they hope to find for manner and cause of death. I guess LE feels they got 2 huge drug busts out of the fiasco, so they are happy?

I am not sure where you are getting your information from, but its totally inaccurate and disturbing. Her phone? Her clothes? WHO said that they were not found with her? I am friends with her family, and know this is not true. With all due respect, it sounds like you are repeating what you are hearing in the facebook groups that turned this entire investigation into a nightmare that caused LEO to follow ridiculous rumors and people that were pretending to search for Ashlyn. I am not sure why the admin of this group is even allowing you to post these factless rumors.

It's been a few months since I've been on this thread, but I can't seem to find any recent updates. :(

Its still an ongoing investigation. The family has asked for their privacy, so information from the medical examiners report was not in the media.

Its still an ongoing investigation. The family has asked for their privacy, so information from the medical examiners report was not in the media.

I don't think asking for privacy means what you think it means. It means the family doesn't want to be bothered by anyone, including the media and strangers. It doesn't mean that they are asking the media to withhold factual information about the case.

However, the media often chooses not to disclose details of an incident if it is a suicide. Also, the media sometimes simply fails to keep up with certain cases. I don't know which is the case. But I doubt it was because the family asked for privacy.

As for whether she had her clothes or not, I believe that was a mistake in either the reporting or in how someone interpreted the reporting. I don't think it has anything to do with a rumor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEO said nothing was found with her, and frankly, they talked about her like she was a common drug user. They got the <modsnip> drug dealer out of all of this, and it seemed as if they were satisfied with that. The 2 girls and the guy from the drug house, I believe are still free today.

LEO said nothing was found with her, and frankly, they talked about her like she was a common drug user. They got the <modsnip> drug dealer out of all of this, and it seemed as if they were satisfied with that. The 2 girls and the guy from the drug house, I believe are still free today.

This is simply not true, and nothing more than rumor. I know the family personally, and it is quite upsetting that this is being allowed to be posted by this person.

I don't think asking for privacy means what you think it means. It means the family doesn't want to be bothered by anyone, including the media and strangers. It doesn't mean that they are asking the media to withhold factual information about the case.

However, the media often chooses not to disclose details of an incident if it is a suicide. Also, the media sometimes simply fails to keep up with certain cases. I don't know which is the case. But I doubt it was because the family asked for privacy.

As for whether she had her clothes or not, I believe that was a mistake in either the reporting or in how someone interpreted the reporting. I don't think it has anything to do with a rumor.

Because I know the family very well, I know what she was found with, how she was dressed, and that her phone is definitely not missing. What was posted is not true, its a rumor that was spread in some facebook groups. When I said the family was asking for privacy, I meant it is what they were telling the media that relentlessly called them for comments, and wanting to know what has not been released publicly regarding the evidence collected from the scene, medical examiner and forensic reports.

Because I know the family very well, I know what she was found with, how she was dressed, and that her phone is definitely not missing. What was posted is not true, its a rumor that was spread in some facebook groups. When I said the family was asking for privacy, I meant it is what they were telling the media that relentlessly called them for comments, and wanting to know what has not been released publicly regarding the evidence collected from the scene, medical examiner and forensic reports.

Again, the person's comment was based on some unclear language in a news story; not a Facebook rumor.

Again, the person's comment was based on some unclear language in a news story; not a Facebook rumor.

There was nothing in the media about her phone or what was at the scene when she was found. The person that posted that her phone was missing, and that she was found with nothing, said that they had talked to LEO. He would not have told her this because neither is true. However, these were the rumors that were posted in a facebook group that the poster was part of. The Facebook group was removed. This is still an open investigation, and she is not being treated as a common drug user.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back