FL - Brandon Jaffe for child molestation, Palm Coast, 2006

I agree Mygirlsadie, some parents are ready to hand their kids off to anyone. I had 3 children spending all day every Saturday playing with my children and it was months before the parents even met us. I couldn't believe it!

YadaYada said:
Another unfair generalization.. hehe j/k!

Young boys should not babysit. I agree. Not because I think they all have the potential to become pedophiles. But because most are irresponsible and immature.. I can't trust that my 13 year old son will get the garbage to the curb half the time. I certainly wouldn't want him watching someones children... :eek:

You're right - it is pretty unfair, but I am sure you will agree, when it comes to one's own children, anything goes for their safety and well-being.

These cases boil my blood, that is one sick teenager. Glad the dad got the evidence, so sorry the little boys had to endure it. I agree with you mygirlsadie, kids are so precious and some people are so careless. Evil comes in all forms...

I can think of TWO males I ever would have allow babysit my children. One is my nephew and the other is the son of a friend of mine. That's it.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Actually, it's not untrue.
The vast majority of child molesters are men. A serach of any sex offender database is evidence of that.
The FBI has as one of their major red flags: Be wary of men or adolescent males eager to babysit.
Argue with them.

I wasn't trying to start an argument. I'm just saying you can not put every man in the same category as a pedophile simply because hes a man, and your recipe for disaster theory is what you did... I think it's infair...

On that note, no I wouldn't have a man babysit my kids. I wouldn't have anyone watch them for that matter... My mom babysat for me when they were younger, and when she moved. I quit my job and stayed home for two years.

Have a nice day. :truce:

YadaYada said:
I wasn't trying to start an argument. I'm just saying you can not put every man in the same category as a pedophile simply because hes a man, and your recipe for disaster theory is what you did... I think it's infair...

On that note, no I wouldn't have a man babysit my kids. I wouldn't have anyone watch them for that matter... My mom babysat for me when they were younger, and when she moved. I quit my job and stayed home for two years.

Have a nice day. :truce:
That's the thing--everyone says "that's unfair, BUT..."

This story is so sad. Two families destroyed.
It reminds me that all parents of 'baby sitting age' children should have
a sit down talk about sex and the unacceptable.

http://www.local6.com/news/12651323/detail.html

Teen Sitter Caught On Nanny Cam Molesting Boys Sentenced To Prison
<Snip>

A 16-year-old boy Central Florida was sentenced to five years in adult prison Friday after he was caught on a hidden home video sexually molesting two boys while he baby-sat the pair.

As a person who was molested by a 12 year old boy when I was two I can only hope they don't remember it when they get older. Smart parents. I applaud them for spying on the babysiter. My molester was the minister's son. When my parents confronted them about it they said I was lying. Yeah... ok. They even went as far as claiming my parents were at fault because they must be having sex in front of me. My father never even walked around in his underwear for pete's sake. I had no clue until I was 13 and starting having dreams. I asked my mom and she was surprised since we hadn't had a need to speak of it since my Daddy told me he was a bad boy and he was getting a BIG spanking. Aren't Daddy's great? :)

I'm off my tagent....My point was that I hope they don't remember it. It seemed to make it easier to deal with.

As a person who was molested by a 12 year old boy when I was two I can only hope they don't remember it when they get older. Smart parents. I applaud them for spying on the babysiter. My molester was the minister's son. When my parents confronted them about it they said I was lying. Yeah... ok. They even went as far as claiming my parents were at fault because they must be having sex in front of me. My father never even walked around in his underwear for pete's sake. I had no clue until I was 13 and starting having dreams. I asked my mom and she was surprised since we hadn't had a need to speak of it since my Daddy told me he was a bad boy and he was getting a BIG spanking. Aren't Daddy's great? :)

I'm off my tagent....My point was that I hope they don't remember it. It seemed to make it easier to deal with.

Mammasweets,

I am so sorry to hear of your past abuse. How wonderful that your parents did everything they could to protect you when they found out!

This story makes me so sad. When children harm other children is when I seem to get the most wrecked. I would be interested to know if the molester was molested - not to excuse him, but just because so often these things tend to be cyclical.

My prayers to everyone involved in this sad case.

I read once that when boys hit puberty they shouldn't be allowed to babysit young children by themselves because of their sex drive and curiosity.

I don't think it's true of all boys that they might take advantage of young children, but it definitely got me thinking.

I hope those little boys are young enough where maybe they can forget about what they were forced to do? Maybe the 2 yr old at least... :mad:

I read once that when boys hit puberty they shouldn't be allowed to babysit young children by themselves because of their sex drive and curiosity.

I don't think it's true of all boys that they might take advantage of young children, but it definitely got me thinking.

I hope those little boys are young enough where maybe they can forget about what they were forced to do? Maybe the 2 yr old at least... :mad:

I have to agree with you. They have the hormones but lack the judgement.

I can't agree, Mr. Texana babysat quite a lot when he was a younger teen (he had two siblings at least 10 years younger and he had quite a lot of child care experience) until he was old enough to get a minimum wage job.

He would be horrified to hear that all teen boys are put in the category of "not able to control their hormones."

The average teen boy does NOT see a three year old girl or a six year old boy as a sexual target, I promise you.

I can't agree, Mr. Texana babysat quite a lot when he was a younger teen (he had two siblings at least 10 years younger and he had quite a lot of child care experience) until he was old enough to get a minimum wage job.

He would be horrified to hear that all teen boys are put in the category of "not able to control their hormones."

The average teen boy does NOT see a three year old girl or a six year old boy as a sexual target, I promise you.

I'm sure there are young men just like Mr Texana in this world! I'm hoping my son is one of them.

I just won't be taking the chance here, that's all.

I absolutely agree that all or even most teenage boys shouldn't be lumped in this category. However, I also believe that a teenage boy is more likely than a teenage girl to engage in this type of behavior.

To me, it's kind of like teaching my kids if they get separated from me at the mall, they should approach a woman with kids for help. I don't tell them this because I think all men are bad and out to get them. I tell them this because, odds are, a woman with kids is the safer bet.

My brother baby-sat all the time as a teenager--he was much better at it than I was. For that matter, he's still better with kids than I am!

I can understand a couple of little kids playing a doctor and nurse type game but a 16 year old doing this to such young children is very very worrying. You knowexactly how wrong this is at that age.

My intentions were not to offend and YES there are plenty of wonderful teenage boys. I have 4 boys myself and would like to think of them as fine, intelligent and compasionate young adults. I'm still leary of teenage boys and that's my own personal hang up. I just don't let me children stay with anyone other than close personal family. I also only have sisters so it works out for me.

Nothing is ever ALWAYS or NEVER. So I like to air on the side of caution.

I had a male teenage babysitter..
He never ever touched me or my sister.

That being said .. I don't think a 16 yo is a child nor an adult..
I would not consider this a child molesting a child.
We are not talking about two 8 yo'ds playing doctor.

I have to agree with misscorah.
This is a different ball game and a pedophile in the works.

At 16 he has a ton of High School girls to choose from (sad but totally true)
Many girls at that age would give it up easily for a little attention so his molesting small children equates to any other adult doing it and knowing right from wrong IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back