FL - Brandon Jaffe for child molestation, Palm Coast, 2006

I think a lot of this is personal experience. I hate having to hire a babysitter at all, and avoid it whenever possible.

As a child I had male and female sitters. The boys were all fine, but usually played games with my brother more and ignored me.

One girl in particular always invited her boyfriend over and they would lay together under a blanket. I didn't realize at the time, but as I got older I figured out that they were having sex. I wish I could remember how old she was, but I'm pretty sure she was no more than 15. I never told my parents.

I know when I babysat I was good while the kids were awake, but snooped a lot and read novels off their shelves (remember Wifey by Judy Blume?) that I wasn't supposed to read and talked on the phone after the kids went to bed.

It just creeps me out to have some random teenager in my house. Ick.

I think a lot of this is personal experience. I hate having to hire a babysitter at all, and avoid it whenever possible.

As a child I had male and female sitters. The boys were all fine, but usually played games with my brother more and ignored me.

One girl in particular always invited her boyfriend over and they would lay together under a blanket. I didn't realize at the time, but as I got older I figured out that they were having sex. I wish I could remember how old she was, but I'm pretty sure she was no more than 15. I never told my parents.

I know when I babysat I was good while the kids were awake, but snooped a lot and read novels off their shelves (remember Wifey by Judy Blume?) that I wasn't supposed to read and talked on the phone after the kids went to bed.

It just creeps me out to have some random teenager in my house. Ick.

I could not agree with your post more!!
We must be sisters as I had that same teenage female sitter!

I leave my children with two people.... My sister and my daughter.
For years and years we never went out.
One time before we had the youngest two, I think we did hire a sitter..
local teenager who worked at the grocery store.
A couple of years later I turn on some talk show and there she is with her twin sister... I think it was Ricki Lake .. the show was about twins who did not get along and then she matched them all up for dates with other twins who did not get along.

I could not agree with your post more!!
We must be sisters as I had that same teenage female sitter!

I leave my children with two people.... My sister and my daughter.
For years and years we never went out.
One time before we had the youngest two, I think we did hire a sitter..
local teenager who worked at the grocery store.
A couple of years later I turn on some talk show and there she is with her twin sister... I think it was Ricki Lake .. the show was about twins who did not get along and then she matched them all up for dates with other twins who did not get along.

LOL!! Yes, I am very blessed to have my parents and in-laws nearby and healthy and doting on their grandchildren. Until 4 years ago mine were the only ones on either side, and now the only others live 3000 miles away, so...can you say spoiled??? :rolleyes:

We have used sitters a couple of times when absolutely needed, but always at least 16 and children of friends. I am willing to pay top dollar since it is such a rare occasion, so that helps. Luckily those days are nearing an end since my oldest is 12, and will soon be old enough to watch the others in the evening.

Must have been so weird to see her on TV. Did she confess anything shocking?

It isn't just kids. We hired a pet sitter last summer and it drove me nuts.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back