GUILTY FL - Camden Hiers, 5, drowned in bathtub, St George Island, 4 Jan 2010

Trial set for July 30, 2012

It appears a trial might finally be here. I searched Franklin County court records and found there is a jury trial set for July 30, 2012.
There are several subpoenas for witnesses on the most recent court docket.

https://www2.myfloridacounty.com/ccm/?county=19

Search:
Bordt, Marianne
DOB: 11/22/1938

Soulmagent--My heart goes out to you. Our family's dealt with a nutty set of "other" grandparents for seven years. First, they wanted to "force" our daughter into terminating her pregnancy because she's Asian and the father is white. The other grandmother actually had the audacity to set up a meeting with me and my daughter and then commenced to PRAY that she'd have the strength to end the pregnancy. I'm a very gentle person but I almost decked her. She then called an abortion clinic and pretended to be my daughter to set up an abortion. And she presents herself as a good Christian woman...Jeesh.

They make one poor choice after another--no car seat, no fence around the pool, heavy duty pain meds during the day while our girl watches movies, dog bites going untreated, letting our baby girl go with people they hardly know. It drives us to distraction. I literally have to start every single day calming my daughter down. She's since married and has a wonderful husband and they have custody of the child but the grandparents have her for two nights a month and something always goes wrong--always. No one says that they don't love the child, they just won't grow up and be responsible.

You and the other posters are absolutely right--just because someone is a relative and even loves the child, does NOT mean they are safe.

The court ordered visitation for the grandparents ?

Marianne Bordt...so she was a granny and the big bad wolf all rolled up into one.

Thanks, JoeFromLB, at last this child and his father get some justice...his full witness statement is heartbreaking, and I see the mother has not participated at all in the case and has remarried and has a new daughter. The father also has a civil case:

Bordt’s admission of guilt, and the stipulation that Myers read as to the factual basis for the plea, will likely have an effect on an ongoing wrongful death lawsuit that Dave Hiers is pursuing in federal court. The plaintiff contends Marianne Bordt was culpable and her husband, Heinz, negligent during their weeklong vacation on St. George Island.

“There’s no amount of money that can make me settle this case early,” said Dave Hiers after Monday’s hearing. “We are going to have a court case, and believe me, we’re going to find the truth.”

His voice choked with tears, Dave Hiers told of receiving the 8 p.m. cellphone call from Franklin County Lt. Ronnie Segree, in which he was told what happened.

“I remember weeping uncontrollably, trying to maintain the explosion happening in my mind, heart, and soul,” said Hiers. “It was a deep physical pain and emptiness that has not yet left me since that moment.”............

I want to know why! I would ask her what possibly changed from the times I have seen her doting over him - with such extreme concern for his well-being and safety,” he said. “I would remind her of the times she would wrap Camden in a jacket and then a coat when I would pick him up on a cold day – so wrapped that he could almost not sit in his child seat. How she would call him with such fondness ‘Camdeline.’.........

“I had so much hope for the upcoming years with Camden here. I had so much hope and anticipation about the future - to watch him go through all the stages of childhood, teen-ager, and then finally adulthood,” he said. “Now, I have lost my bearings and feel adrift and lost in the world. Every day I get up and place one foot in front of the other, and take one day at a time. It’s all I can do.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back