GUILTY FL - Courtney Wilkes, 15, raped, murdered in Seagrove Beach, 16 June 2011

pearl, I am glad you posted about this upcoming trial. I was not familiar with this case until your new post brought it up in the index. I just read through the thread... So sad, what a truly senseless tragedy. It's so clear that her murder greatly impacted your community.

The Wilkes are a wonderful family. Courtney has been and is greatly missed. She would have graduated this year. The second scholarship set up in her honor was awarded last week. I know this family although not closely. I intend to keep up with trial events as much as possible.

What a tragedy. I love the Florida panhandle and have spend a lot of time there - I agree with those who say you let your guard down on vacation.

I think I would have let my teenage daughter go on a beach walk on a tourist beach with him, if he had acted normal and respectful. I see nothing in his mugshot that is off-putting - he looks like a nice enough young man. If his behavior was normal, and I had seen him a couple times while on that beach vacation, I wouldn't have hesitated to give my daughter permission to walk in the beach while I sunbathed right there on the beach.

What a terrible loss.

Prayers for his mother, too. I think I would rather be the mother of a darling, lovable teenager who was murdered, than be the mother of the murderer. I can't imagine anything worse than that.

Steven Cozzie, jury finds guilty on all charges

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back