GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some random thoughts:

From the affidavit: "Wendi filed for divorce on Monday, September 10, 2012. Markel reportedly returned home from a business trip to find his family gone, a majority of the contents of
the house missing and the paperwork for dissolution of marriage displayed on his bed."

I find this incredibly cold on her part. I can't even imagine the feeling of coming home to an empty house and divorce papers on the bed.

SG looks like one scary dude and gives me the creeps. *shiver* All JMO.

I live in Tallahassee and have followed this case from day 1. I don't think Wendi knew anything about this.

I live in Tallahassee and have followed this case from day 1. I disagree. ;-)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Just some random thoughts:

From the affidavit: "Wendi filed for divorce on Monday, September 10, 2012. Markel reportedly returned home from a business trip to find his family gone, a majority of the contents of
the house missing and the paperwork for dissolution of marriage displayed on his bed.
"

I find this incredibly cold on her part. I can't even imagine the feeling of coming home to an empty house and divorce papers on the bed.

SG looks like one scary dude and gives me the creeps. *shiver* All JMO.

Wonder what her reasoning was. There HAD to be a reason. Why so cruel? Did he "deserve" this?

Wonder what her reasoning was. There HAD to be a reason. Why so cruel? Did he "deserve" this?

Maybe she didn't like him any more and he was in her way?

Who knows. Considering the way this is shaking down, imho it seems like cruelty is a family affair. A man is dead for simply wanting to be a father to his children.

I'm glad that has come out in MSM about the gang connection as there were comments by people about this previously.

Well, this answers what Luis Rivera is already in custody for. He's also a fairly high ranking member of the Latin Kings.

DOJ press release of the operation that resulted in his arrest
https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdfl/pr/multi-agency-law-enforcement-operation-tackles-violent-crime

More coverage
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-latin-kings-indictment-20150512-story.html

I wonder if he started to talk to try to arrange a deal for himself once he was incarcerated last year. Maybe he was the break they needed . Seems somewhat unlikely they'd have been investigating CA's phone records otherwise.

We don't know the dynamics of their marriage so I can't judge her actions.

Who knows. Considering the way this is shaking down, imho it seems like cruelty is a family affair. A man is dead for simply wanting to be a father to his children.

No. A man is dead because he was standing in the way of Wendi Adelson's happiness.

What makes you think she was unaware of any of it?

I'm convinced she was well aware. Certain details had to come from someone with intimate knowledge of the neighborhood, among many other glaring red flags. I do wonder if it can be proven legally. This isn't your average prosecution, these people are legal scholars & academia. It's totally possible guilty folks could effectively litigate their way out of an arrest and/or conviction.

I'm convinced she was well aware. Certain details had to come from someone with intimate knowledge of the neighborhood, among many other glaring red flags. I do wonder if it can be proven legally. This isn't your average prosecution, these people are legal scholars & academia. It's totally possible guilty folks could effectively litigate their way out of an arrest and/or conviction.
Totally agree. I think she's guilty as sin (her mom too) but I think they'll get off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Second Markel Murder Suspect Named as Leadership in Violent Gang

Rivera, also known as "King Tato", was a member of the Latin Kings when he was arrested for his part in a violent racketeering conspiracy, says the DOJ.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/second-markel-murder-suspect-named-as-leadership-in-violent-gang/article_9a0116ba-2900-11e6-8187-db8d677167c3.html

From above link

" He, along with 22 other accused members of the Latin Kings, were arrested for RICO charges in 2015."

:seeya: popsicle, :tyou:

I live in Tallahassee and have followed this case from day 1. I don't think Wendi knew anything about this.

Maybe not. But knowing the background and noting the convenient timing, wouldn't she have had her suspicions? Asked a question or two?

s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member