GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy idea here, I mean really dumb. KM is in custody and her attorney's don't seem to be looking out for her interest, IMO. So if she's still innocent until proven guilty she should be able to receive mail. What if a concerned citizen were to write her, maybe explaining the benefit of a plea as opposed to life in prison or death. Not because we like her or what she did but because it would be for the greater good to take the A's off the street.
I know this is dumb and I totally expect everyone to tell me why, but could it work?

Crazy idea here, I mean really dumb. KM is in custody and her attorney's don't seem to be looking out for her interest, IMO. So if she's still innocent until proven guilty she should be able to receive mail. What if a concerned citizen were to write her, maybe explaining the benefit of a plea as opposed to life in prison or death. Not because we like her or what she did but because it would be for the greater good to take the A's off the street.
I know this is dumb and I totally expect everyone to tell me why, but could it work?

We all should write her:
[h=3]Mailing Address[/h]Leon County Jail
Inmates name (SPN number if available)
Post Office Box 2278
Tallahassee, Florida 32316

If I wanted to go full-on "Girl on the Train" with this case, I'd go visit her in person to express my opinions.

However -

1) she is not worthy of my visit

2) As sketchy as it is that her lawyers share an address with CA's lawyer (and I do think she got the referral from CA) my gut tells me she's hedging, trying to negotiate a plea as we speak. Attempting to get her time down to a really low single digit number. Hoping she at least gets to see her kids off to prom. Perhaps she has already has shared her story with LE and just waiting to cut a deal.

One of my concern's would be CA finding out who I was. I think I remember reading that Austin Harrouff (he attacked a couple and ate a little bit of one victim) who is also in a Florida jail receives mail but unless it has a name and return address they do not give it to him. Maybe someone knows something about this?

IMO -

1. why would CA continue to pay for KM's attorneys unless somehow he was sure that she was not going to flip on him? of course he wouldn't. what's the point otherwise?
2. and what better way to ensure that KM will not flip on CA than for CA's attorney to walk down the hall and hand-pick friendly attorneys for KM, make sure they get paid, and with a wink and a nod make it understood that under no circumstances should a plea deal be pursued. CA's attorney knew from day one that if KM sings, it's game over. he knew that leak had to be plugged early or the whole ship goes down. they had to put up a firewall. "We've got to get this girl friendly counsel. Right now!"

if CA is paying for KM's attorneys, he is not doing so out of the goodness of his heart! there must be an expectation there - a quid pro quo. he's not going to pay for her attorneys just so she can flip on him.

IMO -

1. why would CA continue to pay for KM's attorneys unless somehow he was sure that she was not going to flip on him? of course he wouldn't. what's the point otherwise?
2. and what better way to ensure that KM will not flip on CA than for CA's attorney to walk down the hall and hand-pick friendly attorneys for KM, make sure they get paid, and with a wink and a nod make it understood that under no circumstances should a plea deal be pursued. CA's attorney knew from day one that if KM sings, it's game over. he knew that leak had to be plugged early or the whole ship goes down. they had to put up a firewall. "We've got to get this girl friendly counsel. Right now!"

if CA is paying for KM's attorneys, he is not doing so out of the goodness of his heart! there must be an expectation there - a quid pro quo. he's not going to pay for her attorneys just so she can flip on him.

That could be a real scenario here too.

My view is after Humpty and Dumpty were arrested, KM and CA rallied. KM had her current female attorney from PH1 attend a case mgmt in Tallahassee back in August. ([FONT=helvetica, arial, times new roman]http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/08/19/state-seeks-breast-enhancement-records-markel-case/89007190/)[/FONT]

"Charlie Adelson's attorney David Markus said the state's attempt to obtain Magbanua's medical records shows there is even less connection between his client and the murder plot.'This exposes the utter absence of the state's case in a pretty stark way and really shows how desperate the state is to make a case where none exists,' he said in an email.

Magbanua's attorney Tara Kawass sought to keep the records sealed. She argued that Magbanua, who has been named as a possible witness or suspect by prosecutors, has not been arrested in connection with Markel’s shooting. 'They are speculating based on what their theory is,” Kawass said in court. ' It is a fishing expedition ... they don’t even know what is in the records.”

So, the introduction to her lawyer in PH1 was made well before her arrest. I don't think two young and promising lawyers would risk their livelihood and reputation trying to placate a superstar lawyer or a superstar lawyer for his client.

One must remember, KM was asking for handouts (Escalade, GoPro's, a raise) well before the heat was truly on.

[FONT=helvetica, arial, times new roman]
[/FONT]

IMO -

Exactly!! That's way she need's to know that she is possibly being used as a scapegoat, I agree with GordonX, I don't feel her lawyer's have her best interest at heart.
Are they really her lawyer's or are they CA's? I hate to think the worst about people but I get a bad feeling about her representation.

One of my concern's would be CA finding out who I was. I think I remember reading that Austin Harrouff (he attacked a couple and ate a little bit of one victim) who is also in a Florida jail receives mail but unless it has a name and return address they do not give it to him. Maybe someone knows something about this?
Already thought about that ….
Use an alias for return name and address.
And, don’t leave fingerprints or DNA on the paper and envelope - use gloves when handling, and don’t cough or sneeze or cry on the papers.

You both could be right re KM's lawyers.

Just to clarify-

What does CA get out of paying for KM's defense team if not her silence?
It would ensure KM doesn't have a substandard attorney. CA and KM are both players on the same field guarding the same goal. They come as a pair and the affidavits police drafted for each is heavy on them communicating together.

I could be wrong and it's my opinion only, but I'm struggling to imagine those Miami lawyers risking so much for these two clients. I was totally shocked to learn they have the same address, though - oh my.

So, the introduction to her lawyer in PH1 was made well before her arrest. I don't think two young and promising lawyers would risk their livelihood and reputation trying to placate a superstar lawyer or a superstar lawyer for his client.

One must remember, KM was asking for handouts (Escalade, GoPro's, a raise) well before the heat was truly on.

this non sequitur confuses me. not sure what you're getting at here or whether you agree or disagree with my theory.

You both could be right re KM's lawyers.

Just to clarify-

What does CA get out of paying for KM's defense team if not her silence?
It would ensure KM doesn't have a substandard attorney. CA and KM are both players on the same field guarding the same goal. They come as a pair and the affidavits police drafted for each is heavy on them communicating together.

I could be wrong and it's my opinion only, but I'm struggling to imagine those Miami lawyers risking so much for these two clients. I was totally shocked to learn they have the same address, though - oh my.

1. friendliness was more important than competence when it came to finding KM an attorney IMO. both were important but there is no way they could risk her pleading guilty. she could have the most competent attorney in the world but if she has one that also advises that she pleads guilty, CA is toast.
2. her attorneys have plausible deniability, IMO.

Already thought about that ….
Use an alias for return name and address.
And, don’t leave fingerprints or DNA on the paper and envelope - use gloves when handling, and don’t cough or sneeze or cry on the papers.
In other words (mine) don't do it!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

this non sequitur confuses me. not sure what you're getting at here or whether you agree or disagree with my theory.

I don't think Charlie's possible payment of KM's fees means KM is expected and encouraged by her counsel to remain silent. What seems more likely to me is that shortly after SG's arrest/while cops were trying to speak with her, KM contacted CA in desperation and need. She got a business card and lump sum/retainer fee. Keeping her happy, advised and protected. Perhaps in place of that Escalade, she had recently requested.

[FONT=helvetica, arial, times new roman]My opinion and would not be shocked if it is wrong and you were right.[/FONT]

I don't think Charlie's possible payment of KM's fees means KM is expected and encouraged by her counsel to remain silent. What seems more likely to me is that shortly after SG's arrest/while cops were trying to speak with her, KM contacted CA in desperation and need. She got a business card and lump sum/retainer fee. Keeping her happy, advised and protected. Perhaps in place of that Escalade, she had recently requested.

My opinion and would not be shocked if it is wrong and you were right.

1. IMO if KM does not cut a deal and actually goes to trial we will know something shady is going on. she has a golden opportunity before trial to cut a sweetheart deal and her attorneys know this. if they advise her otherwise it's tantamount to malpractice IMO. the only thing that's stopping her from pleading is her attorneys. trying to cut a deal post-sentencing has huge risks.
2. do you think CA's attorney is getting copies of all of the privileged discovery from KM's attorneys? if he is, then something shady is going on IMO.

That could be a real scenario here too.

My view is after Humpty and Dumpty were arrested, KM and CA rallied. KM had her current female attorney from PH1 attend a case mgmt in Tallahassee back in August. (http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/08/19/state-seeks-breast-enhancement-records-markel-case/89007190/)

"Charlie Adelson's attorney David Markus said the state's attempt to obtain Magbanua's medical records shows there is even less connection between his client and the murder plot.'This exposes the utter absence of the state's case in a pretty stark way and really shows how desperate the state is to make a case where none exists,' he said in an email.

Magbanua's attorney Tara Kawass sought to keep the records sealed. She argued that Magbanua, who has been named as a possible witness or suspect by prosecutors, has not been arrested in connection with Markel’s shooting. 'They are speculating based on what their theory is,” Kawass said in court. ' It is a fishing expedition ... they don’t even know what is in the records.”

Is it possible KM is preparing to double-cross CA? Perhaps she promised him that if he got her - and paid for - top-notch legal representation, she would never flip on him. It doesn't mean she intends to keep that promise......

Is it possible KM is preparing to double-cross CA? Perhaps she promised him that if he got her - and paid for - top-notch legal representation, she would never flip on him. It doesn't mean she intends to keep that promise......

i doubt it because IMO KM's attorneys have her thoroughly convinced that they will get her off. that's a big part of their job right now as the ancillary defense team for CA. and i believe KM is gullible enough to believe it - she's in a tough spot, a bad place right now with not many friends so she's deferring to the "experts" with "authority" and they are telling her what she wants to hear - "don't worry, they have a weak case, we will fight this thing and you will be found innocent!" she is trusting them to help her navigate down this dark path in a world she knows nothing about. people tend to believe what they want to believe. i'm sure KM wants to believe this load of crap - and that makes her attorneys' con job that much easier.

BTW - i hope i'm wrong on all this. i hope KM sings but i don't see it happening until well after she is tried, convicted, and sentenced. that will be when she finally gets her wake up call.

I wonder how much has CA offered for KM to keep quiet?

So I wonder if the guardians of KM kids has received a big bump in cash for the sake of her kids?

Because why pay $2 million dollars for KM lawyers. When they can just set up a 1 million dollar trust fund for her kids?

i doubt it because IMO KM's attorneys have her thoroughly convinced that they will get her off. that's a big part of their job right now as the ancillary defense team for CA. and i believe KM is gullible enough to believe it - she's in a tough spot, a bad place right now with not many friends so she's deferring to the "experts" with "authority" and they are telling her what she wants to hear - "don't worry, they have a weak case, we will fight this thing and you will be found innocent!" she is trusting them to help her navigate down this dark path in a world she knows nothing about. people tend to believe what they want to believe. i'm sure KM wants to believe this load of crap - and that makes her attorneys' con job that much easier.

BTW - i hope i'm wrong on all this. i hope KM sings but i don't see it happening until well after she is tried, convicted, and sentenced. that will be when she finally gets her wake up call.

Even if CA is paying their fees, KM is still their client and they have an ethical obligation to act in her best interests, even if they are receiving counter instructions from the person paying them. If they tell KM that the case against her is weak when in fact it's quite strong, they could be facing charges of malpractice once KM realizes she's been played for a dumb, naïve fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24