FL FL - Dana Boshell, 38, Tampa, 4 July 2012

I pass by these apartments everyday. Surprisingly, I haven't read a single thing about this.

Hi all! I live in the complex. It's amazing...that there is someone missing here and there's nothing to indicate it. I haven't seen flyers or anything. I did see a missing persons flyer at a gas station today about a mile down the road.
I would hope if I went missing my face would be plastered everywhere. As for the disappearance, I understand there are some families that do not communicate as much as others, but (aside from the BF) I also find it questionable that the brother hadn't reported her missing or anything sooner. I would hate to point the finger at him during this time, but I can not help but think that it seems odd she left his home, in Orlando, with her bf and was not seen or spoken to again. Seems that he would have been in contact with her, but who knows. The boyfriend is definitely suspicious. For him to have dropped her off, then never reported her missing is very strange. Possibly could have known she was not "missing"? Sad/scary all of the way around. Has anyone found any new information. The info provided by HCSO is so vague. I wonder if the BF and her got into any type of argument, what type of life she lived and people she associated with, where she worked, and her co-workers. I understand that sometimes you need to keep some cards hidden, but it just seems that there were so few details provided.

Not that it contains pertinent info but I found the link below while looking around online. At least gives a little more insight about her. http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00028295/00782
Page 16

Hi all! I live in the complex. It's amazing...that there is someone missing here and there's nothing to indicate it. I haven't seen flyers or anything. I did see a missing persons flyer at a gas station today about a mile down the road.
I would hope if I went missing my face would be plastered everywhere. As for the disappearance, I understand there are some families that do not communicate as much as others, but (aside from the BF) I also find it questionable that the brother hadn't reported her missing or anything sooner. I would hate to point the finger at him during this time, but I can not help but think that it seems odd she left his home, in Orlando, with her bf and was not seen or spoken to again. Seems that he would have been in contact with her, but who knows. The boyfriend is definitely suspicious. For him to have dropped her off, then never reported her missing is very strange. Possibly could have known she was not "missing"? Sad/scary all of the way around. Has anyone found any new information. The info provided by HCSO is so vague. I wonder if the BF and her got into any type of argument, what type of life she lived and people she associated with, where she worked, and her co-workers. I understand that sometimes you need to keep some cards hidden, but it just seems that there were so few details provided.

Not that it contains pertinent info but I found the link below while looking around online. At least gives a little more insight about her. http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00028295/00782
Page 16

Welcome to websleuths!

Going to your link I didnt see anything but then I clicked the search button and found this
http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00028295/00782/58?search=boshell

Did you ever see her around the complex?

Hi Cindi, thanks! I can't believe I hadn't found this site before. I found it while searching for info on Dana Boshell over the weekend, and was entertained to see that there were other people doing/finding all of the same info I was! Awesome!

Sorry about the link, not sure what happened there, but that's how I found her as well when I first went to it. I've lived here almost 3 years, it's a quiet, friendly neighborhood. I jokingly dubbed it "Melrose Place" because of how social everyone is. Most places I've lived you barely get to know your neighbors more than a casual hi/bye as you pass them outside, but here I've become friends with many of the residents. I don't believe I've ever seen her here, nor do I know anyone that knew her. I'm curious to know how long she'd lived here, but since she's more than likely a renter there's no info on that. I saw where someone had commented on a FB post (via one of the missing persons pages) that she seemed down when they'd see her around.

I've never been aware of major crimes occurring at any location I've lived, so I was pretty surprised to see there was a missing person that lived here. Can't believe there haven't been any flyers (management & residents post flyers for all sorts of things around the mailboxes) or anything asking for info or notifying us about the situation.

Hi Cindi, thanks! I can't believe I hadn't found this site before. I found it while searching for info on Dana Boshell over the weekend, and was entertained to see that there were other people doing/finding all of the same info I was! Awesome!

Sorry about the link, not sure what happened there, but that's how I found her as well when I first went to it. I've lived here almost 3 years, it's a quiet, friendly neighborhood. I jokingly dubbed it "Melrose Place" because of how social everyone is. Most places I've lived you barely get to know your neighbors more than a casual hi/bye as you pass them outside, but here I've become friends with many of the residents. I don't believe I've ever seen her here, nor do I know anyone that knew her. I'm curious to know how long she'd lived here, but since she's more than likely a renter there's no info on that. I saw where someone had commented on a FB post (via one of the missing persons pages) that she seemed down when they'd see her around.

I've never been aware of major crimes occurring at any location I've lived, so I was pretty surprised to see there was a missing person that lived here. Can't believe there haven't been any flyers (management & residents post flyers for all sorts of things around the mailboxes) or anything asking for info or notifying us about the situation.

I don't believe she's lived there very long either. She seems to have been in Sarasota/Venice area for some time.

I live close to this and saw her missing poster at the same gas station last night and had no clue someone was missing in my area so came on here to get more info I hope she is found soon!

More info http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...cles/bn9/2012/10/26/deputies_hillsboroug.html

--
Deputies are looking for a Hillsborough County woman “missing under suspicious circumstances.”

According to the sheriff’s office, Dana Boshell’s family reported her missing on October 22.

Gloria Barich said she usually talked to Boshell, 38, every few days but no one in the family has seen or heard from her since the Fourth of July.

Barich said Boshell spent the day at her brother's house in Orlando with a male friend.

The Hillsborough County sheriff's office says that friend said they drove back to Boshell’s place in Tampa and he dropped her off.

"She has a very active checking account, banking account that has not been touched, zero activity since July 4th which is extremely unusual for her,” said HCSO spokesperson Larry McKinnon. “We know that in her apartment, all her clothes were there, all her personal belongings were there so it appears she's just plainly dropped off the face of the earth."

Barich said it's not like her daughter to disappear. She said at first they thought she might just be staying with friends but as time passed, they grew more concerned.

"It's just that mother's instinct that tells me something is wrong here because if she hadn't called me in three days I would go ‘Dana hasn't called me. There's something unusual here," she said.

more at link....

So she was visiting the brother, with a male friend.

Well, I just don't get it. Her family seems to keep in touch with her, her mother usually talks to her every few days, but no one has seen or spoken to her since July.... but she's not reported missing until Oct.???? Is it just me, or does this not make any sense?
And this b/f says he dropped her off, but doesn't know where she is?? I mean, if you're dating someone and go to visit family with them, but that person kind of vanishes, don't you start to get a little worried, start calling family or friends, maybe??
Something ain't right here.

So who's been paying her bills since July? Surely the landlord wouldn't let bills go unpaid for so long. and what about the other typical monthly bills? No one noticed they weren't paid either? She works as a bartender and no one noticed she didn't show up for work and no mentioned it? This whole story is a very odd one.

I'm local-ish too, and this is the first I'm reading or hearing about Dana. I don't watch local news much but sometimes will watch WTSP channel 10, where the screen grab posted on the previous page was from. I read Sarasota and Tampa newspapers online but if her story has been published it hasn't been front and center.

ITA with everyone that the whole thing is very odd. I understand not talking to family regularly or having contact with the outside world for the most part but 3 1/2 months?? For a young woman? I should've multi - quoted a number of posts but I'm just winging it because I rushed through the thread hoping to find some definitive news at the end.

Re-asking some of what's been asked ... no boss, no co-workers at the bar(s) called or stopped by? What's the deal with the boyfriend - cleared? Alibi? POI? Anything? Did she have any medical issues? Sorry if I missed this but did she relocate to Sarasota/Venice?

Going back to re-read thread and links.

More info http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...cles/bn9/2012/10/26/deputies_hillsboroug.html

--
The Hillsborough County sheriff's office says that friend said they drove back to Boshell’s place in Tampa and he dropped her off.

"She has a very active checking account, banking account that has not been touched, zero activity since July 4th which is extremely unusual for her,” said HCSO spokesperson Larry McKinnon. “We know that in her apartment, all her clothes were there, all her personal belongings were there so it appears she's just plainly dropped off the face of the earth."

Barich said it's not like her daughter to disappear. She said at first they thought she might just be staying with friends but as time passed, they grew more concerned.

"It's just that mother's instinct that tells me something is wrong here because if she hadn't called me in three days I would go ‘Dana hasn't called me. There's something unusual here," she said.

BBM .... Perhaps for my own clarity: they need to get to the bottom of the male friend/boyfriend. No? He was the last to see her. He said he dropped her off at her apartment on the way home from her brother's in Orlando. Did anyone ever see her after she was dropped off to confirm his story/timeline? Whether he's a POI or not, it would be nice to have that out of the way or at least addressed. If he's a POI /suspect, it would be helpful to see if the public can put them together at a given point on or after July 4th.

What route did they take driving back from Orlando to Tampa? Any highways with cameras to see if she was in the front seat? The poster who lives in the same neighborhood as Dana, are there cameras in or around the neighborhood?

Also strikes me as odd for the mom to say if she didn't talk to the daughter for three days, it was unusual. And they went three months? What's going on here???

Going to your link I didnt see anything but then I clicked the search button and found this
http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00028295/00782/58?search=boshell

I clicked this which brought me to Venice Gondolier article from June 2010, light hearted article about her bartending at a local pub. I can place it exactly. Never been but it looks hole-in-the-wall-ish (from the outside), not bad or anything. It's in a strip mall. I have no idea if she still works there or is living in Venice /SRQ. I did check out the pub's facebook page to see if they made any mention of her being missing and I didn't see anything.

BBM .... Perhaps for my own clarity: they need to get to the bottom of the male friend/boyfriend. No? He was the last to see her. He said he dropped her off at her apartment on the way home from her brother's in Orlando. Did anyone ever see her after she was dropped off to confirm his story/timeline? Whether he's a POI or not, it would be nice to have that out of the way or at least addressed. If he's a POI /suspect, it would be helpful to see if the public can put them together at a given point on or after July 4th.

What route did they take driving back from Orlando to Tampa? Any highways with cameras to see if she was in the front seat? The poster who lives in the same neighborhood as Dana, are there cameras in or around the neighborhood?

Also strikes me as odd for the mom to say if she didn't talk to the daughter for three days, it was unusual. And they went three months? What's going on here???

I clicked this which brought me to Venice Gondolier article from June 2010, light hearted article about her bartending at a local pub. I can place it exactly. Never been but it looks hole-in-the-wall-ish (from the outside), not bad or anything. It's in a strip mall. I have no idea if she still works there or is living in Venice /SRQ. I did check out the pub's facebook page to see if they made any mention of her being missing and I didn't see anything.

Lotus...I agree with you. Nothing adds up. Going 3+ months without reporting her daughter missing is inconsistent with the tv interview where she indicates she talked to her daughter every few days.

I'm really disgusted with the lack of attention being paid to this case. I am the poster that lives in the same complex as Dana and I've still yet to see or hear anything about a missing tenant. I've also looked through the web to see if there have been any updates and haven't found anything. I understand people intentionally go missing all of the time but with her bank account activity going from being high activity to ZERO activity it seems this should be more at the forefront since that is a sign of foul play.

I don't understand why there's still so little information out there. I don't see how the bf wouldn't still be a POI, and if he has been cleared they should update the public (since HCSO is asking for the public's help). Sounds like he was the last person to see her. Doesn't make sense why he didn't report her missing...seems very suspect.

In regards to your question about cameras around the community she lived in...I am only 100% aware of cameras at the pool area. However, I also believe there is a camera at the gated entrance. Maybe that tape is on a loop or something so by the time she was reported missing the video was already taped over. This could also be the case with many businesses cameras that may have caught a glimpse of her, or the car, back in July.

Lotus...I agree with you. Nothing adds up. Going 3+ months without reporting her daughter missing is inconsistent with the tv interview where she indicates she talked to her daughter every few days.

I'm really disgusted with the lack of attention being paid to this case. I am the poster that lives in the same complex as Dana and I've still yet to see or hear anything about a missing tenant. I've also looked through the web to see if there have been any updates and haven't found anything. I understand people intentionally go missing all of the time but with her bank account activity going from being high activity to ZERO activity it seems this should be more at the forefront since that is a sign of foul play.

I don't understand why there's still so little information out there. I don't see how the bf wouldn't still be a POI, and if he has been cleared they should update the public (since HCSO is asking for the public's help). Sounds like he was the last person to see her. Doesn't make sense why he didn't report her missing...seems very suspect.

In regards to your question about cameras around the community she lived in...I am only 100% aware of cameras at the pool area. However, I also believe there is a camera at the gated entrance. Maybe that tape is on a loop or something so by the time she was reported missing the video was already taped over. This could also be the case with many businesses cameras that may have caught a glimpse of her, or the car, back in July.

Everything I'm going to write here is going to start with either "I totally agree with you" and/or "I don't understand" so bear with me!

Yesterday I did a search of the Herald-Tribune (online) and there was NOTHING about her being missing. There were three little blurbs about traffic violations or insignificant things from years and years ago. They are pretty consistent in reporting about crime, missing people, etc. I believe she was reported missing 3 weeks ago today and of course hasn't been seen since July 4th. (Here I go...) I don't understand how this is being handled in terms of the public.

They've made it clear that she disappeared under suspicious circumstances. The info on the bank activity, nothing missing in the apartment. Her mom is now concerned, clearly. But there is almost nothing anywhere to go on.

Nothing about her car being missing or still in the parking lot, cell phone whereabouts or activity, did she make any significant withdrawls on her account before July 4th before the activity stopped? One would think your neighborhood would have seen some police activity... I haven't heard or seen anything down further south where I am. With all the lost time, why isn't her face and story being sent out to all of the local news stations and papers?

Are they considering that she disappeared on her own? In the three weeks, who have they interviewed? Who have they cleared? Do they need the public's help on ANYTHING, given we're talking about 3 1/2 - 4 months of this woman being unaccounted for? Is there anything to indicate there was foul play anywhere? Like you posted before, how did these months pass without rent or monthly bills getting paid? Was she working? Did she have doctor's appointments? Did she talk to neighbors, friends, anyone?? What was the state of her relationship with the boyfriend? Was she still working at bars? Was she down in near/Venice or Sarasota or permanently up in the Tampa area? If she was a bartender, are they looking into history with co-workers and patrons? When was she last seen? Where was she last seen?

These are just some of the questions I have off the top of my head. I'm sure they've checked with local businesses and I can't be certain but it would surprise me if most businesses keep 3+ months of surviellance tapes, as you said I think they loop much more frequently than that.

"Barich said Boshell spent the day at her brother's house in Orlando with a male friend."

So she was visiting the brother, with a male friend.

IMO- The "Boyfriend" may simply be a boy and a friend. ( see above quote ) She may have asked a friend to go with her to her brother's July 4th party- maybe she simply did not want to go alone. And she is at least separated, if not divorced. We are missing some players, some answers- and many months. I think some important info may be found in the months before July.

Map: http://goo.gl/maps/5UbpC

Map of the area where body was found. Body being found without clothing suggests either a female or the clothing was taken by some or one of the homeless that are in the area. Strange that people are living back in there and didn't KNOW about the body?

This case is very sad and maddening at the same time. No one was concerned enough in 3 months to find out anything about this woman? Sensing there may be more addiction problems in the family that just poor Dana. Was the male accompaning her to her brothers a true bf she had been seeing for awhile or just a friend? She seemed to be living on the edge with the drugs, alcohol and pills, but yet was very functional in returning to school, had her apt and was working from the 2010 article. People with her addiction problems can change their minds and lives in an instant and who knows where or what she was doing by July of '12.

Any news on what was found in the court case of 2012?

Anyone know who the male is in the pic on her FB page?

Imagine LE are not feeling obligated to press her story in the media if family wasn't/isn't. IMO

:furious:

Authorities Asking for Help to Find Missing Bay Area Woman, Disappeeared July 4th
October 26, 2012

video interview with Dana's mom: http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/279894/8/Authorities-Asking-for-Help-to-Find-Missing-Bay-Area-Woman

(Gloria calls the guy she was last with at her bro's - Dana's bf)

IMO- The "Boyfriend" may simply be a boy and a friend. ( see above quote ) She may have asked a friend to go with her to her brother's July 4th party- maybe she simply did not want to go alone. And she is at least separated, if not divorced. We are missing some players, some answers- and many months. I think some important info may be found in the months before July.

Everytime I try to multi-quote posts it gets screwed up, so let's see if this works.

In the video link (wtsp) the Det. and her mother both do say "boyfriend" multiple times, which I take to be significant other.. because they both used that term and more than once. But you're right-- we're missing just about everything here.

Det. McKinnon: "This case really concerns us because this woman basically has dropped off the face of the earth"

I'm concerned too!!! Where is Dana??

Map: http://goo.gl/maps/5UbpC

Map of the area where body was found. Body being found without clothing suggests either a female or the clothing was taken by some or one of the homeless that are in the area. Strange that people are living back in there and didn't KNOW about the body?

<snipped>

:furious:

TY for the map. Per a basic google maps direction search using your map and the address of her apartment complex (10003 Courtney Palms Boulevard, Tampa, FL, 33619), it's about a half an hour drive her the apts to the area where the body was found. Looks very easy on, easy off I-75.

Hopefully they'll be able to make an ID and find answers for the family of whoever this lost soul is.

TY for the map. Per a basic google maps direction search using your map and the address of her apartment complex (10003 Courtney Palms Boulevard, Tampa, FL, 33619), it's about a half an hour drive her the apts to the area where the body was found. Looks very easy on, easy off I-75.

Hopefully they'll be able to make an ID and find answers for the family of whoever this lost soul is.

When I go to Seminole Hard Rock I go right by there. I head up 54 to take 1/75. Coming back from Disney I go that way too. If you are headed north and exit 75 on 54 you would go right by that road.

There is another woman missing named Linda as noted by Bern on this thread and she disappeared about a half mile from where the remains where found. Plus as Cubby said on the other persons thread there is a homeless camp in that area too. I wish there was more news on this doe.

Everytime I try to multi-quote posts it gets screwed up, so let's see if this works.

In the video link (wtsp) the Det. and her mother both do say "boyfriend" multiple times, which I take to be significant other.. because they both used that term and more than once. But you're right-- we're missing just about everything here.

Det. McKinnon: "This case really concerns us because this woman basically has dropped off the face of the earth"

I'm concerned too!!! Where is Dana??

Thank you for transcribing what was said in the video- I am hearing impaired- so usually miss what is said and / or I just end up ignoring the clip - unless I can find a transcript or one of my awesome scannerettes from downstairs transcribes for me...especially bad are the voice overs- as I can't read their lips :) I was going by print media...

Thank you for transcribing what was said in the video- I am hearing impaired- so usually miss what is said and / or I just end up ignoring the clip - unless I can find a transcript or one of my awesome scannerettes from downstairs transcribes for me...especially bad are the voice overs- as I can't read their lips :) I was going by print media...

I totally understand. I can't process or remember anything unless I type it out, highlight it or jot it down.. in which case it then gets stamped in my mind. I have notebooks and stickies all over the place -it's a little excessive, but colorful! Let me know if you need another transcriber, I have a new notebook just sittin' around :great:

It's probably too early for anything to come back on the remains found in the woods.

Any chance HCSO will put out more info soon? They want the public's help and the public wants to help... everyone is silent! Car? Cell phone? Usual suspects interviewed/cleared? Anything? It's so frustrating!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back