Fl Death Row

KC will never see Death Row.
Im going to share something that I dont normally talk about. I know, testified in court for a man facing DP. I was completely shocked that I even knew anyone who could be in this position. But I was there and had to deal with it. He took my car in order to committ the murder, kidnap 2 children, attempt to murder the childrens grandparents and a whole slew of other charges. The murder weapon,gun and bullets were in my car. His children were at my house playing with my child while he met up with his girlfriend, I was clueless!!! I was in it deep and fully cooperated... Anyway his sentence was Death, 2 life terms plus 10 years. Some years later I had to go thru the whole nightmare again at his appeal, which his DP was overturned and now he is serving 3 lifeterms plus 10 (I believe, dont quote me)

IMO KC will never go to death, she will never see death row. After he was released from Death Row, I received many calls from this man, who said he forgave me (whatever) and asked for money to be put into his account so he could go to commecary (sp) He had access to a tv in his cell, a full library, phones, full medical and was working on his college degree while there. He even had a hot plate so he could heat up his Raman Noodles... So ya know what.. I feel very little sympathy for KC about DP or jail...

PS, yes I changed my number and now its been many years since I heard from him....

What a horrible situation..
You know, I struggle day in and day out to save for college for my kids, and personally it makes me sick to see those in prison for life getting degree's at the tax payers expense.
:furious:

What a horrible situation..
You know, I struggle day in and day out to save for college for my kids, and personally it makes me sick to see those in prison for life getting degree's at the tax payers expense.
:furious:

I have one little bit of advice for you: NEVER get a student loan.

I'm not for the DP as I don't believe anyone has the right to take another's life. I feel a sadness when I see or hear about THAT Room and a person being strapped down.

But I snap myself back when I think of their victims !! Did Caylee have any say when this wretch placed a rag over face.
I can see Caylee looking up at Momma trusting and loving her. Still can't understand any one that cold.

But it is what it is as others here have said. She really is a danger to society, if you can kill your child, you can kill anyone !!
If FL's figures stay true to form, she won't live past the age 40. And she is probably so pi##ed that she can't get out to party or act like a rock star anymore.
What the hell planet is she from, thinking AL would want to talk to her once she was arrested. Or even before that, with her mother's remark to him and AH calling to tell him to save her check book for her. Her demands about give me AL's no. from her first jail house phone calls are laughable really. :behindbar

This is reality. Sickening, but reality. As real as finding the skeletal remains (if we're lucky) of a little 3 year old girl. She had to face a reality no human should have to face, and at the hand of one she loved and trusted. Casey made a choice that puts her in a position to possibly face the harsh reality of a lethal injection. No matter how despicable we may think Casey is, it will be gut wrenching to think of her Mom, Dad and Brother standing there watching this take place. I wouldn't want to face my Maker with that innocent blood on my hands.

There are no winners here. But there will be justice.

If Casey is found guilty, I wonder if she ever thought through the penalty, before committing the crime?

I can remember when I was only around 11 years old, a mobile crime bus came to our area. Not only did it have an actual electric chair that you could get right up to and touch, it had all the prisoner's pictures who had been executed in it posted above the chair. It was a harsh fact of life my parents took me to see, one that I will never forget. Guess what, it made me realize how terrifying it could be to break the law and the consequences of it. I NEVER, EVER thought of breaking the law after seeing that electric chair and pictures. It put the scare of God in me to say the least.

No....more than likely she didn't think about the penalty......she thought she had committed the perfect crime, and would never get caught. And when she did get caught, she thought she could just tell one lie after another, and everyone would believe what she said.

I was on submarines for several years. There's a LOT more room in the death chamber than anywhere on a submarine (except the reactor compartment...and hanging out in there for any length of time is unpleasant!). Even the gurney looks more comfortable than the bunks we had to sleep in. Of course, they did let us OUT of the submarine...so I'll take that option any day!

I'm against the death penalty, but for my own selfish reason. It costs more to put someone to death, counting appeals & all the crap after sentencing, than it does to just warehouse their sorry butt until they die of natural or unnatural causes. Use that money for something better, like getting the drugs off the streets (which in turn will reduce the number of people on death row in the first place!!!) and just let the inmates suffer for the rest of their lives with the memory of what they did to get there. Hell...paint a mural of their victims on the ceiling of the cell, so that is the last thing they see before they go to sleep at night, and the first thing they see when they wake up. KC can see a pile of bones and a picture of Caylee painted on her ceiling for the next 60 years or so. (OK, so I'm cruel. Sue me.)

I'm pro-DP but I don't know how I feel about it in this case. I'm all for taking her out back and ending it now, if it's proven (without a shadow of a doubt) that she is in fact responsible for Caylee's death (and I believe she is). However, I would like to think that Gen Pop would be better suited for her. She wouldn't be holed up in a little cell protected from all the other women who are in there - not for killing an innocent 2-year old. They don't like baby killers in prison. And this case has received enough notoriety that they would all know who KC is. She should have to live with what she has done and let it eat away at her. I like the idea of painting the ceilings...grand idea!

<respectfully snipped>

Back in the day, Florida (along with Texas) was really known for giving and enforcing the DP. For instance, that is why people wondered why Bundy came here after all this killing elsewhere when he certainly knew if he got caught *here* he would be executed. And he was...Old Sparky acted up on his death too. I don't know how many people were executed with that electric chair after Bundy, but that chair certainly was not 100% reliable.

I know someone who was present as a witness at the execution of Bundy. He said it was gruesome (he explained it to me) but he enjoyed watching it - having known what Bundy did to all the women he murdered.

No....more than likely she didn't think about the penalty......she thought she had committed the perfect crime, and would never get caught. And when she did get caught, she thought she could just tell one lie after another, and everyone would believe what she said.

Yep, being held accountable for her actions is not something that is a reality in Casey's previous life.

I think she will possibly face the death penalty. More likely if they find the body (though a florida jury recently came back with a death penalty recommendation in a no body case, the judge has not sentenced yet). If it wasn't in Florida, I would think the odds were greatly reduced that she would face the DP.

I am for the dp in theory, but the way we go about it and the costs and the appeals and the attention they get I think outweighs the theoritical justice/benefits. My original thesis plan for graduate school was going to involve the death penalties effect on the victim's family, and compare how families of murder victims whose perps were sentenced without the possibility of parole faired longterm against the families that then went thru 15 years of appeals, scheduled dates, stays, clemency hearings, etc... before being done with the court portion of the tragedy. Compare divorce rates, suicide rates, longterm depression, etc...

The way we do it I am not sure who it benefits, if anyone, but then I think some of these people don't deserve to breath.

Custody Grades

(a) Each inmate shall be placed in one of the five custody grades: community, minimum, medium, close or maximum.
(b) Information from all available sources shall be used to complete an automated custody Classification Questionnaire. The questionnaire shall reflect the degree of supervision appropriate for the inmate.
(c) The result of completing an automated questionnaire shall be a computer generated numerical score or status custody for the inmate. A status custody is the automatic placement into one of the five custody grades based upon an inmate’s sentence, criminal history, time remaining to serve, and other classification factors reflected on the automated custody questionnaire.
(d) The custody grade resulting from an inmate’s score may be modified if circumstances indicate the need for an exception. The specific reason for the modification shall be explained in the automated system. Reasons for increasing or decreasing the custody grade might, in appropriate cases, include one of the following comments with proper explanation:
1. Charge reduced as a result of plea bargaining.
2. Charge dropped as a result of plea bargaining.
3. Other active/inactive commitments.
4. Commitment includes mandatory or retained jurisdiction provisions.
5. Community and public interest concerns (i.e., judge’s or prosecutor’s recommendation, victim/victim family interest, legislative inquiry, law enforcement interest, executive inquiry, personal notoriety, case notoriety, etc.).
a. Family environment (no family ties; strong family ties; married/head of household; crime history in family; family desertion, family transience, etc.).
b. Military record.
6. Community supervision record.
7. Status prior to sentencing (i.e., high bond, bond forfeiture, release on bond, jail adjustment, etc.).
8. Offender age.
9. Physical or mental health status.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/inmates/cm.html#1

what s/he said.

I oppose the death penalty. (lately I have started feeling severe abuses to children should possibl...but that is my moral issue....)

She wont get the DP. They will use it to make her tell where the body is.

eta: thank you for posting the info. it is interesting if a bit hard to think about.

I think that's what will happen, too.

No, Casey is anti-death penalty, as evidenced by the images on her computer, because she knew she could be facing it!

Hoping someone can answer this. I understand she will go to court on the fraud charges in Nov. If she is found guilty & sentenced, will she go to a regular prison OR will she remain in county lock up until the murder case goes to trial.
Thanks

Hoping someone can answer this. I understand she will go to court on the fraud charges in Nov. If she is found guilty & sentenced, will she go to a regular prison OR will she remain in county lock up until the murder case goes to trial.
Thanks

It would depend on her sentence for those charges. Sentenced under a year do their time in county.

IMHO its highly unlikely Casey will get the death penatly with the evidence they have. Dont worry whatever happens some justice will prevail.
But my main concern is wanting them to find Caylee, so the grandparents and everyone whose lives Casey has destroyed can move on and have closure.

Does anyone know how often a person in Casey's situation - sitting in jail, charged with murder, awaiting trial - ever breaks down and confesses to the crime?

Does anyone know how often a person in Casey's situation - sitting in jail, charged with murder, awaiting trial - ever breaks down and confesses to the crime?

I don't know of any specific data to answer your question, but we've all heard of many defendants who incriminate themselves while speaking with other inmates, particularly cellmates. Personally, I wish Casey wasn't in isolated confinement, because I imagine she would say something to incriminate herself while talking with her cellmate, if she had one.

I don't know of any specific data to answer your question, but we've all heard of many defendants who incriminate themselves while speaking with other inmates, particularly cellmates. Personally, I wish Casey wasn't in isolated confinement, because I imagine she would say something to incriminate herself while talking with her cellmate, if she had one.

That's very true about the cellmate! Good point. I was thinking with the way she isn't allowing visits with the family, and now the minister coming to talk to her, that she may be considering confessing. It's a longggg shot, I know...but I was thinking those things could possibly be pointing in that direction.

That's very true about the cellmate! Good point. I was thinking with the way she isn't allowing visits with the family, and now the minister coming to talk to her, that she may be considering confessing. It's a longggg shot, I know...but I was thinking those things could possibly be pointing in that direction.

I hope you're right-- with a lot of defendants, those would be signs a confession could be forthcoming. I just don't think that's Casey's bag. I think she doesn't take visits from her family bc they are all obsessed with being monitored and she probably talks to clergy so she can talk about herself :furious:-- this is why she so needs a cellmate...

No, Casey is anti-death penalty, as evidenced by the images on her computer, because she knew she could be facing it!

Okay, on another thread, the Casey renting movies thread, I just read that Casey posted the anti-DP images in July- this is after Caylee died, not before, which supports what I'm saying, it's not politics in her case, it's personal!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back