FL FL - Dori Myers, 44, St Lucie County, 11 Jan 2006

That story of just returning from Iraq sounds familiar. I remember having a conversation with two guys in my store that went like that. They admitted they were just telling people that after some conversation and said they were down here working, this part i can't remember, either drywall or roofers, either to the south or a little to the north. I wish I could remember.

Search for missing Lakewood Park woman in high gear

February 3, 2006
By TYLER TREADWAY

ORT PIERCE — More than three weeks after Dori Ann Myers disappeared from her Lakewood Park home, her family is still hoping for her return.
"But it's hard, very hard," said Donajean Kapp, Myers' sister who also lives in Lakewood Park. "Three weeks is way too long. Everybody is hanging in there, but we're devastated."

Believing Myers, 44, was abducted from her home at 8401 Salerno Road early Jan. 11 just as the house was set on fire, authorities are looking for two men — one white, one believed to be Hispanic or American Indian — seen with her at the St. Lucie Inn, a bar at 2102 N. Old Dixie Highway north of Fort Pierce, the night before the fire.
"Getting (Myers) back alive, that's our ultimate goal," said St. Lucie County Sheriff Ken Mascara, "but each day that goes by is bad news in that regard."

Mascara said his office has sent out state and national "be on the lookout" alerts for both the suspects and Myers; deputies have gotten lots of calls about possible sightings of the two men, but none has panned out.

Continued:

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/artic...4437538,00.html

fourboys said:
12xSuspect_1-2746_o.jpg
12xSuspect_2-2748_o.jpg

Sketch of suspects from: http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_4383105,00.html

I think the first suspect drawing looks a lot like the suspect drawing in the Johnia Berry case.

TIME goes on and nothing has surfaced on Dori's disappearance. The last thing I read was the Sheriff saying the only way they would catch these two was if they tried it again or if they told somebody about it.
I really don't have much confidence after hearing that statement.

Beyond Belief said:
TIME goes on and nothing has surfaced on Dori's disappearance. The last thing I read was the Sheriff saying the only way they would catch these two was if they tried it again or if they told somebody about it.
I really don't have much confidence after hearing that statement.
BeyondBelief,

I can't help but think that there is some connection to the two young people found dead in the burning car in Okeechobee. That case got hardly any news coverage at all. I sent several emails to different sources and never received a reply from any of them. Just to much of a coincidence imo to not be related.

I agree. I also can't help but think they were the two hanging around our mall in west vero the same night she went missing.

Bumping for Dori.

I really am concerned that I never discussed the two I saw in the area the time she went missing. I have gotten involved with a minor case where I will be talking to detectives and will relay some information about Dori's case at the same time. I feel so terrible, but feel like its just my imagination. However, I did see the same twice and a vehicle they were close too which I know can be traced because it was parked in a place officers would have checked out for three days. I hope I can help.

Vigil continues for missing Lakewood Park woman

VERO BEACH — Family members and friends of Dori Ann Myers sat in tents under the broiling sun at a flea market on U.S. 1 in Vero Beach on Friday, holding up photos of Myers and hoping media attention will lead to her discovery.
Myers, 44, who grew up in Vero Beach, is one of thousands of people who go missing annually in the United States, but for her father, Dale Curry of Melbourne, statistics can't lessen the agony he feels for his missing daughter. <snip>

We're not passing up any opportunity to keep Dori's name circulating out there," said Curry, a former pilot for New Piper Aircraft Inc. "Hopefully this will stir up some leads."
Myers, a hair-stylist who lived in Lakewood Park on the northern border of St. Lucie County, disappeared from her home on Salerno Road about 3 a.m. Jan. 11, and her house was set on fire. Myers' car later was found torched at a boat ramp in Glades County.

<snip>

Joining Myers' relatives at the rally was Monica Caison, founder of the Cue Center for Missing Persons, based in Wilmington, N.C., and founded in 1994.

The organization included Vero Beach in its "On the Road to Remember" trek, a 15-state tour that winds up next week in North Carolina, after Kapp contacted the organization.

Staffed by volunteers and funded by donations, the organization is conducting its third annual multistate tour to highlight the plight of missing persons. "The families left behind are all devastated," Caison said. "They look to us to find out what to do and how to do it."

more at the link: http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_4781762,00.html

LAKEWOOD PARK — A year isn't long enough to make a case turn cold; not for Donajean Kapp. She hasn't given up searching for her sister, Dori Ann Myers, who disappeared Jan. 11, 2006, as her home burned down.

"I keep her in my heart every day," said Kapp. "I know that a lot of time has passed, but I'm not going to consider her gone until the police tell me that."
And St. Lucie County Sheriff's detectives say they're not ready give up their search for Myers either.

"It's still an active investigation," said Detective Mike Sumner. "We're still following active leads. It's not a cold case."

Authorities originally thought Myers, 44, might have been involved in setting the fire that seriously damaged her home at 8401 Salerno Road in Lakewood Park; they later determined that she had been abducted by the arsonists. "Every day I think about her," said Kapp, a Vero Beach resident. (Myers, the former Dori Ann Curry, also grew up in Vero Beach.) "I really don't know any more today that I did a year ago. It seems that every time you take two steps forward, you take 10 steps back."

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_5270969,00.html

Thanks for the update beyond belief. Hard to believe that a year has passed since Dori went missing.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

FORT PIERCE — One year after a Lakewood Park woman disappeared in what investigators believe was an abduction, a judge this morning granted her family's request to legally declare her dead.

But, her father and mother said they have not given up hope that her case will be solved. Dori Ann Myers, who grew up in Vero Beach and was also known as Dori Ann Curry, disappeared Jan. 11, 2006. Her house was set on fire, and her car was found torched in Glades County.

<snip>

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2007/01/17/0117lakewood.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back