FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another scenario keeps going through my mind. What if the perp/s were in the house already (either because they had keys/passcode or someone who had legitimate reason to have them gave them keys/passcode) when Dr. Sievers arrived home, but weren't expecting her. They could have been sleeping in the house - maybe even a teenager taking the opportunity to use the house as a party pad while family was gone. They are passed out in one bedrooms (not Dr. Sievers) and don't hear her arrive home. She goes to bed and doesn't check all the rooms.

In the morning, as Dr. Sievers is getting started with her day, either she finds them, or they hear her. There could be confusion either way with her demanding to know what the heck they are doing, or someone thinking the other is a burglar and lashing out with the hammer. An unstable person, once started, might panic. Then they break the lock on the door to cover up the fact that they had access to the house.

This is similar to other possibilities discussed here, but I just have trouble imagining someone breaking in at 5am.

i like your theory , i started pondering that very idea myself last night , but i do wonder if it was sort of an incident caused by being startled and confused why is it still at a stand still and radio silence , maybe that is possible for what happened and the police went in wrong direction now there heading in this direct and releasing no info till they get there info together and in order JMO, i guess it leaves room for our brains to hash out more theories and things while we wait.

Was reading this old story from NBC 2 news about neighbors searching for answers.
http://www.winknews.com/2015/06/30/neighbors-desperate-for-answers-in-doctors-murder/ARGO S.*

Below the story are comments posted by readers asking why neighbors did not call police if they heard screams, etc. What do you make of Cheryl's comment that Dr. S life could have been saved if they called police when killer asked about entry into her house without [Dr. S.] knowing about it? Sounds like perp had been asking that question of the neighbors!

JUL 01, 2015 - 08:40 AM
Why in heaven’s name, didn’t someone hearing screams call 911 immediately. You could have saved her life. Teresa was an outstanding mum, wife, friend and she helped preserve our planet in her day to day life. This is a monumental loss.

CHERYL*
JUL 23, 2015 - 08:00 PM
Better yet, why when the killer asked if there was entry into her house, without her knowing about it, didn’t they call the police? Both of these instances could have saved her life.
I just hope and pray that this murder does not go unsolved, and he gets away with it. Justice must be served.

the link has been taken down so i haven't gotten to read the whole thing , hmm it does seem odd either Cheryl got her wires crossed and said killer instead of police or there's more speculation or something going on somewhere we haven't herd about , it is making me wonder now and more curious gonna be thinking about all day now

Good morning!

I really hope we see an arrest soon! I've been following since the beginning but have not commented up until now.

I think the killer is someone known to TS. I'm sort of thrown off by the weapon choice. I wonder if another weapon or method was originally attempted (strangulation for example) but was unsuccessful and the hammer was used as a last resort because it happened to be sitting there.

I've always thought it to be possible that the item used to open that door was a pry bar -aka wonder bar, wrecking bar, etc .... I know people call them different things. Ours is 12 inches but I found them on Home Depot's website in many sizes between 7.5 inches and 42 inches. It's a pretty common tool.

the link has been taken down so i haven't gotten to read the whole thing , hmm it does seem odd either Cheryl got her wires crossed and said killer instead of police or there's more speculation or something going on somewhere we haven't herd about , it is making me wonder now and more curious gonna be thinking about all day now

You all are probably correct that Cheryl was mistaken and was thinking of when LE asked neighbors how they would get in to Dr. S. house and avoid the motion detector lights.

Agree that it was probably someone known by Dr. S. Still keep going back to her sister's comment in reference to whom she thought would have done it. She said something along the lines of she could not comment on that BUT Teresa always spoke the truth and some people don't like the truth. I think that statement holds the key.

Agree that it was probably someone known by Dr. S. Still keep going back to her sister's comment in reference to whom she thought would have done it. She said something along the lines of she could not comment on that BUT Teresa always spoke the truth and some people don't like the truth. I think that statement holds the key.[/QUOTE]

AGREE ! So, please let us think up examples of when somebody 'speaks the truth' and that rubs some of the other people wrong. I can't think of anything (too early in morning, meebee...) but don't you think it could mean that somebody in her office was really mad & hated somebody else in the office & complained that that person 'had to go', and Dr. Sievers stood up for that person, so the person stayed, and on & on the one person in the office was fuming & enraged & 'couldn't take it no more' ??? So, Dr Sievers gets home, and that person from the office is so dang mad that they won't let another week even begin with the person they don't like in the office.

<modsnip>

I would NOT guess Sievers' hubby, cuz' staff would know No Way could they criticize him to Sievers.

Good morning!

I really hope we see an arrest soon! I've been following since the beginning but have not commented up until now.

I think the killer is someone known to TS. I'm sort of thrown off by the weapon choice. I wonder if another weapon or method was originally attempted (strangulation for example) but was unsuccessful and the hammer was used as a last resort because it happened to be sitting there.

I've always thought it to be possible that the item used to open that door was a pry bar -aka wonder bar, wrecking bar, etc .... I know people call them different things. Ours is 12 inches but I found them on Home Depot's website in many sizes between 7.5 inches and 42 inches. It's a pretty common tool.

YES! I question if DR Sievers was really killed by a hammer or another tool.

Let's assume for arguments sake, a hammer was indeed used to attack Dr Sievers:

If a hammer could not have been used to pry open the door but a hammer had been identified as being the murder weapon, then the hammer would have most likely been found inside the house. Otherwise they would not have come to the conclusion. The hammer would also consolidate the evidence of the crime scene with the evidence of that crime weapon.

1. Home Invasion/Burglary

If the perpetrator used his own tool to break the side door lock open, for example a tire iron like Makayla suggested, then he would carry that tool with him at all times and take it back out with him, so the tool could not be traced back to him. With the tool he brought in his hands he either breaks his way through the utility room/garage connection door, or that door was unlocked and he could just access and walk into the house through the 2 doors in front of him (additional door between utility room and kitchen), or the attack happened right then. He would still have the tool he brought with him in his hand and would most likely use it. Dr Sievers may have picked up the hammer, she is very short. Not easy to fight off her attacker. The unsub manages to take possession of the hammer and bludgeoned her to death.
OR, Dr Sievers was not killed with a hammer. The attacker tries to fight her off and injures her gravely. He uses his own tool to bludgeoned her to death.

2. Staged event

Dr Sievers was killed first. In an effort to reengineer the crime scene , the stager is trying to establish that a burglar broke into the house and killed Dr Sievers. At this time the doctor is diseased. She was killed in some way ( either by hammer or differently and the hammer was used to cover up possible evidence). He realizes he cannot use the hammer to break open the door and stage a burglary, because the hammer is already tied to the scene of attack. So he uses another tool to pry open the door. Creating the crime scene backwards will result in many possible mistakes regarding the evidence. Where is the second tool?

-Nin

YES! I question if DR Sievers was really killed by a hammer or another tool.

Let's assume for arguments sake, a hammer was indeed used to attack Dr Sievers:

If a hammer could not have been used to pry open the door but a hammer had been identified as being the murder weapon, then the hammer would have most likely been found inside the house. Otherwise they would not have come to the conclusion. The hammer would also consolidate the evidence of the crime scene with the evidence of that crime weapon.

1. Home Invasion/Burglary

If the perpetrator used his own tool to break the side door lock open, for example a tire iron like Makayla suggested, then he would carry that tool with him at all times and take it back out with him, so the tool could not be traced back to him. With the tool he brought in his hands he either breaks his way through the utility room/garage connection door, or that door was unlocked and he could just access and walk into the house through the 2 doors in front of him (additional door between utility room and kitchen), or the attack happened right then. He would still have the tool he brought with him in his hand and would most likely use it. Dr Sievers may have picked up the hammer, she is very short. Not easy to fight off her attacker. The unsub manages to take possession of the hammer and bludgeoned her to death.
OR, Dr Sievers was not killed with a hammer. The attacker tries to fight her off and injures her gravely. He uses his own tool to bludgeoned her to death.

2. Staged event

Dr Sievers was killed first. In an effort to reengineer the crime scene , the stager is trying to establish that a burglar broke into the house and killed Dr Sievers. At this time the doctor is diseased. She was killed in some way ( either by hammer or differently and the hammer was used to cover up possible evidence). He realizes he cannot use the hammer to break open the door and stage a burglary, because the hammer is already tied to the scene of attack. So he uses another tool to pry open the door. Creating the crime scene backwards will result in many possible mistakes regarding the evidence. Where is the second tool?

-Nin

So many scenarios. All could be possible. I do think that what we learned in the beginning when comments were being made are still the root of this case. I'm confused about the dogs not barking. Did the individual who cared for the dogs in their absence go to the house or keep them? Was this the red car that was spoke of? Were the cries at 6:00 am really coming from that home? The dogs would surely be going nuts! Isn't it getting light at 6:00 am? Who is going to make this attack when people are starting to move and get ready for work. I have a family member who went for coffee at 6:00, came back and never heard or saw anything. Some info just doesn't make sense to me. I feel someone was there that she knew, she let them in, an argument ensued that elevated to violence, and either perp or TS grabbed something to defend or attack further. I just don't get the dogs. I feel that even if they were locked up, it's still quiet in the morning hours and someone would have heard dogs. If I'm gone, my dogs are either kenneled or left with someone for care. Maybe she had not brought them home yet after a long flight. If this happened in the evening hours, the perp could surely have taken time to stage the scene and get away without being scene. Possibly parked at the dog park? Well, that's my thought for the day! Enjoy yours :)

I live close to Dr. Sievers home, like Taste of Honey saidquite a few days ago, most houses are built of concrete block, my house is built of concrete block and it is 2 story. If my husband is upstairs I have to call him on his cell phone, because alot of time he can’t hear me.

I was a patient of Dr. S for about 10 years, and so was my father whom I had to take to his appointments with her, so I spoke with her frequently. We both loved her, she was the best doctor ever, she treated us regularly (not holistic), and mentioned from time to time to come to her lectures, I never went to a lecture, wish I had, but when we did not follow her orders on healthy eating, weight loss and exercise, or getting labs done – we got our own private lecture!

Dr. Sievers was very fit, talked fast, walked fast, during the appointment which could last up to an hour, she would type her notes on each patient, while sitting on a ball (for core strength), I don’t recall what that type of chair is but it was really quite impressive. Anyway she was very fit, muscular legs, and she must have had a lot of core strength. When you saw Dr. S in person she was even prettier that she looks in photos, I was truly amazing when she told us her age.

Back to the devastating loss – Dr. S loved her husband and children very much. Mr. S did all the billing and even though she did not take insurance, Mr. S would send coded bills so that you could send them to your insurance and get reimbursed. Mr. S also home taught the girls, etc... Verbatim I don’t recall but, she would infer that they all made a great team. Many, many times during the years the girls would be in the office as well as Mr. S,and in between patients Dr. S would be helping them with their school work or answering questions. Her children are super smart!!

Different scenarios

#1. Dr. Sievers volunteered at Our House, where unwed mothers and children were helped, also victims of sex trafficking and Domestic Violence. Could Dr. Sievers have testified against someone? In this scenario more than likely they would hold a grudge?

#2. Pill Mills– Did Dr. S turn in someone for distributing controlled substances?

<modsnip>

#5. Someone close to Dr. S, knew when she was going and coming back, maybe some knew the alarm code, also knew the dogs, and could have drugged them to get them to be quite.

#6. When Dr. S gets home the perp is already in the house.

Just one of the thoughts that I have had – I’ve never tried to be a sleuth before, but someone needs to catch whomever did this to her, it must be frightening to her husband and children, knowing whoever did this is still out there.

I pray they find the person/persons that did this tosuch a wonderful person.

You all are probably correct that Cheryl was mistaken and was thinking of when LE asked neighbors how they would get in to Dr. S. house and avoid the motion detector lights.

Agree that it was probably someone known by Dr. S. Still keep going back to her sister's comment in reference to whom she thought would have done it. She said something along the lines of she could not comment on that BUT Teresa always spoke the truth and some people don't like the truth. I think that statement holds the key.

yeah its most likely why the took down the interview because the mistake has been realised , way to get us excited tho think we missed something or we are gonna hear something lol i hope we hear something soon and whoever did is caught relatively soon so the family can rest easy and piece together what they can of there lives without it hanging over them.

and yeah with what her sister said it does seem more likely its something personal with someone she knew that lead to her death

Good morning!

I agree! And based on my own hammer experiment I posted that a hammer doesn't work. If anyone checks my computer they will wonder why I was researching things like tire irons! :) Any of those flatter iron tools would work to pry the door open.

I just wish we could hear that they've arrested someone - the family must be so frustrated by now.

i totally agree with you , and at the same time tho all other scenarios and possibilities fit aswell when you play them out in your head strictly because of the very small amount of factual info we have about it so we all seem to go back and forth through every possibility , i really do wish we knew more and hope we hear more soon

I live close to Dr. Sievers home, like Taste of Honey saidquite a few days ago, most houses are built of concrete block, my house isbuilt of concrete block and it is 2 story. If my husband is upstairs I have to call him on his cell phone, because alot of time he can&#8217;t hear me.

I was a patient of Dr. S for about 10 years, and so was myfather whom I had to take to his appointments with her, so I spoke with herfrequently. We both loved her, she wasthe best doctor ever, she treated us regularly (not holistic), and mentionedfrom time to time to come to her lectures, I never went to a lecture, wish Ihad, but when we did not follow her orders on healthy eating, weight loss andexercise, or getting labs done &#8211; well got our own private lecture!

Dr. Sievers was very fit, talked fast, walked fast, duringthe appointment which could last up to an hour, she would type her notes oneach patient, while sitting on a ball (for core strength), I don&#8217;t recall whatthat type of chair is but it was really quite impressive. Anyway he was very fit, muscular legs, andshe must have had a lot of core strength. When you saw Dr. S in person she was even prettier that she looks inphotos, it was truly amazing when she told us her age.

Back to the devastating loss &#8211; Dr. S loved her husband andchildren very much. Mr. S bid all thebilling and even though she did not take insurance, Mr. S would send codedbills so that you could send them to your insurance and get payment. Mr. S also home taught the girls, etc... Verbatim I don&#8217;t recall but, she would inferthat they all made a great team. Many,many times during the years the girls would be in the office as well as Mr. S,and in between patients Dr. S would be helping them with their school work oranswering questions. Her children aresuper smart!!

Different scenarios

#1. Dr. Sievers volunteeredat Our House, where unwed mothers and children were helped, also victims of sextrafficking and Domestic Violence. Could Dr. Sievers have testified against someone,in this scenario and held a grudge?

#2. Pill Mills&#8211; Did Dr. S turn in someone for distributing controlled substances?

#3. What if thedomestic violence person, let&#8217;s say used illegal drugs, that person happened toknow Pill Mill, because that is where he is getting his controlled substances, coincidencesure, but plausible , I would have to think they both might want to hurt her.

#4. The attacker ismore than likely not very sophisticated, as they are always high, probablyneeds money and or controlled substances. Pill Mill fears a hearing with the Dept. of Health, and could facepossible loss of license.

#5. Someone close toDr. S, knew when she was going, maybe some knew the alarm code, also knew thedogs, and could have drugged them to get them quite.

#6. When Dr. S getshome they are already in the house.

Just one of the thoughts that I have had &#8211; I&#8217;ve never triedto be a sleuth before, but someone needs to catch whomever did this to her, itmust be frightening to her husband and children, knowing whoever did this isstill out there.

Thank you for answering one of the questions I had regarding who did the home schooling! When I read your detailed description of Dr Sievers it makes me realize even more what a tragic story this is. Who would want to hurt her and end her life? You listed some interesting possibilities as to who may be responsible for this senseless murder. Thank you for sharing your thoughts as a patient of Dr Sievers.

Thank you for answering one of the questions I had regarding who did the home schooling! When I read your detailed description of Dr Sievers it makes me realize even more what a tragic story this is. Who would want to hurt her and end her life? You listed some interesting possibilities as to who may be responsible for this senseless murder. Thank you for sharing your thoughts as a patient of Dr Sievers.

Your welcome.

I live close to Dr. Sievers home, like Taste of Honey saidquite a few days ago, most houses are built of concrete block, my house is built of concrete block and it is 2 story. If my husband is upstairs I have to call him on his cell phone, because alot of time he can&#8217;t hear me.

I was a patient of Dr. S for about 10 years, and so was my father whom I had to take to his appointments with her, so I spoke with her frequently. We both loved her, she was the best doctor ever, she treated us regularly (not holistic), and mentioned from time to time to come to her lectures, I never went to a lecture, wish I had, but when we did not follow her orders on healthy eating, weight loss and exercise, or getting labs done &#8211; we got our own private lecture!

Dr. Sievers was very fit, talked fast, walked fast, during the appointment which could last up to an hour, she would type her notes on each patient, while sitting on a ball (for core strength), I don&#8217;t recall what that type of chair is but it was really quite impressive. Anyway she was very fit, muscular legs, and she must have had a lot of core strength. When you saw Dr. S in person she was even prettier that she looks in photos, I was truly amazing when she told us her age.

Back to the devastating loss &#8211; Dr. S loved her husband and children very much. Mr. S did all the billing and even though she did not take insurance, Mr. S would send coded bills so that you could send them to your insurance and get reimbursed. Mr. S also home taught the girls, etc... Verbatim I don&#8217;t recall but, she would infer that they all made a great team. Many, many times during the years the girls would be in the office as well as Mr. S,and in between patients Dr. S would be helping them with their school work or answering questions. Her children are super smart!!

Different scenarios

#1. Dr. Sievers volunteered at Our House, where unwed mothers and children were helped, also victims of sex trafficking and Domestic Violence. Could Dr. Sievers have testified against someone? In this scenario more than likely they would hold a grudge?

#2. Pill Mills&#8211; Did Dr. S turn in someone for distributing controlled substances?

<modsnip>

#5. Someone close to Dr. S, knew when she was going and coming back, maybe some knew the alarm code, also knew the dogs, and could have drugged them to get them to be quite.

#6. When Dr. S gets home the perp is already in the house.

Just one of the thoughts that I have had &#8211; I&#8217;ve never tried to be a sleuth before, but someone needs to catch whomever did this to her, it must be frightening to her husband and children, knowing whoever did this is still out there.

What is proposed here is very close to what I believe happened as well. I think <modsnip> is behind this and that this fits what LCSO Mike Scott alluded to. I also think the reason why we are not hearing anything about the case from LCSO is that Mike Scott probably got in big trouble for giving away as much information as he did in the beginning. The kind of information he gave about the evidence and connectivity and is just the kind of thing that usually investigators don't want released to the public because it gives clues to the perp/s that they are onto them. And due to the drug connection, the feds would be involved so this could take a while to fully investigage and document all the evidence in order for an arrest to be made. They don't want to arrest someone just to have the minimum charges against them. They want to throw the whole book at them. Also if there are 2 persons involved they need time to iron out all the details to get it right.

yeah its most likely why the took down the interview because the mistake has been realised , way to get us excited tho think we missed something or we are gonna hear something lol i hope we hear something soon and whoever did is caught relatively soon so the family can rest easy and piece together what they can of there lives without it hanging over them.
and yeah with what her sister said it does seem more likely its something personal with someone she knew that lead to her death

That link had an error: remove the word ARGO from the very end. :)

What do you make of these comments from Mike Scott early on in case...."Justice hasn&#8217;t been served. That&#8217;s our goal,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I want the person responsible for this off the street. It&#8217;s heinous. It&#8217;s egregious. Nothing that anybody does ever warrants this. There&#8217;s no excuse for it.&#8221;

I recall hearing/reading more than 1 person saying something along those lines, implying that Dr. S. "did something" to someone but that nothing she did would be justification for killing her? Does anyone else remember others saying this, such as a neighbor, relative, etc. Odd thing to say IMO.

What do you make of these comments from Mike Scott early on in case...."Justice hasn&#8217;t been served. That&#8217;s our goal,&#8221; he said. &#8220;I want the person responsible for this off the street. It&#8217;s heinous. It&#8217;s egregious. Nothing that anybody does ever warrants this. There&#8217;s no excuse for it.&#8221;

I recall hearing/reading more than 1 person saying something along those lines, implying that Dr. S. "did something" to someone but that nothing she did would be justification for killing her? Does anyone else remember others saying this, such as a neighbor, relative, etc. Odd thing to say IMO.

Personally, I'd not make anything out of it other then just a turn of phrase, a figure of speech peculiar to the person making it.

There are many times (and it drive me up a wall) on I.D. crime shows when I hear over and over, "my loved one didn't deserve this"...and I ask myself "who does?"

I don't think anger, resentments that build up and explode over time whether by a man or a woman are based on rational thought.

Some appears to have been very angry at the doctor. End of story.(imo)

Personally, I'd not make anything out of it other then just a turn of phrase, a figure of speech peculiar to the person making it.

Perhaps you are right. With so little information to go on, and in our desire to discern the motive, some of us are over analyzing every little thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther