FL/GA/SC/NC - Hurricane Idalia, Aug 2023

#Idalia is back offshore off the #NorthCarolina coastline and is bringing heavy rain, strong winds, and coastal storm surge to the eastern part of the state. Idalia will track eastward and could impact #Bermuda in a couple days, an island that just saw Hurricane #Franklin pass close by.
Tropical Depression Eleven and the remnants of Tropical Storm Gert are also seen on the right-hand side of this image, but they are not threats to land.

Finally got my power back earlier this afternoon. And last night the largest limb finally slid off the (almost brand new metal) roof revealing a huge twisted hole. A kind neighbor has placed a tarp for us. Need to replace some fence panels and the back side of the house gutters.
Bottom line: No one is hurt, everything is fixable.
#Blessed

Finally got my power back earlier this afternoon. And last night the largest limb finally slid off the (almost brand new metal) roof revealing a huge twisted hole. A kind neighbor has placed a tarp for us. Need to replace some fence panels and the back side of the house gutters.
#Blessed
Hope you get the roof fixed quickly and no critters get in!

The kind of Tropical Atlantic satellite image one doesn't see every day. From left to right: Tropical Storm Idalia. Hurricane Franklin. Depression Gert. Tropical Storm Jose. Invest 94L (likely to develop). Two more waves one or both of which will likely be Invest tagged over the weekend or next week.

Attachments

• IMG_0976.jpeg
    IMG_0976.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 14
#Blessed
Im glad you all are OK, but sorry about the hole in the roof!

The kind of Tropical Atlantic satellite image one doesn't see every day. From left to right: Tropical Storm Idalia. Hurricane Franklin. Depression Gert. Tropical Storm Jose. Invest 94L (likely to develop). Two more waves one or both of which will likely be Invest tagged over the weekend or next week.
Now if these were to merge it would be something out of "The Day After Tomorrow".

Hope all are safe, I see it's described as once in a lifetime event, last time a Hurricane of that strength hit that particular region was 125 yrs ago, also notice the gulf waters temps are above normal, but records only go back to the early 1980's, if such an occurrence of an unusual storm were to hit the UK, the advocates of man made climate change would be pointing to that, is it the same in the US?

Now if these were to merge it would be something out of "The Day After Tomorrow".

Hope all are safe, I see it's described as once in a lifetime event, last time a Hurricane of that strength hit that particular region was 125 yrs ago, also notice the gulf waters temps are above normal, but records only go back to the early 1980's, if such an occurrence of an unusual storm were to hit the UK, the advocates of man made climate change would be pointing to that, is it the same in the US?
.....the advocates of man made climate change would be pointing to that, is it the same in the US?

No idea because I don't debate topics. I'm more of an observer and form my own silent opinion based on science/facts.

Altho, since I raised a Marine Scientist (works for NOAA) I just listen to her. She has enough education and experience under her belt, I figure she knows what she's talking about.

Hurricane Idalia's fun surprise has been the unusual appearance of Flamingo's all over the Florida Coastlines!

They likely got caught up in the Hurricane and became displaced

They have been spotted all over Coastal Florida and in many areas where they are not normally seen.

They usually find their way back to their native homes, so they are just visiting!

JMO

Last edited:
Hurricane Idalia's fun surprise has been the unusual appearance of Flamingo's all over the Florida Coastlines!

They likely got caught up in the Hurricane and became displaced

They have been spotted all over Coastal Florida and in many areas where they are not normally seen.

They usually find their way back to their native homes, so they are just visiting!

JMO
I love that❤️

When Hurricane Dorian hit us in Nova Scotia a number of tropical birds arrived with the storm, including a rare pelican from the southern US.

FEA1C822-EADE-4AC9-9E35-B17D275030A0.jpeg

Most of the birds left after the storm, but he made himself at home and hung out on a pier eating fish.

B8E8E6AF-200B-4F35-BB60-C21FEF27DA88.png

He stayed with us for a while, and then decided to go home with the help of his new fishermen friends.

6C442CB4-E3F7-402F-BE50-D4AFD28C1530.jpeg

The state director of research for Audubon Florida says that since Hurricane Idalia blew through, they've gotten reports of flamingos from around Florida, as well as Georgia, the Carolinas, Texas, Kentucky, Ohio and many other places.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back