FL/GA/SC/NC - Hurricane Idalia, Aug 2023

HI, don't know if you remember I mentioned seeing a Kia Soul parked in downtown Gulfport during landfall of hurricane Idalia. Well, that Kia Soul is famous! I'm here in Gulfport now and picked up a copy of the local paper, The Gabber, and there's a whole article about it as well as a poem dedicated to the vehicle. I guess I wasn't the only one wondering where it's owner was, seeing the water rise above its wheels. Here's a link to the paper. Enjoy.

The 2023 hurricane season displaced many Flamingos. The west coast of Florida was surprised with many Flamingo's immediately after Idalia.

This week we have new sightings of Flamingo's as far north as Wisconsin's Lake Michigan shores!

Believe me, once the colder weather up here starts, the Flamingo's will be making a beeline back to the Caribbean.

JMO

The 2023 hurricane season displaced many Flamingos. The west coast of Florida was surprised with many Flamingo's immediately after Idalia.

This week we have new sightings of Flamingo's as far north as Wisconsin's Lake Michigan shores!

Believe me, once the colder weather up here starts, the Flamingo's will be making a beeline back to the Caribbean.

JMO
What are they going to do in winter? Do they know how to get home?

What are they going to do in winter? Do they know how to get home?

It is likely that during the fall, the birds will join millions of others and migrate towards more southern climates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back