GUILTY FL - Izabella Heffernan, 10, found murdered, Fountain, 21 Feb 2016

http://www.mypanhandle.com/news/new...-murder-investigations-during-news-conference
The arrest affidavit says Lochridge admitted to shooting his sister with a .22 after 3:00 a.m. after mistaking her for a deer. He later said it was an accident and he thought someone was attacking her. In a third statement he said he was trying to teach her how to use the rifle and accidentally shot her in the chest. When she started making gurgling noises he said, "I didn't know exactly how to deal with that, so I shot her again."

bbm - This is chilling. And I don't think he's told the true story yet, either.

Also from that link....(yikes)...

Officials said the mother, Michelle Lochridge, is currently incarcerated. St. Lucie County court records show she was convicted of accessory after the fact to second degree murder with a firearm.

"I can tell you this, the 15-year-old boy was not your typical 15-year-old kid that you would see everyday on the street," Sheriff McKeithen said. "He was a hard core kid. He lied. He was deceitful. He screamed. He cursed. He was like interviewing a 30-year-old murderer when we talked to him."

Officials have not ruled out sexual battery as well. The Medical Examiner's Office is performing an autopsy Monday.

So this was his half-sister? I wonder how bad things were for them, considering that story about prior involvement with the family.

As for the media jumping on the "fascination with the military", how many boys grow up playing army, become interested in the military, join Jr ROTC, join ROTC, join the military and DON'T murder anyone? No, there is something really wrong with this kid that goes beyond an interest in firearms and the military.

Just thought it would be nice to have some different, happier photos of this beautiful girl.

Thank you for that! Could you please add a link to the source(s)? TIA!

She was so pretty and sweet looking.

Backstory re: Michelle Lochridge
Police say they have solved the mysterious death of a Fort Pierce attorney whose decomposing, acid-scorched body was found in a hurricane shelter on his property.
(...)
Thomas Barnard, 33, was arrested on a first-degree murder charge, and his live-in girlfriend, Michele Lochridge, is under investigation, held in the Indian River County jail on an unrelated probation violation.
(...)
Evidence police gathered suggests Barnard and Lochridge wanted to kill Pollow and take over his business. Police reported that Pollow suspected Lochridge of stealing from him.

http://archive.wtsp.com/news/politics_govt/story.aspx?storyid=171853

I wonder if her brother was so disturbed that he wanted to know what it was like to kill someone. After reading about so many tragedies on WS, it seems this is more commonplace than I could have ever imagined. Bless this family... Just awful all the way around. IMO

http://www.mypanhandle.com/news/new...-murder-investigations-during-news-conference
The arrest affidavit says Lochridge admitted to shooting his sister with a .22 after 3:00 a.m. after mistaking her for a deer. He later said it was an accident and he thought someone was attacking her. In a third statement he said he was trying to teach her how to use the rifle and accidentally shot her in the chest. When she started making gurgling noises he said, "I didn't know exactly how to deal with that, so I shot her again."

ORLY? I call BS. This was the same lame-o "reasoning" that the murderer of Willow Long used. "well, she was hurt, so I saved her from her misery" (paraphrasing). Seems to me from reports that this home was in complete disarray, with mom in prison for accessory to 2nd degree murder, and the 15 year old apparently being quite the specimen.

I am seeing a lot of reports spelling her name with a Z. If anyone locates her obituary please link it. If the thread title needs changed it is the least I can do for this baby.

------

“Your whole life, you hope you never have to face a tragedy like this,” Principal Chris Beard said of Izabella’s death, allegedly at the hands of her older stepbrother.

[...]

And there were plenty of happy things to remember about Izabella, who went by “Izzy” at school. The principal said he overheard one student recalling how she was a great friend to anyone in need.

“I heard a young man say that she was one of those students who, if you were having a bad day, she would come sit by you and talk to you,” Beard said. “She always had a smile. She was a very sweet little girl.”

http://www.newsherald.com/article/20160222/NEWS/160229889

"This doesn't just stop when you see the news story about us arresting someone," Sheriff McKeithen said. "Usually, that's just the beginning."

Right now Lochridge is charged with an open count of murder, but McKeithen said the State Attorney's Office will file a second degree murder charge, the highest charge they can file at this time before the case sees a grand jury.

He said the State Attorney's Office hopes to seek a first degree indictment at the grand jury. McKeithen says they also hope to try Lochridge as an adult

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/Suspect-arrested-in-the-Murder--369605111.html

I am seeing a lot of reports spelling her name with a Z. If anyone locates her obituary please link it. If the thread title needs changed it is the least I can do for this baby.

------

http://www.newsherald.com/article/20160222/NEWS/160229889

FWIW, I noticed on page 3 of this thread someone shared some pictures of her. One looked like a school photo with the name "Izabella" under it. I know that doesn't confirm it, but one would assume that the school has her legal spelling correct. Hope that helps :)

ETA: oops! I now see you already made the change. My bad! ;)

"This doesn't just stop when you see the news story about us arresting someone," Sheriff McKeithen said. "Usually, that's just the beginning."

Right now Lochridge is charged with an open count of murder, but McKeithen said the State Attorney's Office will file a second degree murder charge, the highest charge they can file at this time before the case sees a grand jury.

He said the State Attorney's Office hopes to seek a first degree indictment at the grand jury. McKeithen says they also hope to try Lochridge as an adult

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/Suspect-arrested-in-the-Murder--369605111.html

Can someone who knows US Law please tell me why 2nd degree is the highest they can charge before the case sees a grand jury? Is that due to the suspect being a minor? Thanks! :)

I am local to this attorney who was murdered and there are things in the court case that show what this woman felt about her kids but I am afraid to post as she might be considered a victim but she is definitely not. Those poor kids never had a chance at all.

Michelle Lochridge was not a resident of the home or involved in this case and is not the subject of this thread. Izabella is. Any info that may exist in her murder case & conviction about her relationship with her children should not be shared in this discussion.

Now if Fredrick's defense attorney decides to open that :worms: at trial we can revisit the subject. Until then leave it outside.

I have followed this story since the beginning. One of the first stories stated law enforcement was familiar with the family and had dealt with them before. They were living in a pole barn, the LE people brought Christmas presents for the children and wood to erect walls in the structure
The photo that was released to the media seemed to have a padded moving blanket clamped together with a tarp of some kind. The sadness on her face in that picture, in those circumstances have haunted me.
It sounds like there were a lot of things against her in her short life. May she fly high with the angels

I can't get past the fact that he washed her body and put her in a white dress. That just screams sexual abuse to me. I will be really surprised if he had not been abusing her. :sigh:

I can't get past the fact that he washed her body and put her in a white dress. That just screams sexual abuse to me. I will be really surprised if he had not been abusing her. :sigh:

It is concerning for sure

It bothers me that her killer is mentioned in the obituary. I suppose they had to but....ugh.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back