GUILTY FL - Janiya Thomas, 11, Bradenton, Jan 2015

I bet the 12 and 15 yr old know what happened..

They might not know the real story. The little girl might have stayed home from school sick one day and the bf might have been home "babysitting", and we've seen the rest of the story unfold so many times.

Isn't it appalling that the mother would rather be arrested and have her other children removed, than speak up for her missing daughter. It defies all explanations.
MOO

They might not know the real story. The little girl might have stayed home from school sick one day and the bf might have been home "babysitting", and we've seen the rest of the story unfold so many times.

Isn't it appalling that the mother would rather be arrested and have her other children removed, than speak up for her missing daughter. It defies all explanations.
MOO

This is it. In nature, NOTHING comes between a mother and her child, no matter the species...............except human. Have we evolved into a higher life form or not? Several years ago I had two mares with newborn foals. The neighbor came down to mow my field with his tractor and the babies were napping. When he got to where they were, he thought they would get up and run the other way so he could mow there. Oh no, they did not. The mares stood their ground between the tractor and the sleeping foals and even encroached upon the tractor. He told me all about it and was very surprised they would not just move their babies elsewhere and how threatening they were to his big tractor. That is a MOTHER. This woman is not.

That is very frustrating. A complaint was filed over a year ago, and they were just now removing the children? Were they investigating the complaint this whole time and if so, why then did they just realize they (child welfare) had a child in the home/family unaccounted for?

I thought it meant the complaint was made late September 2015

you are right Donjeta. my bad, I misread. She was last seen in August 2014 but it appears the complaint was from September 2015.

Makes me wonder if someone in the household was finally old enough or brave enough to contact authorities or talk to a counselor and express concern over her absence.

Like in the Erica Parsons case where her older brother, Jamie, finally reported his adopted sister missing after she had been absent for an extended period.

Janiya is beautiful but her eyes look so sad. No 11 year old child should have sad eyes.

Another Florida case where the so-called parent refuses to talk and the child hasn't been seen in weeks.

i really want to know about the school situation. In the schools where I worked, a 'missing' sibling would be looked into. There would be some questions asked about why 4 kids were in school but one was not. I wonder if that ever happened. If nothing else, the 12 yr olds friends would have said 'where is Janiya?' JMO

How in the world can she be missing over a year & no one report her missing? School, family, friends, neighbors etc... none of them noticed?
So hearbreaking.

This is just so so sad.
i hope the siblings can help piece together some information.

So many missing children.
So many silent parents.

Disney may want to rethink their 'happiest place on earth' line, unless they are moving out of Fl.

So many missing children.
So many silent parents.

Disney may want to rethink their 'happiest place on earth' line, unless they are moving out of Fl.

I'm pretty sure Disney is referring to their own parks and not the entire state of Florida.

I noticed many years ago that some of the most outrageous crimes you see in the news come from FL. What I've noticed more recently is the crimes against children and curious missing children cases. Something is going on in FL. I don't know what but there is something strange. I've seen many cases regarding DFS./ CPS there where children were left in bad situations after investigations and end up deceased. Maybe the whole system there for DFS needs an overhaul.

One of the things that CPS needs is a budget increase instead of budget cuts.

Snipped from: http://www.tampabay.com/news/politi...rida-preserved-families-but-lost-kids/2170381

"The DCF budget has decreased in five of the past six years, sometimes marginally, other times by a lot. Including vetoes, DCF saw its budget cut $100 million in the current fiscal year."

Is she the oldest girl in family?

You have a wonderful way of asking the loaded question that is on many of our minds. I haven't been able to determine the gender of the other siblings, but if the older two were boys, it does make me wonder if the daughter may have been sold into a life of prostitution. Certainly we know that the mother has sordid business connections.

To be fair, the mother has 1 prostitution charge from 2002 (13 years ago). Obviously this does not mean she's no longer engaging in the business, but it also doesn't mean she is.

Is there a father? mom have boyfriend? Mother works? Living conditions? Welfare for children? Child support?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back