FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
a crime (assuming there was one) committed by a worker at the complex would make sense, though. drive the car away, abandon it, and then walk back to the complex. hop a fence (perhaps someone was supposed to be on duty?), and they would have an alibi and excuse to be near her condo, since they would be working or supposed to be there. i think the press i read said the dog went to the base of a staircase to her condo, not directly to her condo (unless i'm mistaken).

Is there a timeline for Monday? Yes the phone call at 10. What time was she suppose to be a work? Had she set her alarm monday night to get up Tues? Was the alarm buzzing like she wasn't there to shut it off? Were work clothes missing? Were the clothes she had on Monday in her room? Did she call the boyfriend on his cell phone or home phone?

Its somebody in her building.

I don't think she was abducted from her apt. She either went out to get something after the 10 oclock call, or she was abducted leaving for work in the morning. I would like to know if her work clothes were laid out for the next day. Had she unpacked from the trip? Is the washer/dryer in the apt. or is there a laundry room in the building. Also who was on the property at the time she leaves for work. The answer lies there.

She was fearful, I don't think she would open the door for anyone or do anything stupid like take a walk in the dark. Or even take the trash out in the dark, but perhaps before leaving for work. I wonder what time the apts dumpsters are emptied and on what day.

Our local news - WFTV in Orlando - just announced that the reward for Jennifer Kesse" is now $100.000.00. An hour ago - an anonymous donor upped the fund from the $15,000 that was announced early this morning.

Her distraught parents were both on the news begging for any information to find their daughter.

Her car is still being processed.

I have a really bad feeling about this one. :(

Please keep Jennifer & her family in your prayers.

13th Juror

Beyond Belief said:
Family Of Missing Woman Offers $15,000 Reward

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orlando Police Department held a news conference about a missing woman Friday afternoon. Jennifer Kesse, 24, was last heard from Monday night.

http://www.wftv.com/news/6465854/detail.html
From the link above:
Sources told Channel 9 that detectives were combing through surveillance video from that complex, looking at it second by second for any more clues in the investigation.

"I will confirm there is some video surveillance we will be looking at," said Sgt. Barbara Jones, Orlando Police Department.

Maybe they will be able to see who parked her car there on the video.

Its not going to be someone who works on that property or lives there, they would know theres camera's there. I wish they would work a little quicker on this, how long does it take to look at some video?

The latest, not much...
www.local6.com/news/6515674/detail.html

I hesitate to add this, but...
her car was found really close to OBT, (Orange Blossom Trail) the worst road in Central Florida. I wouldn't dare venture there at night, and avoid at all costs during the day.

I pray they found something helpful on the surveillance tape.

ShowerSinger said:
I hesitate to add this, but...
her car was found really close to OBT, (Orange Blossom Trail) the worst road in Central Florida. I wouldn't dare venture there at night, and avoid at all costs during the day.

At least it's near the better portion... go up north a few miles... ouch!

They're keeping this investigation close to the vest...

Beyond Belief said:
Is there a timeline for Monday? Yes the phone call at 10. What time was she suppose to be a work? Had she set her alarm Monday night to get up Tues? Was the alarm buzzing like she wasn't there to shut it off? Were work clothes missing? Were the clothes she had on Monday in her room? Did she call the boyfriend on his cell phone or home phone?

Its somebody in her building.

I don't think she was abducted from her apt. She either went out to get something after the 10 oclock call, or she was abducted leaving for work in the morning. I would like to know if her work clothes were laid out for the next day. Had she unpacked from the trip? Is the washer/dryer in the apt. or is there a laundry room in the building. Also who was on the property at the time she leaves for work. The answer lies there.

She was fearful, I don't think she would open the door for anyone or do anything stupid like take a walk in the dark. Or even take the trash out in the dark, but perhaps before leaving for work. I wonder what time the apts dumpsters are emptied and on what day.

Her family didn't mention that she was fearful of anyone at the complex. What they did say was that she had just bought the condo and there was some work that needed to be done inside. The workers who were finishing the inside work were slow and she was getting irritated because she was missing to much work as she had to be there while they were working.

My brain tries synthesize things, so I thought, right away, of similar cases -- there have been pretty, often blonde women in their 20's abducted from apartment complexes across the nation. Maybe there's nothing to it, but here's a short list with links:

Jodi Huisentruit -- fairly famous case, news anchor from Iowa, 11 years ago.
Jennifer Servo -- murdered in her apartment in Abilene, TX. There is a possible person of interest in this case, and Jennifer was not abducted. But she was a blonde news anchor.
Jody Lynn Brant -- Teen girl, disappeared traveling from Georgia to Michigan in 1994.

That's just a sample. No, I don't assume they are linked, but for some reason they come to mind now, after seeing pictures of Jennifer Kesse. Thoughts?

Steve

Bobbisangel said:
Her family didn't mention that she was fearful of anyone at the complex. What they did say was that she had just bought the condo and there was some work that needed to be done inside. The workers who were finishing the inside work were slow and she was getting irritated because she was missing to much work as she had to be there while they were working.
Her brother said she just started living alone in November and was uneasy about the number of people around the complex daily.
"The workers were around all the time, and naturally a girl living alone for the first time ?" said her brother, Logan Kesse.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11026504/

misterallgood said:
My brain tries synthesize things, so I thought, right away, of similar cases -- there have been pretty, often blonde women in their 20's abducted from apartment complexes across the nation. Maybe there's nothing to it, but here's a short list with links:

Jodi Huisentruit -- fairly famous case, news anchor from Iowa, 11 years ago.
Jennifer Servo -- murdered in her apartment in Abilene, TX. There is a possible person of interest in this case, and Jennifer was not abducted. But she was a blonde news anchor.
Jody Lynn Brant -- Teen girl, disappeared traveling from Georgia to Michigan in 1994.

That's just a sample. No, I don't assume they are linked, but for some reason they come to mind now, after seeing pictures of Jennifer Kesse. Thoughts?

Steve

I'm gonna move my thoughts over to a new thread on the missing discussion forum, since, well, you know. Some here get upset, if this isn't strictly for info and support.

UPDATED: January 30, 2006

Police officers in Orlando, Fla., continued a search of a heavily wooded area Monday near the location where 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse's abandoned car was discovered last week after a scent was picked up in the area, according to a Local 6 News report.

Kesse, who works for Westgate Resorts in the Orlando suburb of Ocoee, Fla., is considered a missing and endangered adult after she mysteriously vanished last week.

"One of the two strongest clues that the Orlando Police Department is sharing with the media is the scent that was picked up in the woods," Local 6 News reporter Samantha Knapp said.

Continued:

http://www.local6.com/news/6587477/detail.html

Drew Kesse Gives New Plea for Help

01/30/2006

The parents of a missing Orlando woman are urging people to speak up and help police find their daughter, 24 year old Jennifer Kesse.

"Nothing's too trivial out there. Please, we're asking for your help."

The woman's father, Drew Kesse, is showing pictures of his daughter's car as it was found in an apartment complex near where she lives.

"If you know anything about this situation - a person around it, a person in it, a car next to it, a building behind it that you might recognize. Yeah, I did see something. We are desperate, truly, at this point. Please give a call."

There is a 115 thousand dollar reward being offered by crimeline. and another 50-thousand fliers with her picture are being made up and distributed.

Photos of car at link:

http://580wdbo.com/includes/news/indepth/0...elp_151716.html

Police Using Surveillance Video In Search For Woman

POSTED: 3:32 pm EST January 31, 2006
UPDATED: 5:40 pm EST January 31, 2006

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Police are using surveillance video from stores to try to find missing 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse. Officers have already taken the tapes from several businesses located near Jennifer's condo, which is near the Mall of Millenia.

Police are now releasing a timeline as to when they think Jennifer's car came through the South John Young Parkway corridor and detectives are scouring the store surveillance tapes hoping one of the cameras captured something to narrow the timeline.

Jennifer's car is still the best clue police have. A woman, who didn't want to be identified, but lives in the Huntington on the Green apartments where Jennifer's car was found last Thursday morning, remembers seeing the car a whole day earlier, Wednesday morning. She nearly hit it, in the lot.

"My kids were making noise in the car and I almost backed into it," she said. "I didn't notice that car before and, when I noticed it, I knew it wasn't somebody staying around here."

http://www.wftv.com/news/6630167/de...l=orlc_4pm&tmi=orlc_4pm_1_03000301312006&ts=H

Beyond Belief said:
Her brother said she just started living alone in November and was uneasy about the number of people around the complex daily.
"The workers were around all the time, and naturally a girl living alone for the first time ?" said her brother, Logan Kesse.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11026504/

I hadn't heard that. It was her parents that made the statement that I wrote.
Her dad said that she just bought her first condo. Probably was kind of scary living alone for the first time.

Beyond Belief said:
Its not going to be someone who works on that property or lives there, they would know theres camera's there. I wish they would work a little quicker on this, how long does it take to look at some video?
I would think that it could be a maintence person that worked there, yes he would know about the cameras and would also know how to avoid being captured on one of them to, the article I was reading said that whoever came back to her apartment from the car by passed the only entrance and went over a fence then to her unit, so that person did that to avoid being seen by cameras, I would alert orlando police and have them look into that possibility, it has happended in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500