FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to hear there is a prayer service for Jennifer.
So sad that she is missing, and so many other beautiful girls.
I was nice seeing her Mom and Dad in the interview with Greta last night.....
I hadn't seen them in an interview only on the streets origonally, holding
those signs.
If only someone could come forward with information.........if only they knew how important just a small fact can be.....

The family set up a beautiful and informative site. I know they must ache for their daughter. I truly feel for her family. She seemed to really have her life right on track then she just is gone with no trace. Doesn't make any sense at all. It is such a strange case with not much to go on.

I would like to know how far back/forward the car seat was when they found it and if it had been moved to fit another person. Also, had the mirrors been adjusted? Had the mileage changed alot since her last oil change which was not accounted for in her daily commute or trips since it was missing for a time (some people keep an accurate accounting of their mileage for gasoline expenses)? I am sure the police have the answers to questions like that, but have they shared anything at all with the public?

Since Jenn mentioned she was uneasy leads me to believe she was more than sensing trouble around, but didn't want to scare her BF or family so far away. Mentioning the workers might have been a clue, but maybe not the whole story. Why would they make her feel uneasy? Was it something one had said? A look? Was someone watching her? I feel there was something else in those statements she made. Since the condos weren't exactly full at the time, could a person have been staying in one with no one knowing? Or perhaps, a person was staying with someone else living there. During the past year, have they canvassed all of the residents again? Someone could have been looking to buy one at the time of her disappearance and be the perp or have seen something while on the property, but now lives there. Did they keep a list of potential buyers even if they just stopped in to look?

I never saw an article on what appeared to be missing specifically...except they had a search of the highway, I think I read, to 'put pressure' on the person responsible by looking for her cellphone, wallet, purse, etc. Anyone know? If those things were missing, it would seem quite possible the abduction may not have taken place there at all.

When I think about my own daughters' habits...I can tell you the places where they frequent...like which Starbucks, which grocery store they prefer (she had been gone and might have needed things), and which department store they go to for certain things (like Target for meds, etc.). Had she eaten earlier? Maybe she wanted something specific and went out to get it late that night. I wish they wouldn't, but my daughters will do that at times.

Just trying to get all trains of thought wrapped into this one. There has to be clues somewhere that they either haven't found the location of or have overlooked. She sounds like she was a very intelligent woman and if possible...would have left something somewhere and a perp is never perfect.

I pray this family finds the answers and finds Jenn safe, wherever she is. I know they will hold on to that hope and so will I. Miracles really do happen.

I have followed this case for a long time and I’m saddened by the fact it is highly unlikely this case will ever be solved.

There doesn’t seem to be a suspect, any witnesses, any evidence or even a crime scene. There is no indication of whether Jennifer is alive or deceased.

Almost a year ago the man in charge of the investigation stated this mystery was as close to a vanishing as he had ever seen.

There was a time I wondered about the position of the car seat too. Was it forward or back? My guess would be it was set forward because it is known that the POI was the person who dropped the car at the Huntingdon on the Green apartments. The POI has an estimated height of 5’3”-5'5" compared to Jennifer’s 5’8”.

The car had a full tank when it left Fort Lauderdale for Jennifer’s place of work in Orlando. It was then driven to her condo after work. It is believed the car had an ‘appropriate’ amount of gas for the distance covered when it was recovered on the Thursday. This indicates the car wasn’t driven far on the day of the abduction but I don’t know if this is a fact.

All I know is missing is her purse, her cell phone, ipod and car keys. Also missing is a cell phone that was left by a friend of her brothers at her condo. Jennifer planned to ship that on the Tuesday it is believed.

Any perpetrator must leave some kind of evidence. We are always shedding hair and skin and unless we wear gloves we leave fingerprints. With a violent assault there is blood.

I have never heard of any blood.

I did hear that there was some forensic evidence from the car but whatever that evidence is does not match up with anything or anyone on any data bases.

If it is true that there was forensic evidence then we have to wait until the perpetrator re-offends and then their DNA or fingerprints will provide a match.

The general consensus is Jennifer was abducted at her car and that was most likely around 8am. We know the car was dropped at noon.

That four hour period bothers me greatly because it is a very long time.

I have tended to believe that Jennifer was the victim of a stalker she was unaware of but I don’t think that type of crime would cover a time span of four hours.

The other scenario is she was taken by someone she knew and knew well. If she knew the perpetrator then her guard would have been down and the surprise factor could explain the lack of evidence and more especially the lack of signs of any struggle.

This case is the ultimate mystery.

No one has given up hope of finding Jennifer.
In fact, just the opposite is true.

If you or someone you know has any information about Jennifer Kesse's disappearance, PLEASE call the tip line.
1-407-772-2162 or 1-800-423-8744
praying for your call .....

Myserty64 said:
All I know is missing is her purse, her cell phone, ipod and car keys. Also missing is a cell phone that was left by a friend of her brothers at her condo. Jennifer planned to ship that on the Tuesday it is believed.

Any perpetrator must leave some kind of evidence. We are always shedding hair and skin and unless we wear gloves we leave fingerprints. With a violent assault there is blood.

I did hear that there was some forensic evidence from the car but whatever that evidence is does not match up with anything or anyone on any data bases.

If it is true that there was forensic evidence then we have to wait until the perpetrator re-offends and then their DNA or fingerprints will provide a match.

The general consensus is Jennifer was abducted at her car and that was most likely around 8am. We know the car was dropped at noon.

I have tended to believe that Jennifer was the victim of a stalker she was unaware of but I don’t think that type of crime would cover a time span of four hours.

The other scenario is she was taken by someone she knew and knew well. If she knew the perpetrator then her guard would have been down and the surprise factor could explain the lack of evidence and more especially the lack of signs of any struggle.
If those things are missing, it would indicate she was out and about so the crime scene very well might not be where they were looking. The reason they wouldn't find signs of a struggle. If no one saw her, how do they know she went missing around 8:00 am? How are they able to develop a timeline when the car arrived in the parking lot, because maybe I am reading it wrong, but wasn't that just the time when someone found it? I thought she talked to her Bf last the night before which was the last known contact after she was home and had gotten off work which would leave many hours unaccounted for.

When was the brother and friend with her for the cellphone to have been left? I obviously missed that story. Could you help me find it?

The missing friend's cellphone would have probably been tucked in her purse as a way for her to remember to send it back. The ipod tells me she was planning on being gone for a few minutes when she left the apartment unless she always kept that in her purse.

The evidence they found in the car doesn't seem to lead them in any real direction or they would say so. It tells me they really don't have an idea of the description whatsoever. Had they found hair inconsistent with her or her bf's...they would want the color out there. Prints would be possible, but like you said...won't know until they get a match. It bothers me they are putting so much stock into this poor quality photo of the so-called POI. There appears to be nothing to connect the dots there.

I would recommend the Bf undergo hypnosis to try to recall the EXACT conversation they had about her feeling uneasy. She knew at that point something was amiss and she was afraid of something or someone...or it is possible her women's intuition had kicked in. Not saying his memory is off, but in wake of her going missing...trying to retrieve every word would only seem logical. It sounds like the best and only real lead they have.

Quite early in the case a list of 'facts' was drawn up regarding the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse. ( please note that all this information was summarised from information in the public arena)

Jennifer's Car has been declared a crime scene.

-- A group of people (brother's friends) were staying at her condo while she was away.

-- Jennifer's boyfriend lives in Ft. Lauderdale

-- They met at Tiki Bar in downtown Orlando, a year previous

-- Polygraph tests have been used, but it unknown how many and on whom

-- The scent trail from her car at HOTG led back to the staircase that Jennifer would have used to come down from her condo.

-- LE has used footage from surveillance cameras at various stores in the area.

-- On the Monday Jennifer returned from vacation she spoke to her mother in the morning while both were driving to work. At around
6.30pm she spoke to her dad and around 10pm (9:57pm) she spoke to her boyfriend. She also spoke to a female friend for a few hours.

The condo numbers are also used to number the parking allotments. Jennifer’s was 2226.

Before leaving Fort Lauderdale Jennifer used a credit card to fill the car. When the car was found it had ‘half a tank’ of gas which has been calculated to be ‘about right.’

Forensic tests were carried out on Jennifer’s car but no results are known.

It is known that Jennifer was not the last person to drive her car.

Prior to her abduction, Jennifer did express concerns over workers in the Mosaic complex.

Jennifer was very cautious and aware of her surroundings. She would make safe calls to friends or family when walking through a dark parking lot or while anyone was working in her condo.

Items that are missing: Her purse, ipod, two cell phones (hers and the friend's)

Jenns commute time to work was usually 15 - 20 minutes (during which time she would speak with RA )

Her boyfriend tried to call but got her voice mail and left a message. He thought it was odd but he was rushing to get to a
9:00 a.m. meeting at work. He said he knew she was very busy at work and really didn't think too much of it until her parents called.

They found out that Jenn was missing 15 minutes after she failed to report to work. According to Drew, Jenn was very routine oriented and would call even if she was running 5 minutes late to work.

They said that they know for a fact that her car was dropped off around noontime on Tuesday, 1/24. They also know that Jenn was not the last one to drive her car.

One other thing. Her credit card was not used since filling up at gas station in Ft. L.

Her epass transponder was not used, so we can surmise that the car was not driven on a toll road.

Thanks for that rundown! I have been going back and doing my homework on everything I can find about this case. I think the story I found that Greta did with the photos explained a lot. Altho, in her story...she reported the dog led them back to her apartment complex from the car...but NOT to her apartment. This would be a good clue to me for them to concentrate on. It would support one of my theories of the perp being either someone staying at the complex they are unaware of or being there to look at condos. Too bad they cannot find a way to take the dogs back through the site with the same scent trail to follow up on...or can they? I assume the car is still in evidence which means the scent would be present for the dog. It would be interesting to see if the dog can 'dig' up a more recent scent in case they are now a resident. Worth a shot I would say...if it can be done.

I realize I come up with some unusual ideas, but unless they can break this case with someone talking...they are going to have to work outside the box. I feel sometimes the police get stuck in their investigations and are so trained to stay a course that they develop tunnel vision. If it doesn't work once, they don't go back and try things again at a later date...like the dog, canvassing the complex, etc. I still would like to see her bf go under hypnosis about that phone conversation. (I don't think he would have a problem with it at all. Maybe he will even volunteer to do this. Someone could ask!)

Mystery64,

good rundown of the things we know. However I'm interested in what you said that it is KNOWN that the person of interest is the one who dropped the car off at the Huntington on the Green apartments. How do you know? Do you have inside info? This hasn't been released publically yet. Obviously law enforcement must know more about this person of interest because that one photo alone is not enough to make them a POI. Which means they must either have other photos? If they have any other images of this person they should release them. That photo is not leading to anything. I do believe that this POI is carrying what looks to be like a package of some sort although that is purely guessing based on what I can kind of make out when I look at that photo. Probably the package with the cell phone in it? There has to be some other info on this POI because it's clear nobody saw this person (at least none that have come forward) that's why they don't know anything (not even gender) other than that this person is 5'3"-5'5" The cops say it's a POI because they know the car was dropped off around the time this POI was there. Well how can they come to that conclusion based on that photo and that photo alone? There are either some other security cameras OR somebody saw this person park that car. Either way they need to give the public more information.

I think it's clear JK wasn't abducted in the nighttime. She was probably in bed when talking to her bf and probably was dead tired after going straight to work from the vacation trip. I bet she planned on mailing the phone right before work. Her work clothes were laid out on her bed, yes? I think she was dropping off the cell phone package at the mail before getting ready for work and was either abducted in her parking area at her apartment or wherever she was driving to mail the package. Was the post office near where her work is?

not sure what to make of the bloodhounds tracing her scent back to her apartment complex. odd.

if she had concerns over the workmen at her building, they should look closely at these people shouldn't they? i'm sure LE has canvassed these folks though.

There has been a lot of discussion as to the tracking merits of Bo the bloodhound. Was Bo tracking properly that day? To that question most experts say no. However I look at it this way. Whatever Bo tracked it led to Mosaic Apartments where Jennifer lived. If the dog wasn’t tracking he could have wound up just about anywhere in Orlando. The dog didn’t do that though, he finished up at the staircase leading up to Jennifer’s condo.

On the POI; I felt the same as many about this person. What was the fuss about because the way I saw it this person just happened to be walking by at that time of day. I did learn there was another camera at the Huntingdon complex and that camera overlooks the lot where Jennifer’s car was dropped. There must be photographic evidence of the car being dropped otherwise how can the POI be linked to the car being dropped.

The next question is why hasn’t this evidence been released to the public especially since the other photos are in the public domain. The only reason that comes to mind is these photos must be of a very poor quality and while they show the car being parked the images are useless for identification purposes.

I wonder if the POI is actually the perpetrator or an accomplice? Or did the POI drop the car there because he asked to do it as a favor for a friend. Was the POI aware that the car was a crime scene? Is the POI still alive?

Thinking of crime scenes why did the police declare the car a crime scene? I have no idea what evidence was found in the car but there just has to be forensic evidence of some kind. However it takes weeks for forensic evidence to come back from the labs and the car was declared a crime scene on the day it was found. What did the police find that day?

Another thing that I have wondered about is the way the car was perfectly parked. It was left as if it belonged there. Many dumped cars I have seen are parked in any random manner, often with windows down or doors unlocked. I believe Jennifer’s car was locked when found. If the POI was parking the car there as a favor who did he return the keys to? The keys have never been found.

The POI appears a smaller person than Jennifer Kesse and the latter was security conscious and intelligent. How was she overpowered leaving no evidence? Did the perpetrator have a gun or knife? Surely Jennifer would have put up a struggle if she was physically assaulted and if that happened there would surely have been broken jewelry such as a watch or bracelet or even a button or shoe.

There are not many cases like this where there is so little to work on. Sure there are plenty of unsolved cases but in most of those someone saw something or there are other suspicions or even suspects but no hard evidence. In many case of this kind the perpetrator is known by the victim. I expect the police have checked out former boyfriends and any friends from work along with any difficult clients.

It is worth keeping in mind that often the perpetrator appears to have an alibi.

Someone out there somewhere has all the answers to this mystery. Unless they are deceased, right at this very moment they are breathing the same air as you and I.

Sadly though, as this case stands, Jennifer Kesse just vanished off the face of the Earth; without a trace.

Enrique- I don't see where Mystery said it was KNOWN that the POI was the person that dropped off the car. Mystery said it was known that the car was dropped off at or near a specific time. LE says POI happened to be in the area at that time. LE must have other photos of the car or something else to go on for being able to pinpoint a time. The pics Greta's team took looked like the area where they parked the car was kind of obscure. There were no windows, as I recall on the side of that building and the pool with the fencing was right there.

Nothing they came up with really makes me certain she disappeared in the morning. They said her bed look messed up like she had slept in it, but she did have a television on the dresser. (Greta's team pics didn't show a bed that looked slept in to me, but looked as if someone had laid on top of the covers.) I have curled up many times after a shower in or on my bed before getting dressed while watching tv. A hot shower after a long drive and a day at work would be normal for me, too. Then I would don some sweats or casual clothes before getting a bite to eat. (What was the piece of clothing laying on her bed? Looked like a sweatshirt or t-shirt to me.)

No one mentioned anything about dinner. Did she mention to her bf or family that she had eaten that evening? Did she always cook or fix a sandwich at home? Most single people I know eat out almost every night either fast food or at some favorite haunt. Being her condo had been full of her brother's friends all weekend, I would assume her stock of food had been consumed for the most part or perhaps she didn't restock earlier because she was going away. I would ask what all they ate, if they noticed what was left, and be clear on those points. What did she normally keep for herself in her fridge? (Her BF should know the answer to that one.) It would make sense she might have gone to the grocery store or convenience store on Monday night or out to get food. Tired or not, a person still has to eat. Maybe LE didn't check the surveillance videos for those places on Monday night since they believe she was only out the next morning. Also, would they have checked grocery stores anyway...being they believe it was before work on Tuesday and the reasoning of who goes to shop for groceries before going in to work? (No one I personally know does if they have to be at work early! They wait until on their way home.)

Another thing occurred to me, while her brother was staying at the condo, did he have his own set of keys or her set? Could those have ever left his sight? A perp can make a copy for a duplicate key very quickly. They haven't said much about the brother's partying and friends' actions while staying there, that I have found anyway. Where did they go and what went on while they were there? Did they hang out at the pool and leave the condo unlocked at any time? That would be a stalker's dream...to check out her place for a few minutes which could drive up his excitement level and his sick need to confront her...leading up to an abduction. It would also allow time for someone to unlock a window to enter later.

If the dog did track back to her stairway, it leaves me with more questions. (Also, why would they say the dog didn't pick up a scent then?) Why would someone go back there after they got rid of her car unless they lived or were staying there? (Meaning LE would have already talked to them during the initial investigation so they would need to revisit those people.) Someone employed at the condos would probably have gone straight to the area where they were supposed to be working and not to her apartment building if the car was left during their lunch break as to not draw attention to themselves by being late. I am sure LE checked out if anyone was working right there the day the car was found.

LE should release everything except that one key piece of info they always hold back for verification. The family should put pressure on LE for them to get the facts out there in the hope it could generate new leads or maybe the perp/perps would feel the crunch in some way and make a mistake.

Myserty64 said:
I have followed this case for a long time and I’m saddened by the fact it is highly unlikely this case will ever be solved.

There doesn’t seem to be a suspect, any witnesses, any evidence or even a crime scene. There is no indication of whether Jennifer is alive or deceased.

Almost a year ago the man in charge of the investigation stated this mystery was as close to a vanishing as he had ever seen.

There was a time I wondered about the position of the car seat too. Was it forward or back? My guess would be it was set forward because it is known that the POI was the person who dropped the car at the Huntingdon on the Green apartments. The POI has an estimated height of 5’3”-5'5" compared to Jennifer’s 5’8”.

The car had a full tank when it left Fort Lauderdale for Jennifer’s place of work in Orlando. It was then driven to her condo after work. It is believed the car had an ‘appropriate’ amount of gas for the distance covered when it was recovered on the Thursday. This indicates the car wasn’t driven far on the day of the abduction but I don’t know if this is a fact.

I have never heard of any blood.

This case is the ultimate mystery.

it would easy to know if JK was abducted monday night or tuesday morning, just ask her bf what the convo was like at about 10 PM. was she in bed and tired? normal convo before bedtime? So whatever she had for dinner isn't really relevant if she was talking to her bf while lying in bed and is that her normal bedtime? Probably. She may have been abducted in the middle of the night but that would mean someone broke in, didn't seem that way. Perhaps someone got a key from her brother if they had a party and lots of people were there. But also her work clothes were out in the morning, the shower was recently used. I still think she was gonna run a quick errand before getting ready for work (the post office to drop off the package with the cell phone?) was the post office on her way to work or the opposite direction?

Is there anything special about where the car was found? Are there gates leading into the parking spaces of that apartment complex? or can anybody just drive in and park there?

and yes the police need to give us something other than that lame POI picture which gives very little and obviously nobody is speaking. Can't even see a face. We all know there has to be more to make that POI a POI. The cops know we know, release some more, it may be beneficial especially to those who live in the area.

Enrique Sparta said:
it would easy to know if JK was abducted monday night or tuesday morning, just ask her bf what the convo was like at about 10 PM. was she in bed and tired? normal convo before bedtime? So whatever she had for dinner isn't really relevant if she was talking to her bf while lying in bed and is that her normal bedtime? Probably. She may have been abducted in the middle of the night but that would mean someone broke in, didn't seem that way. Perhaps someone got a key from her brother if they had a party and lots of people were there. But also her work clothes were out in the morning, the shower was recently used. I still think she was gonna run a quick errand before getting ready for work (the post office to drop off the package with the cell phone?) was the post office on her way to work or the opposite direction?

Is there anything special about where the car was found? Are there gates leading into the parking spaces of that apartment complex? or can anybody just drive in and park there?

and yes the police need to give us something other than that lame POI picture which gives very little and obviously nobody is speaking. Can't even see a face. We all know there has to be more to make that POI a POI. The cops know we know, release some more, it may be beneficial especially to those who live in the area.
I would LOVE to ask the boyfriend about their conversation and more! Haven't you ever gotten out of bed for a midnight snack? I have plenty of times. And, yes, I have driven to get it. Sometimes a person just wants something specific.

If over the weekend, the perp had a chance to unlock a window in the apartment, had gotten a copy of the key, or had a pass key...there would be no signs of a break-in.

I believe they said the clothes laid on the chair were the ones she had worn to work that day. Were there other clothes laid out neatly in her room? I saw something which just looked to be tossed onto the end of her bed in the photos that Greta's team took. Is this what you are talking about?

If I were running a quick errand on a work day, I would dress for work right after I took a shower then go. Why shower then have to come home again to redress? She was a stickler about being there on time every day. Besides, how do they know the shower would have been completely dry from a shower taken later the night before? It would depend on the humidity in the apartment and other factors, I believe.

I am still not convinced of their timeline of when she went missing.

The POlice have talked to the boyfriend many times and obviously there was nothing outta the norm about their convo and they cleared him as a suspect so up until that point it's safe to say she was alright. It's possible she was abducted in the middle of the night by someone who gained access to the house by way of key or an open window. But the POlice have surely interviewed the brother and who was there. Not sure if it was a big party or just a select few friends. And if JK was abducted in the middle of the night by an intruder, he did a fine job of covering his tracks and there were no reports of any screaming or struggling of any kind. She may have gone somewhere after she talked to her bf but that would be easy to find out based on their convo if she was already in bed and just called to say night night.

I've never left my house after waking up in the middle of the night to get something to eat. To get something in my fridge, yes, but not leave the house.

How does a person vanish without trace?

Early last year a person writing under the name of Christopher Marlowe presented a scenario of what could have happened to Jennifer.

He surmised the perpetrator was a person working at Mosaic at the time JK was abducted.

His scenario included the perpetrators van being parked right next to Jennifer’s car. Jennifer was bundled into the van as she was about to get into her car. Whether the abduction was planned or happened because the perpetrator took advantage of an opportunity is open to question.

An abduction of this speed and type explains why nobody saw anything and also why the crime scene has no evidence. Jennifer and her belongings were bundled into the van in the blink of an eye.

When I first read this scenario it sent a chill down my spine because it was so plausible and well presented one could have thought it was written by someone who was there that fateful morning.

I bet sometimes the people responsible for some of these missing people read these boards and maybe even post. It's similar to criminals, be it murderers or whoever, following their crimes in the news and newspapers religiously, cutting out articles, etc. Now in the internet age, there is a new way to follow your crimes, you can join in on the discussion at a variety of websites and read what people have to say and participate yourself. Creepy thought...

there might be some type of evidence that was found in her JK's car and the police aren't releasing that info. like you mentioned, they did declare it a crime scene right away.

there are a lot of other people who vanish without a trace too. Jason Jolkowski, Michael Negrete, Amanda Berry, the medical student from Ohio St Brian Shaffer, Jesse Ross is another recent one, Amy Bradley, that Hornbeck kid before he was recently found, Kristen Moddaferri, and on and on.

I wonder what happens to these people!

If YOU or someone YOU know has any information about the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse, PLEASE!! call the two tip line phone numbers set up for YOU to call!

1-407-772-2162
or
1-800-423-8744

If you can't bring yourself to call these numbers then please seek the other ways to contact Jennifer's Mom & Dad.
You can call any attorney, pastor, or tell a friend of yours the situation and tell them to call.
Please find a way!

Thank you ~

It would really be beneficial if the entire tape was available like the ones shown in the Sandra Prince case. I would really like to see which way the shadows were going. I can't help but think/guess that the image would be projected on that car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea