FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the morning phone calls between Jennifer and her boyfriend.
Taken from the Nancy Grace interviews.

GRACE: Yes, I mean, I`m just trying to figure out the time line here. And another question. In the morning -- she had a long-distance relationship with the boyfriend. Did she call the boyfriend in the morning?

DREW KESSE: No, and that was...

JOYCE KESSE: Atypical. She normally always spoke with him in the morning.

GRACE: OK, see, that`s a clue right there.

JOYCE KESSE: Right.

GRACE: So what time would they talk, before she went to work?

JOYCE KESSE: Or actually during her commute to work. And...

DREW KESSE: Right around 8:00 a.m.

JOYCE KESSE: Right around 8:00, you know, 7:30, 8:15 was normally the time she left to go to work.

Now it isn't set in stone that Jennifer left for work at 8:15am that morning and it isn't really clear whether she regularly called him before she even left for work but it seems the perpetrator had disabled her phone by 8:15am.

I'm leaning toward the abduction happening between 7:30am and at the very latest 8:15am.
Surely there would have been a lot of workers around Mosaic by that time.

This crime happened very, very quickly.

Look what I found when searching around the internet...I can't remember if it was reported here already...

I just heard this on one of the TV channels this morning. Jennifer’s gym bag was found in a dumpster at the same apartment complex her car was found. Bloodhounds traced the scent back to Jennifer’s apartment. Only heard this one time so I don’t know if it was supposed to be released

Good work ES but note it said 'she said......................'

after she said she was going to mail a package, according to a Local 6 News report.

Who did she (Jennifer) say this to?

The last person she spoke to was her boyfriend and he never reported this.
This is most likey a reporter using 'poetic license.'

Look what I found when searching around the internet...I can't remember if it was reported here already...

B] I just heard this on one of the TV channels this morning. Jennifer’s gym bag was found in a dumpster at the same apartment complex her car was found. Bloodhounds traced the scent back to Jennifer’s apartment. Only heard this one time so I don’t know if it was supposed to be released

Hi Enrique,

I thought a gym bag was found, not Jennifer's gym bag?

INteresting if true, I didn't think it was released that Jk's gym bag was found.

But, if LE found a gym bag in the garbage at HOTG, I'm sure the Kesse's would know if it was Jk's or not.

I've always thought in the photo of the POI,that he is carrying something in his left hand, like a duffel bag, and a 4 x 6 white object, like an envelope, or a IPOD, in his right hand.

Dumping the bag at HOTG makes sense, if true, and explains why the POI had things in both hands, and didn't put the white object in his right hand, into the bag or whatever item he is carrying in his left hand.

So, is it JK's gym bag, or is it some type of DNA from the POI.

maybe, that is the source of the POI's DNA.

Of course, we'll never know.

One would think that the dogs and LE could determine if the bag is from the pOI or not.

Regardless, I do wonder if the dog scent led to the garbage dumpster, and that is why the dumpster was searched, or if LE was simply on their toes.

Plus, we need to know when the dumpsters are emptied at HOTG. IF the dumpsters are emptied either wednesday or thursday early am, it would be too late.

However, it wouldn't surprise me at all, if it is true. Think about it.

LE sped up the tape for a reason.

The poi did something when he got out of that car.

Going into the backseat to retreive a duffel bag, sounds about right.

If it is JK's duffel bag, why didn't LE assume JK had gone to work out, and was abducted?

Did JK use Mosaic's gym or the gym at work, or a private one, or none at all?

What was JK's habit? Did she drive to the gym at Mosaic in the am, and work out before work? or could her workout bag have been in the car?

If it is bag belonging to JK, where's the briefcase, purse, IPOD?

Maybe, just maybe, the gym bag is not related to this case.

lots of questions, not a lot of answers.

left

after she said she was going to mail a package, according to a Local 6 News report.

I agree, Mys. According to every other report, she had not spoken to anyone since the night before and this sounds like an erroneous report to me. LE put it out there she "might" have a package etc., but they never stopped to consider she wouldn't have anything to "package" the cell phone with until she either got to work or to the place to ship it.

Same as with the gym bag...there are reporters who use that "license" perhaps a bit much and this was a very sensationalized case early on. The report was probably incorrect and the reason it was only mentioned once. However, if LE does have Jenn's gym bag...why not release that to the media? It would put additional pressure on the perp about his DNA and possible prints plus would be a clue that she could have been on her way to or from working out making the crime scene entirely a new place to look. For people to recall anything out of the norm, they need to know where she could have really been as to their relation of where possible witnesses were. Makes absolutely no sense for them to hold onto such info.

Where are the dumpsters in relation to where the car was ditched?

BTW: SS is right. Calling in tips to LE is usually worthless.

Unless you have a particular suspect, and some evidence, they usually blow you off. Not only that, but, just for your effort, LE runs everybody who calls in tips, so, if you are a man, you may just put yourself on the list of potential suspects. Kind of cool how that works, isn't it.

left

They didn't take any id info from me, tip calls are supposed to be anonymous, I think. They gave me a tip id number.

Next day a federal investigation of all Orange County Sheiff's Dept. taser gun use was announced, and deputies were questioned that very day, reported Orlando Sentinel.

I'm satisfied they took a look at their photos and said, holy cow. We thought they were grainy and out of focus, blah blah blah, so we didn't look at them.

At least very hard.

rd

It depends where you live, and where the package is going.

On the left coast, the deadline is early afternoon, especially if you want it to go to the east coast.

IF Jk was sending the package, there is no way the package would arrive in Tampa before Wednesday, IMO.

I've never heard of any delivery service that delivers the same day, that many miles away.

So, Jk could have gone to the post office at lunch, or even planned on doing it during a morning break.

Why are we assuming she had to do it so early in the am?

left

We aren't assuming it. She either had to send it going to work or leave work to do it.

The example of packing a personal item up at work and calling somebody to pick it up just is not the norm. Obviously the smaller you are, the more you can do something like that.

Haven't ever seen it or heard of it in a company of any size.

rd

Ha! They DO send packages regularly! See this one: They said no problem as I had 14 days to confirm from the time I recieved my pkg. in the mail. Upon recieving the package I had figured out that this wasn,t going to be good for us and decided to send the cancelation notice they supplied in the package to there offices in Florida. I got a call from them that stated I couldn,t cancel as I had 14 days from the time of the original call and not from the time of reciept of the pkg. as stated in our phone conversation.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/188/RipOff0188277.htm

The package tells me they use fed-ex or UPS directly from their Fl office.

of course the company ships packages. We're talking about employees sending personal packages. A couple of you here seem to think that that's common out there, but it isn't.

rd

Yes, agreed Myserty. That's the way I read it, from the "may have been looking for a dropbox" thing from the police.

But good find, ES.

rd

of course the company ships packages. We're talking about employees sending personal packages. A couple of you here seem to think that that's common out there, but it isn't.

rd

It totally depends on where you work. For example, my company allows us to ship packages- yes they put a limit on it- i.e. one personel package a day but it's here.

I know a lot of people Jenn's age and I can tell you from experience that Jenn did not go out willingly 7/23/06... there is no way after a vacation, leaving S FLA at let's say 6 am or so, and working a full day that she went out. In regards to the cell phone, yes, I believe they have records and are not releasing them in regards to pings. In regards to the last call, I do believe that is accurate. They have never released what last call was on her land line. Also, I do not think she was lured out of her apt before getting dressed for work. I know people who are very much like that- trying to get ready for work in the morning- have a few options and whatever ends up not being worn is thrown on the bed.. or layed out on the bed as it's just part of the morning routine.

They didn't take any id info from me, tip calls are supposed to be anonymous, I think. They gave me a tip id number.

Next day a federal investigation of all Orange County Sheiff's Dept. taser gun use was announced, and deputies were questioned that very day, reported Orlando Sentinel.

I'm satisfied they took a look at their photos and said, holy cow. We thought they were grainy and out of focus, blah blah blah, so we didn't look at them.

At least very hard.

rd

RD:

First of all, thanks for the work, and sending in the photo's to LE

Related to the tip. Did you send the tip to LE, or the tipline/

How did you call the tipline, ie, your own cellphone, phone at home, etc?

so, they never asked your name, or anything?

How did you send them the photo's?

Email can be traced.

Regardless, I do know that "Most", is not "all" agencies keep the names of tipsters, and those people who do "searches", as potential suspects. Wouldn't you?

Plus, LE has to run the person, to make sure they aren't a mental patient, have a record, or, they could even be the perp., trying to send LE on a wild goose chase.

So, I don't know the circumstances of your call. But, we all know calls can easily be traced, email can be traced to a IP address, and calls are recorded.

The term, "anonymous tip", is not really an accurate one. If you were LE, and the tip was a good one, wouldn't you want some way of contacting the person for more information?

I know for a fact, that most agencies run tipsters. I wasn't on the other end of the phone, so, I don't know your encounter, but, I'd be shocked if they didn't ask you for your name, or get your phone number from the call automatically.

left

At least very hard.

rd
Do you honestly believe your tip would lead immediately to a Federal investigation so quickly as the next morning?! There must have been something going on with tasers in the months or even years preceding the Feds coming in with specific issues (such as happened in the past 24 hours of the man getting tasered and dropping dead on them).

You can't call into play a Federal investigation overnight no matter who you are! The President couldn't even pull that one off! Sorry, but I do not believe it had anything to do with the photo tip in any way. This was definitely a coincidence.

Unless you have in place the new system like we are using here for a "model" for other cities, your calls are recorded in a number of ways no matter how anonymous they say they are. The new system actually guarantees anonymity by which the calls are not routed even into this state and LE has no way to gain access to the info from the caller. This is being tried out so people will turn in tips on known gang members for crimes otherwise without witnesses because of retaliation. During their "release" of how this system works, it does indeed say that tip lines are monitored in various ways. I will try to find the link for you.

Ok back to basics..

rd believes the suspect to have some sort of LE type uniform on
SS believes it to be a chef

Let's throw other ideas out there... who do we think this person is? Man, Woman, Boy, Girl?

Let's get back on track to Jennifer... let's not go back and forth whether tips are monitored, whether a federal investigation was initiated or not. It's not helping find Jenn arguing. So let's get back on track... who do you think the POI/Suspect is?

Ok back to basics..

rd believes the suspect to have some sort of LE type uniform on
SS believes it to be a chef

Let's throw other ideas out there... who do we think this person is? Man, Woman, Boy, Girl?

Let's get back on track to Jennifer... let's not go back and forth whether tips are monitored, whether a federal investigation was initiated or not. It's not helping find Jenn arguing. So let's get back on track... who do you think the POI/Suspect is?

A man wearing some sort of law enforcement uniform, it's very clear in the pictures.

I definitely believe it is a male. With the stride being so long, the hair being so short, and the build you see while walking in the video...definitely points to male for me.

It totally depends on where you work. For example, my company allows us to ship packages- yes they put a limit on it- i.e. one personel package a day but it's here.

I know a lot of people Jenn's age and I can tell you from experience that Jenn did not go out willingly 7/23/06... there is no way after a vacation, leaving S FLA at let's say 6 am or so, and working a full day that she went out. In regards to the cell phone, yes, I believe they have records and are not releasing them in regards to pings. In regards to the last call, I do believe that is accurate. They have never released what last call was on her land line. Also, I do not think she was lured out of her apt before getting dressed for work. I know people who are very much like that- trying to get ready for work in the morning- have a few options and whatever ends up not being worn is thrown on the bed.. or layed out on the bed as it's just part of the morning routine.

And I've said from the start that if anyone who has any info about the location Jennifer worked that they could ship a personal package from there, then of course she would and wouldn't stop by someplace on the way to work.

On the other hand, if it was so obvious as it is here for some reason, there wouldn't be news reports that the police believe she was out looking for a package dropbox Monday night or Tuesday morning. Someone that would say, well why would she do that, she would ship from work!

But they didn't, and that was the lead for Jennifer's story in the beginning.

I am talking about stopping at a Fedex Kinko's on the way to work. Even Fedex Kinko's is closed at night, and I have no idea why the police would think she would have packaging and an account to "drop" a package off.

Consistent with the rest of their thinking.

rd

Plus, LE has to run the person, to make sure they aren't a mental patient, have a record, or, they could even be the perp., trying to send LE on a wild goose chase.

left

Do you have any idea how many tips they get from psychics? :D

well be shocked, left, because that's what anonymous means. Now did I try to conceal my identity? No. I called with my own phone, not a payphone or throwaway, and I gave them my name but I don't think they took it down, or at least they just spelled it phonetically if they did.

My recollection is that I called the number in a news article on Jennifer and the person told me to call a crime tipline. I called that number and someone took the info and gave me a tip id number.

I didn't send the photos, no place to send them. I asked for a general email account to at least send the link I posted here but they didn't have one they could give out.

I wasn't too concerned about it because I sent it to two email addresses at Orlando Sentinel before I called, and a third paper email address a couple of days later.

Have I heard back from anyone? No. But while I would not guarantee that a tip made it to anybody, I guarantee that reporters at least know that the images need to be examined closer, so it's not slipping through any cracks.

rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member