FL FL - Karma Jo Bohlen, 38, Daytona Beach, July 21, 2006

sam spade

Former Member
Reaction score
My friend's sister-in-law has been missing since 2005. They were finally able to get an MP report filed on her last week and I entered a case on NAMUS:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Missing Persons Case Report / Location Daytona Beach, Florida County Volusia County

Circumstances of Disappearance:The missing person, Karma Jo Bohlen, was known to be staying in the Daytona Beach, Florida area and last communicated with family members in March of 2005. She had contact with law enforcement authorities in Volusia County, Florida on 10/11/2005. The MP also had an encounter with law enforcement on 7/21/2006.

Physical Description:
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Hair was brown with blonde streaks-natural. Shoulder length.
Body Hair Description: light
Facial Hair Description light
Left Eye Color Blue Right Eye Color Blue Eye Description Almond

Distinctive Physical Features: Pierced Ears
Other distinctive physical characteristic: Burn on leg (possibly from a motorcycle)

Please contact me on here if you have any questions. Karma is originally from Central Illinois in the Vermillion/Champaign County areas.

Thank you!

Original
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The missing person, Karma Jo Bohlen, was known to be staying in the Daytona Beach, Florida area and last communicated with family members in March of 2005. She had contact with law enforcement authorities in Volusia County, Florida on 10/11/2005. The MP also had an encounter with law enforcement on 7/21/2006.

Demographics
Missing Age: 38 Years
Current Age: 52 Years
First Name: Karma
Middle Name: Jo
Last Name: Bohlen
Nickname/Alias: Karma Jo Tatman
Sex: Female
Height: 4' 10" - 5' 2" (58 - 62 Inches)
Weight: 100 - 115 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact: July 21, 2006
NamUs Case Created: November 7, 2020
Last Known Location Map
County: Volusia County
Missing From Tribal Land: No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land: No
Circumstances of Disappearance: The missing person, Karma Jo Bohlen, was known to be staying in the Daytona Beach, Florida area and last communicated with family members in March of 2005. She had contact with law enforcement authorities in Volusia County, Florida on 10/11/2005. The MP also had an encounter with law enforcement on 7/21/2006.

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: Hair was brown with blonde streaks-natural. Shoulder length.
Body Hair Description: light
Facial Hair Description: light
Left Eye Color: Blue
Right Eye Color: Blue
Eye Description: Almond

Distinctive Physical Features
Other distinctive physical characteristic: Burn on leg

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

Transportation
No Information Entered

Investigating Agencies

Urbana Police Department
Agency Case Number: U20-4943

Date Reported: November 3, 2020

On the day she was listed as missing??? What was that all about? Guess I need to go do some digging.

“The MP also had an encounter with law enforcement on 7/21/2006.”

On the day she was listed as missing??? What was that all about? Guess I need to go do some digging.

I would assume that 7-21 was the day she is considered missing because that is that last day there was confirmed contact

It took the family many many years to get someone to file the MP report.. Florida wouldnt do it as she was last seen by family in Illinois.. Illinois said last know location was Florida so they had to file the report...it went back and forth until Urbana PD finally agreed to take the report..

It took the family many many years to get someone to file the MP report.. Florida wouldnt do it as she was last seen by family in Illinois.. Illinois said last know location was Florida so they had to file the report...it went back and forth until Urbana PD finally agreed to take the report..
Thank you for your input. How frustrating that must have been for her family. Welcome to Websleuths. We'd love to have your insights and knowledge. If you can become a VI (see below) then you'll be able to provide more photos, especially of her smiling so her teeth can be seen. That would help match her to any unidentified persons.

If you'd like to become a verified insider which will enable you to speak freely, without a main stream media (MSM) link, please review this thread. It is an easy process from what I understand.
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Websleuths rules list that you'll want to review.
The Rules

Does her family have ideas about which states or areas of the country she might have known people or felt most comfortable living?

I think Karma may be a good match for the Ms. Startex Doe in Spartanburg, SC.
I submitted Karma's Namus profile to the Spartanburg Coronor's Office. This is the latest recreation of Ms Startex from the DNA DOe Project.
MsStartexReconstruction_web.jpg

I think Karma may be a good match for the Ms. Startex Doe in Spartanburg, SC.
I submitted Karma's Namus profile to the Spartanburg Coronor's Office. This is the latest recreation of Ms Startex from the DNA DOe Project.
MsStartexReconstruction_web.jpg

I am her sister kristy syed please contact me at 757-949-0826 with any and all information please!! Thank you!!!
Welcome to Websleuths! I am so sorry your family is still searching after all these years. As I mentioned in post #11, it would be great if you became a Verified Insider. That is usually very helpful so more information can be shared, especially photos.

Copied from post #11 above.
If you can become a VI (see below) then you'll be able to provide more photos, especially of her smiling so her teeth can be seen. That would help match her to any unidentified persons.

If you'd like to become a verified insider which will enable you to speak freely, without a main stream media (MSM) link, please review this thread. It is an easy process from what I understand.
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Websleuths rules list that you'll want to review.
The Rules

I think that's the date she was reported missing so that may be what that is?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back