FL FL - Kyla Porter, 19, Pasco County, 15 Feb 2008

Poster Event and Press Release:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Jan 23, 2011 – The family of Kyla Porter, 19 years of age in 2008, who vanished from Holiday, Florida is planning an event to help bring awareness. It has been nearly three years and no sign of Ms. Porter has been seen. Her family desperately seek answers as to what happened to Kyla.

A Poster and Balloon Launch is being organized by LostNMissing, Inc, a 501c3 Non-profit organization that is managing the case for the family. Volunteers are being sought and asked to arrive on Saturday, February 26, 2011at 9:00 am at the Publix Supermarket parking lot at 5127 US-19, New Port Richey, Florida near ...
http://lostnmissing.posterous.com/press-release-unsolved-missing-kyla-porter-19

VolunteerPoster.jpg

Special Announcement: Theresa, Kyla's mom, and her twin sister will be appearing tomorrow night, January 25, 2011 on the Jane Valez Mitchell show. Tune in on HLN cable! See your guide for channel. Thank you.

Kyla case was just on JVM tonight!!

Mom's plea for help.
Missing for almost 3 years
Kyla made a mysterious phone call that night and was never heard from again. Her friend who was with her that night has not helped them.
Last time anyone heard from her was 2/15/08.
LE did not search for her for at least weeks b/cd she is an adult.
Her twin sister Sheresa said she was going out to some party with her friends. They did not know who picked her up.
Kyla called her older sister at 930pm and said she was on her way home. That she was with her friend and that she would be home in one hour.
The next day mom found out she never made it home.
The mom while talking on JVM said she called her friend and the friend said she was never with her. (JVM whispered-no name please).
The family never figured out who she was with.
Her BF was in jail when she went missing. Was depressed over his arrest.
Kyla had no cell phone with her. Made the call from unknown friends phone with a 813 area code. LE checking Kyla cell phone records. States Metro cannot go back. LE got court order to look at cell phone records and found out it was only her calls going out. No incoming calls were documented.
No ATM card was used after she disappeared.
JVM said we will do everything we can to find your love one. we want to have you back and will contact the police.

YouTube has not processed Part 2 of Kyla's story. I will give it some more time to see what happens. YT maybe overloaded tonight or it could be the weather here in Florida.

Ahhhhhhh, I should have read further down. Thank you, Sierra. I will look for it tomorrow. hugs, Cyn

YouTube has not processed Part 2 of Kyla's story. I will give it some more time to see what happens. YT maybe overloaded tonight or it could be the weather here in Florida.
Thank you, Patty. You do such a great job! Hugs, Cyn

I was channel surfing between JVM and a movie lastnight. I seen Holiday, Florida, and that this girl has been missing since 2008. I was curious because I live in this area and have never heard her of her before. While searching the net, I found this thread.

I wish LE would have done more when Kyla was first reported missing. And where were all the local reporters? I'm surprised that nobody was really interested in helping this family.

It's nice that the family will be hanging flyers to get the word out next month but, it's been so long. I hope with the national exposure from JVM, the local media will get involved and show up at Publix to report on this familes nightmare and desire to find their loved one.

Does anyone think Kyla's disappearance may be related to that of Stefanie Francique (she's listed here)? It's very interesting to me that neither woman has been found and that it's been mentioned Kyla might be in the Moon Lake area as Stefanie was abducted FROM the Moon Lake area...

I wouldn't lean that way. If there was a stranger who was abducting young girls he would more than likely have a certain type he is looking for. Stephanie and Kyla are completely different.

Also, Stephanie lived Colony Lake Estates, which is a nice, newer subdivision, a few blocks to the west of 'The Moon Lake Estates". She wasn't wondering around. She was outside smoking in her backyard. I never felt that a stranger would be prowling around in that subdivision. I also helped search for Stephanie on a Saturday, 2 weeks after she was reported missing, IIRC.

A LE officer is a next door neighbor. With a couple of big dogs. From what I recall, one was a German Shepard. When my search party walked between the 2 houses, the dogs went crazy. They were outside in the screened in pool area. It sent our hinky meters up.

There was suspicion towards the boyfriend/husband. His family showed up to help look for her but he was not with them. Everyone who knows her said she wouldn't run away that her Daughter was her life.

Kyla, if she was in Moon Lake, was there visiting. Someone had to drive her out there. That's a good haul from Holiday. I'm very suspicious of the friend of hers who is saying she wasn't with her and is refusing to help. WHY? What is she hiding? Moon Lake Road is a scary place to be late at night. Was there an argument and Kyla was left to walk home, alone? Or did something happen at the party and everyone is keeping their mouths shut?

LE should be looking at her friend and wondering why she doesn't want to help.

JMO

I was channel surfing between JVM and a movie lastnight. I seen Holiday, Florida, and that this girl has been missing since 2008. I was curious because I live in this area and have never heard her of her before. While searching the net, I found this thread.

I wish LE would have done more when Kyla was first reported missing. And where were all the local reporters? I'm surprised that nobody was really interested in helping this family.

It's nice that the family will be hanging flyers to get the word out next month but, it's been so long. I hope with the national exposure from JVM, the local media will get involved and show up at Publix to report on this familes nightmare and desire to find their loved one.

It's a very sad situation. Kyla's mom, Theresa, never knew organizations were available to assist until 7 months ago when our organization began representing the family. (LostNMissing, Inc) Even more sad is that she has spent the better part of the past three years out on her own trying to get info out and with very little to no media involvement. Since we've had her case we've been lucky she's been on Psychic Kids network and last night on Jane Valez. Also, what really tugged at my heart was Exactly two weeks after she went missing, back in 2008..her mother BEGGED media and police to do something..anything. They didn’t. Then one day she was on her way home, after searching for Kyla all day long, and saw her home surrounded by television cameras…she flew to get the rest of the way home. Here the cameras were next door doing a news story as the 12 year old was bit by a pitt bull on the leg! She went and talked with a couple reporters who PROMISED they would come back………and they never did. Truly sad. Yes, we have been working full speed to bring Kyla's case to the immediate media and finally after 7 months of urging we are starting to get media attention.

Holiday, Florida - It's been three years of agony for a Holiday family desperate for answers after their loved one, 19 -year-old Kyla Porter, disappeared.

On February 15, 2008, Porter went missing from the area after she went out. She called her sister to say she was on her way home in about an hour but she never showed up.

Saturday in New Port Richey, in the parking lot of the Publix grocery story at 5127 U.S. 19, Kyla's friends and family gathered to pass out five hundred flyers to bring attention to her disappearance.

Her mother, Teresa Ahrens, says, ......
http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=177351&catid=250

NEW PORT RICHEY --

Family and friends have tried everything from psychics to search parties to find a girl who has been missing for three years, and now the family is trying a different tactic.

Kyla Porter has been missing since Feb. 15, 2008. Her mother, Teresa Ahrens organized a balloon release in her daughter's honor and handed out fliers with Kyla's picture.

"It's like she disappeared off the face of the earth," Ahrens said....

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2011/february/212333/Mother-of-missing-Pasco-County-girl-not-giving-up-in-search

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betthicus
Back