GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 8m8 minutes ago
Lonna Lauramore Barton attorney Kevin Carlisle also watching hearing from jury box.

https://twitter.com/LarryHannan

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 2m2 minutes ago
Coarsey apparently told Ebron he wasn't a suspect when they first interviewed him about Lonzie's disappearance.

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 8m8 minutes ago Florida, USA
Ebrons parents are not in the courtroom, perhaps because they will be witnesses in the trial

https://twitter.com/kangel6

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris 3m3 minutes ago
Defense now pulling point in video when Ebron gives consent to search to submit DNA swap, 1 hour 25 minutes into interview.

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris now14 seconds ago
On video, Coarsey advises Ebron that consenting to swab is voluntary, any evidence gathered could be used against.

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris now22 seconds ago
Defense attorney now pointing out that a consent to search electronic device form was also available at JSO.

One of defense's arguments is that LE had time to present a written search warrant/consent form for Ebron's phone since they did so with his DNA consent form.

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 3m3 minutes ago Florida, USA
JSO asked for Ebrons cellphone after he gave the ok for a DNA swab

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 1m1 minute ago Florida, USA
Detectives asked to look at smart phone and it was never returned to Ebron

Lorena Inclán ‏@LorenaANjax 2m2 minutes ago
Defense: JSO never asked for permission to download data from Ebron's LG phone

Lorena Inclán ‏@LorenaANjax 41s41 seconds ago
video now showing Coarsey asking "you still don't have a problem with me going through your phone looking at GPS stuff?"

Two hours eight minutes into interview JSO looks at the GPS history of Ebrons phone

I looked up similar cases regarding electronic device searches, including appeals. In some states - Texas for one - LE can search without too much restriction or need for a search warrant. Florida, not so much. This is going to be tricky.

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris 23s23 seconds ago
On video, Coarsey to Ebron: "you still don't have a problem with me going into your phone looking at GPS stuff?"

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris 17s17 seconds ago
Defense attorney arguing that detectives never asked permission to download any data from Ebron's phone.

Lorena Inclán ‏@LorenaANjax now1 minute ago
Coarsey says they did tell Ebron JSO was doing a full download of his phone during interview on July 24 @ActionNewsJax

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris now1 minute ago
Defense attorney says that written or verbal detectives never told Ebron that phone data download could be used against him if done.

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 3s3 seconds ago Florida, USA
Did you tell Ebron you will download his texts? No said Coursey

Lorena Inclán ‏@LorenaANjax 36s36 seconds ago
Coarsey says they did tell Ebron JSO was doing a full download of his phone during interview on July 24

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 3m3 minutes ago Florida, USA
Did you tell him the evidence can be used against him? No I did not

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 2m2 minutes ago Florida, USA
Ebron was told of if he left JSO building "he would be killing the investigation."

He was later arrested for his drivers license and child neglect but was never charged for the DL violation

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 26s26 seconds ago Florida, USA
Ebron asked for his phone from JSO two times but never got it

ETA: MsMarple, matou, I'm out. Go for it! :)

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris 54s55 seconds ago
Coarsey brings Lonna Barton into room after Ebron asks to leave and Sgt says "If you leave, it makes it a lot harder for us to find him"

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris 18s18 seconds ago
"If you leave, us not finding him is on you. It's not on me, it's not on the detective. You're the last one who saw him." - Sgt Coarsey

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris now42 seconds ago
Those last two statements are from the video interrogation of Ebron during his initial interrogation before he was detained.

Lorena Inclán ‏@LorenaANjax now52 seconds ago
In another clip Ebron asked for his phone back again but Coarsey says they're keeping his phone @ActionNewsJax

My connection's gone a little wonky. Defense is still up, talking about the video.

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 now37 seconds ago Florida, USA
We are one hour into court hearing and so far JSO Coursey is the only witness @FCN2go

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 2m2 minutes ago Florida, USA
Ebron attorney Joseph Boyle is making case that JSO did not have a legal right to download the information on Ebron's phone @FCN2go

It took a day and a half to complete the extraction of the cellphone @FCN2go

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 49s49 seconds ago Florida, USA
Extraction was done at the secret service office @FCN2go

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 3s3 seconds ago Florida, USA
There were three downloads or extractions from the phone @FCN2go

Lorena Inclán ‏@LorenaANjax now4 seconds ago
State now questioning witness @ActionNewsJax

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris now10 seconds ago
In October, Ebron asked that Sgt Coarsey and another detective come to meet him at Pre Trial Detention Facility. Asked them to search phone.

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris now6 seconds ago
Coarsey says Ebron wanted them to search phone again for pictures of Lonzie Barton.

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 now44 seconds ago Florida, USA
Can u tell the court what was responsible for October search? Ebron told us we need to find some photos said Coursey @FCN2go

Ken Amaro ‏@kangel6 18s18 seconds ago Florida, USA
Ebron is paying to every word spoken by JSO detective but he is not showing any emotion @FCN2go

Yes! I had forgotten about his call in October for detectives to search his phone again. I think this is a good thing for the state as it illustrates that Ebron sought LE out to specifically request they search his phone, well after the alleged "wrongful" search of the same phone.

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris 57s57 seconds ago
Coarsey also says that Ebron advised detectives to the "Facebook Messenger" app on his smartphone.

Lorena Inclán ‏@LorenaANjax now48 seconds ago
State: Even when detectives said they were downloading info from his phone Ebron didn't object @ActionNewsJax

Defense redirect - more questions about consent. Prosecution back up.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan now38 seconds ago
This is the third time Mantei has questioned Coarsey, Boyle has questioned him twice. Judge just told them this won't happen next week.

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris now40 seconds ago
Sgt Coarsey has been excused. Court in recess for 5 minutes.

Wow, it's 3:30 there. Will they finish the motions today??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500