Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect your opinion. her first interview: not a tremble the entire interview. a brief sniffle. no pics of Madeline to be shown to the public. her second interview, the trembling..off and on. she begins telling the same account but stops...she adds "Im not sure what I am allowed to share". (???) for starters, again, she should have been providing pics of Madeline to the media to focus their camera on.

instead, SS is presented. her comforting him. JS decided to do the united front thang....IMO, she attempted to have the public believe: *see, he's really not the creepy BF you saw hovering in my first interview... he was soooooo distressed, he couldnt be on camera with me*.
Respecting your opinion also.
She could be so manipulated by him and simultaneously scared, and she does not know what to say.
You have him making noise, cracking knuckles, making his anger/discomfort/presence known. If he has manipulated her, these could be signs she recognizes as him getting angry, heightening the nervousness and anxiety.
This is just my view and my own experiences with manipulative people.

And I'm still wondering why her laptop was dumped at 7:35 but then SS drives her into the compound at 8:19 apparently deceased. LE only gave us one time of his or JS's car coming through the gatehouse entrance. Nothing makes sense unless her dead body was somewhere else before we were made aware of that one event.
your question, was Madeline somewhere else where he picked her up from and then returned at 8:19am.

sigh....we dont know if he was at the Soto house overnite or if there is an arrival time in the morning.
confirmed by LE: dumpster time 7:35am. no exit time from the complex only a returned time: confirmed 8:19am where Madeline is 'visible' in the car. no exit time when he left with Madeline (believed to be deceased) to dispose of her. and....another timeframe LE asks the public: 1-1:30pm tire/car

I had a thought she was in the complex somewhere originally, and then decided to move her which is why she is seen in the car. big complex, wouldnt walk around, would drive around. perhaps she was hidden somewhere there. LE: "we believed he moved her body" but they dont say from where.

another piece: LE began a search for Madeline and eventually recovered her in an area where supposedly SS was seen 'changing a tire' between 1-1:30pm. supposedly a tip, was the tire seen off? or was he seen just fussing around as if he was preparing to change the tire. the BOLA pic of his car, the wheel is missing the hubcap. is it a spare? was that hub-less car wheel captured on the complex's video when Madeline was 'visible' in the car at 8:19am?

lots of missing pieces!:confused:

When LE were searching for her body, the helicopter flyovers on the news seemed to show them searching out behind / around an abandoned property with a derelict house on it. I have wondered what made them so interested in that particular location? I've also wondered if they found anything there of evidentiary significance? Was this a place he'd been to previously with her? Or with someone else we may not know about? Did they have reason to believe that perhaps her body was in that general area (I've no idea how far that is from where her body was actually located). But if her body was there - why drive it all the way back to the complex for 8:19 at which time LE assert her body was visible in the car, already dead?
IMO, when LE said "we believe he moved her body in the early morning hours", I thought about that more and its possible she was somewhere in the complex. he may have driven around to where he hid her, then put her in the car (because obviously cant be walking around with her) and drove back around and a camera showed she was in the car.

we just dont know when he left the complex....skips to him 'returning'. LE doesnt specifically say 'he returned with Madeline in the car". perhaps Im too specific, but LE has been careful with their wording.

IMO, when LE said "we believe he moved her body in the early morning hours", I thought about that more and its possible she was somewhere in the complex. he may have driven around to where he hid her, then put her in the car (because obviously cant be walking around with her) and drove back around and a camera showed she was in the car.

we just dont know when he left the complex....skips to him 'returning'. LE doesnt specifically say 'he returned with Madeline in the car". perhaps Im too specific, but LE has been careful with their wording.
I considered that too, thats why I asked if there were any vacant units for sale/rent close to them,( which there are) if they had key safes , and if he had access somehow? but if that were the case I think we would have seen a search warrant and a forensics vehicle, and that hasn't happened. We also know there are 2 entrances/exits into the complex, maybe only one has a camera or maybe they're only reporting what one camera saw. 4010 Santa Maria Dr APT 107, Kissimmee, FL 34741 | Zillow ( this unit is 200 ft away)

Last edited:
2024 CF 000632
STERNS, STEPHAN MICHAEL

Published March 12, 2024

This was 7 days ago and they've not updated it based on what's listed on the court site. He pled not guilty & waived his Arraignment 3/8/24.

1710855541779.png

1710855617796.png

NO way is there going to be a trial on this case by 5/13/24. Florida may be faster, but not that fast. It'd take at least three years to get this to trial in California. @MassGuy said there may not be any trial, thinks defendant may plead guilty and slink off to prison.

Yes, there's plenty of evidence against him especially in the sexual abuse of a child and the disposal of human remains. However, just IMO, it's very possible he could try to implicate the mother in the murder, leaving him with just SA charges and disposal of a body. :eek: Or maybe an accidental or suicidal death.

The experts say the SA charges alone could get him LWOP, but would that still hold if he didn't commit a murder? I don't know how it works in Florida. Just wondering. What'd you think?

NO way is there going to be a trial on this case by 5/13/24. Florida may be faster, but not that fast. It'd take at least three years to get this to trial in California. @MassGuy said there may not be any trial, thinks defendant may plead guilty and slink off to prison.

Yes, there's plenty of evidence against him especially in the sexual abuse of a child and the disposal of human remains. However, just IMO, it's very possible he could try to implicate the mother in the murder, leaving him with just SA charges and disposal of a body. :eek: Or maybe an accidental or suicidal death. The experts say the SA charges alone could get him LWOP, but would that still hold if he didn't commit a murder? Just wondering. What'd you think?
I think he's going to be in jail a long time. Hopefully until he eventually dies. I see zero reason why any judge should ever consider releasing him. I don't care if he did the murder himself intentionally, accidentally or wasn't involved in that part at all. He needs to be in jail permanently with no hope of parole for any reason.

If he was going to throw mom under the bus, he'd have done it already and he hasn't. I'm unsure of what to make of that exactly. I don't actually care though. Regardless of who actually killed the girl, he was clearly abusing her, and mom was either involved or complicit or blind as a bat.

...I see zero reason why any judge should ever consider releasing him. I don't care if he did the murder himself intentionally, accidentally or wasn't involved in that part at all. He needs to be in jail permanently with no hope of parole for any reason.
I don't think it's solely up to a Judge. This is about the legal system and the defendant's rights too. If you've followed cases to trial you know it's not always a sure thing, and also they can appeal.

You said "I don't care" twice, but that's just your opinion. Saying you don't care about the details doesn't answer it because the details are what's crucial. Don't get me wrong, I understand why you feel he should be put in prison permanently, but that doesn't ensure it unless there's ironclad penalties in place in the Florida legal system.

That's what I don't know. Would the SA charges alone, without the murder, put him away for life? We've all seen the many approaches the Defense can take and I'm wondering if there's a way for this defendant to reduce his sentencing.

No, you wouldn't have heard about it yet if his defense is planning to implicate the mother. We don't really know what's in that Discovery either.

All MOO here.

I'm asking-- Is that new Florida law going to be able to impose LWOP, if not the DP for a child sex offender? Florida's legal system is quite different than say California's.

Probably why I'm questioning it all is that here in my county we have so many news announcements about child sex offenders getting out of prison to be placed under the Conditional Release Program. It's frightening for residents.
MSN an example from four days ago.

There's constant debates about why this violent sex offender of children should be moved into a nice safe rural community. It's unbelievable, and it's a far cry from the DP that Florida law wants to impose.

There was one defendant here that confessed and took the plea of LWOP to avoid the DP, and he's thankfully in prison now for life. That was John Albert Gardner III who killed Amber Dubois and Chelsea King.
He even admitted he's the type that needs to be locked up for life.

If he was going to throw mom under the bus, he'd have done it already and he hasn't.
Is it possible he has but they have not moved on an arrest for different reasons?
Except according to previously posted dockets he plead not guilty.
That can change and often does. It's more rare that someone instantly pleads guilty after getting arrested.

Is it possible he has but they have not moved on an arrest for different reasons?

That can change and often does. It's more rare that someone instantly pleads guilty after getting arrested.
hopefully, if he does, he won't get to slink off to prison before appearing at sentencing. I can't believe people can waive appearances. It should be a logical consequence, and I think it's disrespectful to victims/families. ( and I'm putting it mildly)

Last edited:
hopefully, if he does, he won't get to slink off to prison before appearing at sentencing. I can't believe people can waive appearances. It should be a logical consequence, and I think it's disrespectful to victims/families. ( and I'm putting it mildly)
If only the shame would sink into SS, and last for his entire lifetime in his long prison stay. However, many have no real remorse. They don't all slink away and stay hidden in shame. I know Chris Watts had to face a public sentencing, but he seemed to get over the shame and has many pen pals now. I can't think of a worst example of human, and yet women send him their pics.

What happens after sentencing is often not what we here would expect. Hope this link is allowed. There's a video on the right side. The headlines sound make it sound like his life is over, but he's feeding his ego with all the women fans he seems to have. It makes me sick, but someday he'll be judged by his Maker.
How Chris Watts Decided to Plead to Killing Family: 'Eventually He Acknowledged His Life Was Over'

If only the shame would sink into SS, and last for his entire lifetime in his long prison stay. However, many have no real remorse. They don't all slink away and stay hidden in shame. I know Chris Watts had to face a public sentencing, but he seemed to get over the shame and has many pen pals now. I can't think of a worst example of human, and yet women send him their pics.

What happens after sentencing is often not what we here would expect. Hope this link is allowed. There's a video on the right side. The headlines sound make it sound like his life is over, but he's feeding his ego with all the women fans he seems to have. It makes me sick, but someday he'll be judged by his Maker.
How Chris Watts Decided to Plead to Killing Family: 'Eventually He Acknowledged His Life Was Over'
so infuriating.

Then again why would he then go through all the trouble of hiding her body and that unless he physically killed her and left marking..
I am not an expert, but I think that if she did it to herself, they could have just had 911 come get her from the house and it would have been treated like a tragedy but with less scrutiny re. people’s devices. Sadly, it’s not that uncommon for young people to do so.

I do think Florida is tougher on these type of offenders. I think they'll put SS away behind bars for life too. If he is going to plead not guilty though, and take this to trial, you'll have to expect some tricky maneuvers by his Defense to try all angles to reduce his sentence.

MOO, if the DP is off the table, there'd be less reason to try to say the mother did the murder. He knows he can't wiggle out of the SA. Thankfully SS supplied them with evidence of his own crimes against a child. If he's anticipates getting LWOP for just the SA, then why implicate the mother for the murder? Even if it was her, he might as well take the rap if he's still going to end up with LWOP. Hmm... that's a disturbing thought, huh. Anyways, Florida has proven to be tougher on this kind of offender.

This Florida case is recent.

Warning Graphic and may trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads